Goodenergyhealing
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
2 years ago
392 posts

I think he has a point to a degree.... Please be aware though that he argues about empathy, not 'empaths'. And perhaps he should have added - short-sighted empathy? I agree though that it is not rare that humans look for short term relief of suffering - their own, or that of others. They will do the minimum to find some relief,and then keep ignoring the actual root causes of that suffering (unless it bites them in the bum so hard, it cannot be ignored further). And some people just get so enveloped in drama, their emotions block any rational and more long term strategic thinking.... I guess it is rarely ill-intended though. Many people might neither have the time, energy, resources, or education to do more....There might be some intellectual arrogance in his talk? He is basically ranting, possibly with a cause, but without giving the people better tools to help (themselves or others). Without giving people better understanding and tools though, any rant is pretty much moot....

I guess as empath most of us will deal/ have dealt with so many negative emotions, we know how they can get in the way of good decision making, and effective healing processes? I might be projecting? I am definitely not without compassion, but I have been called a heartless monster more than once, when calling people's 'drama games', and not playing along - lol. As such many of us will be more long term thinkers. Also many of us feel suffering to it's root cause, so we do not just apply band aids. when helping heal...

Love and Light!

Lavender&rose
Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
2 years ago
82 posts

Empathy is a big thing in academic circles currently - but mostly they are not discussing being an empath or anything much regarding what an empath experiences, just normal human empathy or the lack of it, where it is located, as such, in the brain, why some people seem to have none, the role in the rise in clinical narcissism and sociopathy, in psychopathy, in mass murderous movements, genocide, etc etc.

A lot of empaths are quite low in empathy. You do get burnt out. :)

I shouldn't worry about what he is saying, it's just a point of view and part of the general global interest in empathy as a trait.

Rene''
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,195 posts
Demipanda, you are fine. You are a deep thinker wanting answers and understanding. That's why we all are here.
LoconnorO
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
2 years ago
152 posts

I agree too, he is looking at Empathy through a very fixed and pessimistic angle and it kind of makes me cringe lol. I think that Empathy is what makes the world better, he's looking at it from the big corporation and Government side of things, but where it matters most is on the personal side of things. Empathy is what helps feed the homeless. Empathy is what helps people care about others and treat others with the respect they deserve as another human. Emapthy is what makes some people care about Global Warming and destruction of environments on earth. Empathy is what makes the world a better and less hostile place and we need more of it. I feel like he really didn't have an understanding of what he was saying and personally I think he thinks his education makes his opinion more valuable and more worth while to listen to which, again, really upsets me.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book