Rene''
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,195 posts
Yes, I think it's very possible. Someone told me that it can be inherited. My granddaughter who is three hears the same house spirits that I do one day I heard the back door open and she looked up at me and said "Benji"? (my son) I thought the same thing but after a a couple of minutes I ask my husband I wonder where Benji went he looked at me as if I had lost my mind and ask what I was talking about. I said Benji had come in the back door cause I heard him, he said ,no, no one had opened the back door and went as far as running the security camarA , that is on that door, back , to show me no one had opened that door. I looked at my granddaughter and thought, hmmm. " Your heard that too?" So yes. At this point I think anything is possible.
Rene''
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,195 posts
My granddaughters dad (my son) and myself are like that. We can talk to each other with our eyes. Lol
Ruth Calkins
Ruth Calkins
@ruth-calkins
2 years ago
3 posts

I am so happy you posted this. I also have a daughter that I believe may be an empath. I myself only figured out a few years ago that there was an actual name for my abilities, although I have always been aware of them. I especially struggled with my abilities when I was in my early 20s. My daughter just turned 20 earlier this month. I am terrified to talk to her about it but I am pretty sure she has the same abilities. I also have heard it is inherited. I don't know if that is true. I think I know which parent I inherited it from (both are now gone). I wish someone had talked to me about it but It is possible that, much like me, they didn't know what is was. The thought of talking to her about it is something I have been debating for awhile. I would love to hear from anyone who has any tips or advice on how get this conversation started...it would be greatly appreciated.

Ruth Calkins
Ruth Calkins
@ruth-calkins
2 years ago
3 posts

Charlotte

You said that so beautifully:

I've always known of my hyper-sensitivity, but thought of it as a flaw somehow. You know how many people like to tell us we're "too sensitive" or that we need to "toughen up" . . . Well, I finally felt a deep sense of relief when I realized there's nothing "wrong" with me and that I'm never going to toughen up. And that's ok

I has gotten easier for me. Sometimes things come to me, sometimes I just know things. I have come to accept that because of all the years I've had for confirmation. I never told my husband, now my ex-husband. But he knew I was different and sometimes he would drill me, wanting to know how I did it. I think we scare people who are trying to hide something. They think we can read their minds. I can't do that but I do pick up on things that people are probably trying very hard to not let anyone see. I have learned to be respectful. I try not to blurt things out. With my daughter...I don't really pick up on her stuff but I think she picks up on mine. I just don't want her to think I am crazy. So, I think it will be an ongoing conversation. Like you said, I will mention it at a good time and see where it goes. That might hard for me, I tend to be a little blunt. I just really worry that if I don't address it now, I might not be around to talk about it latter. I think is is better to leave a few clues than to never say anything.

water_lily
water_lily
@water-lily
2 years ago
90 posts

At least in my experience, yes, she very well might. I am fairly certain empathic abilities come from the maternal side of my family, and my first and strongest empathic connection was to my mother. My parents did not have a pleasant marriage (cheating, emotional abuse, etc) and I think that strong of a connection might have hurt me in the long run, but I can tell you that it is entirely possible for your daughter to feel your feelings, perhaps more strongly than she feels her own. Perhaps, you could try indirectly asking her about it.

Rene''
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,195 posts
Sorry, I didn't get a notification that you had replied. For my son and myself, I really don't know how it works it's like are brain thinks the very same (which should be impossible ) and when we look into each other's eyes I can see clearly what he is thinking and him me. Even sometimes it's painful to fill it. It's total truth everytime. I can text him and if he don't answer , I automatically know why. It's sound crazy , I know.My husband is a logic prover. He thinks we heard something that resembled the door opening and closing and we was both mistaken. "Whatever"! It happens way too often. I can get something on my mind and my granddaughter will come to me and put her hand on my face and pull it to where she can see my eyes and say "you ok, NeaNea? She's only 3. But, her dad was the same way at that age. They both have very high vibrations to the point that I can feel it when I get close to them. Her vibrations is so sweet and pure. Like a good breath of air. Anyway, I know I sound wired. But that's just how it is. Their is a negative to feel things this way, if you walk up to someone with bad energy, you feel every bit of it. They may be a beautiful person on the outside but it will make you step back , the feeling is so strong. Sad
Rene''
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,195 posts
It's my husband that will dismiss the fact of the connection. I may of not stated that correctly But my son fears being rejected if he lets people know of his abalities
water_lily
water_lily
@water-lily
2 years ago
90 posts

Hello, Sorry to have taken so long to reply. I hope that if you decided to indirectly ask her about it, it went well. If she can sense them, then it is very likely that she is sensing despite you trying to hide your worries.

I am still in regular contact with both of my parents. I did not feel that I had to choose between them (until the divorce and the inevitable "who would you like to live with" talk of course. I ended up as more of a peacemaker and saw my role to be the person that kept things from getting too out of hand. As an adult, I find it strange that I had that reaction; I didn't think I ought to keep my parents together or tear them apart or really do anything on that front; I just wanted to make sure no one hit anybody or broke things... Although I felt my mom's pain more than anyone else's, I tried to not let that affect my peacemaking.

On the nice side of things, I think I learned some important lessons pretty early on. Before kindergarten I'd learned the power of perspective in that people can do one thing; you can see them do that thing, and they can be completely convinced that they did something else. Also, I'd learned that in arguments in which participants have opposing views, both views can be right. Mostly, I learned that the truth can be buried somewhere under the different perspectives of people and I may never know what really happened unless I see it with my own eyes. I guess what I am trying to say is that I didn't feel that I had to choose because I knew that my mom was sad/hurt, etc and I knew that my dad was angry, but I also knew that they both loved us and I just wanted to help them both be less angry/upset/worried.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book