Rene''
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,195 posts
I will not lie, I have no idea what you are going though with PSTD! If meditation isn't helping you may try music. Sometimes I have to listen to some soft music before I meditate to calm my self down. I, myself, listen to soft, Celtic music. It's kinda of magical sounding and it calms me. My word of advice. Until you get back in control...do not check your messages! If they need you real bad, they will find a way to get to you. Take care of yourself and ...breath. I am sending you blessings.
Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
780 posts
Try the book The Power of Now by Echart Tolle. Another one by him is A New Earth. They both are very good reads and helped me deal with my chronic depression...which stems from both PTSD and a constant barrage of other people's energy.Shine on...
Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
780 posts
I am glad you are feeling better :) I go back to those books and read the different sections that apply to my current plights quite often. It helps when I am in a bad place....you know what I mean ;)
dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
2 years ago
55 posts

Lego video games! I love smashing objects to bits!

Visitor
Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

I have major depression, anxiety, and probably mild PTSD. All I can say is you have to fight it with everything you have. There's no silver bullet. I am doing the following: 1) cut toxic people out of my life, even a family member, 2) take medication, 3) take numerous vitamin and mineral supplements to balance my mood, 4) I've quit jobs that made me depressed or killed my self-esteem, 5) avoid alcohol 99% of the time, 6) get up early and go to bed early, 7) own pets, 8) try to avoid sugar (very difficult), 9) meditation and grounding exercises, 10) clearing the clutter out of my house and yard, gradually because there's a ton of it, 11) never skipping meals, 12) moved to small, rural town. Everything helps a little but nothing does the entire job by itself.

Nature doesn't always ground me. Sometimes it makes me fearful; I believe I'm picking up the emotions of the wild animals hiding in the area. I don't know. I like to be surrounded by open space and wildness but not right in the middle of it, as in camping.

P.S. It's not "only feelings". Feelings are things, objects even. They have a presence in your body, the same as if you'd swallowed a rock, or worse.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book