Feeling Lonely

To post a reply, login or signup

Karolina
@karolina
last year
4 posts
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. Something I have been experiencing for quite a time now is loneliness and a longing for a deeper connection to someone. In friendships I have tended to attract narcissistic or needy people into my life, then when they have had enough of the friendship, they just discard it. I've learnt that I probably am guilty of giving too much and as a result people take advantage. I.have tried many different avenues to meet people but have often been left disappointed. I'm just finding life as an empath pretty lonely right now
updated by @karolina: 01/18/17 10:10:01AM
seanw4202
@seanw4202
last year
54 posts
Your not alone I've experienced this my entire life... it gets old fast and closes you off to new friendships and connections if you want to feel better may I recommend meditation if you haven't already, I've learned after years of being abused by others I can also find a feel good that I did everything I could to show the world love, and maybe someday they'll remember, it literally is the very least I can do... I find the best friendships are the ones your not looking for or expecting, your loneliness is a lesson, a cruel and upsetting one thinking just 60 years ago there were only 2.6 billion people compared to now 7.3, why are so many lonely, I have a wife and two beautiful kids, yet i'm lonely because what exists in my mind is truly a lonely place so very few can comprehend the level of depth and yet we ALL feel that way most just don't talk about it, we do... welcome home
Karolina
@karolina
last year
4 posts
Thank you so much for your kind words Sean. I have recently started meditation and find it very helpful. You are so right about the epidemic of loneliness that is existing now, I think people have become a lot more disconnected. Right now I'm trying to learn to be a better friend to myself and I'm hoping that after that, better friendships will follow
WendyHMom
@wendyhmom
last year
3 posts
Karolina,I can relate to you. I attract bossy, and argumentative people who make me feel uncomfortable around them. I swear they all lie and talk themselves up and it's soo often I've battled with myself asking if I'm the one making it all up. I've prayed for kind friends who help lift me up not beat me down.I feel lonely as well and am missing out on happy fun friendships.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book