Picking things up through touch

To post a reply, login or signup

Starfire
@starfire
last year
6 posts
Just wanted to get people's thoughts/experience with picking up people's 'stuff' if they have physically interacted with you. Like a hug or hand shake or something similar, or even something more.I imagine it can be easy to take things on in this situation...??
updated by @starfire: 01/10/17 11:34:57AM
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
last year
867 posts

If you look up psychometry it should give you some information to assist you.

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Well I definitely don't have the best track record with wanting to give hugs. There are few times when I want to because it feels so overwhelming... Even if I really love someone and want them to know that. Sometimes it's overwhelming because it just feels too emotionally close, but other times it's overwhelming because of the other person's emotions/whatever they're dealing with at the time.

I'm not sure why I fear closeness so much? Does anyone have any ideas about that?

Anyway. Hand shakes are less difficult, but I try to avoid those, too :/ lol Other people's energies come through every time I'm around them, but with any kind of physical touch it's like I can feel way more.

Bigg Hoss
@bigg-hoss
last year
36 posts

I am extremely touch orientated. It helps me to literally "get a handle on things" lol In all seriousness though it really does have an amplification effect on any desired information i wish to project or receive. I have done it so long all my life that now that I am awakened to the implications of it's meanings and why I done it for years it is hard to not do it by habit. I don't want to infringe on others or be infringed upon either. This ability through touch can be alarming on one end of the spectrum and on the other hand it can be used in negative ways as well. Because of this you kinda have to be aware of those around you as you may have someone who is a hands "on" type person much like I tended to be and am still guilty without realizing it sometimes. They may not realize they take your energy or impose energy/willpower on you through things as subtle as eye contact and a pat on the back or handshake or a touch to get your attention or convey a message or idea. With all this said it can def help you pick up on and convey or take on unwillingly many types of energy or emotions. This is my personal experience though others experiences or as they say "mileage may vary". With that said have a nice night/day :D Hope I was able to tell you something of value.

Starfire
@starfire
last year
6 posts

I'm no where near the point where I can say for sure that I'm picking up things through touch. But thinking back on the times I've felt strong emotions or impulses, there has been some sort of touch or closeness involved. How have you come to recognise it so clearly?

Bigg Hoss
@bigg-hoss
last year
36 posts

Well for me I have always felt before contact the energy but to better assess I always used a pat on the back or shoulder or hand on the arm and shoulder or hug of a friend or a girl i liked. I just always thought everyone felt that connection. Then as I get older and learned about various subjects like psychics and empaths and various gifts I realized what I had been doing. I seemed to just "know" what it was. I then honed it (tried to do it ethically) using the ability on loved ones. You WILL know when it happens trust me. Example scenario: I go see my mother and she is sad faced and radiating energy of a darker oppressive or sad kind and know somethings up just walking in the room feeling it. If I then walk up and hold her hand or hug and address her with initiating with eye contact (it helps) I can feel just how deep it is and in some cases what the source of the sadness, anguish etc.. is. This is exceptionally strong feeling with loved ones and close people and makes it easier to practice as it is way stronger feeling and helps to discern easier.

Starfire
@starfire
last year
6 posts
That is how i have felt in the past. I ended up doing hands on healing to a few of my loved ones. It was very intuitive - i just realised i could deeply feel things, and connect to energies - that situation was obvious to me, in terms of knowing i can feel through touch. I tried to do it intentionally on some family members i never tried it on before, i got bombarded by all their bad stuff. It has taken a good year to get over.Im in a situation now where I am the one getting healed of all these things by a regular by a professional who doesnt do any lightwork healing or things like this. This situation isnt obvious to me. I don't know for sure if im connecting to stuff or just imagining it. I am feeling things that im not intending on picking up, and i dont know what the heck it means, or what im supposed to do with it - it isn't bad, just confusing, and i feel they make my energy wobbly. I will try to protect myself before hand and after, but the next tine i see them, it seems to all go out the window. Maybe they are just too infringing as energy???
Bigg Hoss
@bigg-hoss
last year
36 posts

Well in my experience I find that sometimes there is just no controlling it or if there is it takes a great deal of practice and dedication and can take years to master the on and off of it. I know some are stronger and always in "on" mode where others it comes and goes. I for years tried to ignore it or pretend it isnt real or for fool hardy superstition mixed with certain belief systems tried to avoid using or controlling it once I was "hip" to whats going on (fear of opening myself up to entities etc.. etc..). So, unfortunately I am a novice still in practice at least though I have read a great deal on it over the years. The only thing I ever got good at was in my teens to my early twenties and that was the negative side of it I did naturally and I avoid that at all costs (forcing my energy and will on others or taking their energy to weaken them to do or give me what I want). The bad or negative side comes so naturally during those years. The truly challenging part is learning to control or stabilize it on the positive or neutral day to day side of things. I get affected so easily by people and their baggage like you were saying. It totally throws me off sometimes and mucks up my own energy or feelings. I personally practice constant conditioning of the mind and willpower over my self and feelings for me. I try to tell myself (especially if I know beforehand) this isn't me or my feelings I AM not going to own them. I then envision my self casting them away safely or hold on to them till I can cast them away safely if possible (by safely casting I mean releasing in to the atmosphere or mentally picturing it going in to the earth to be recycled in to positive flow without letting it out where it may harm others). This accompanied by shielding can help for me personally. I try to practice using a shield that holds off most of the energy but allows enough to get a read on them and what they are feeling. Sort of picturing a shield all around with tiny little holes like a strainer. With these things said, I believe the more deeply you are connected to a person the harder it is to manage the infringement on your own emotions and vice versa yours on them. This can make for a very challenging environment. I struggle with it daily with my parents the older they get and more emotionally complicated they get with the age. Especially since I have many reasons to believe one if not both are also sensitives who are completely UNAWARE of what they are and can do positive and negatively. You will get better with practice over time it will eventually not be so overwhelming. I hope you can get something good out of all this rambling I am doing LOL! Have a nice Day/Night :D

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book