Rene''
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,195 posts
I use to be like that. And I have been the butt of my families jokes for a while now. I have a few friends that know it and I'm sure they make fun of me also but they ask a lot of questions. Yes, I would be hurt if it was told to make me look less than who I am or so they can have a good laugh. I'm use to it now. I have been marked as a witch, (I like witches) devil worshiper, "not God like" lost my religion, wizard, hippie ,and my favorite ...as I prepare to meditate, my husband will tell my granddaughter , get away from her, she's about to stir up the universe lol.But, the more you get comfortable in your skin you will see, it's not about them or their thoughts. We work at a higher vibration then they do so there is no way they can possibly understand us or how we feel or the work that we do. They have no idea what we have shielded and protected them from or their feelings that we have to share along with them, everyday. That's why I only have a small circle of family and friends.
Rene''
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,195 posts
I reread your post again and would like to add that being an Empath is not a sin or a crime. I think it's like a blessing or gift. even though we have a lot of bad days. People are afraid of what they don't understand. And if the truth was told, they would want to experience it also.
Tundra2
Tundra2
@tundra2
2 years ago
63 posts

Jessvet, Yes it would hurt me. I agree with both Rene and karma. I would like to talk about being an empath but I feel people, at least the people I know, would not be open minded to listen and understand. That is what is so wonderful about being in this group, a place to talk and share.

Goodenergyhealing
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
2 years ago
392 posts

I cannot really answer tat question, as I would not tell anyone to not tell anyone (anymore). Maybe I had learned to stand up for who and what I am, when I came out as gay (years before my spiritual coming out) . Realizing that I am an empath was just another facet of my being that I became aware of. That said it took me years to be firm in my diagnosis that I am an empath. Being an empath goes against so many other spiritual teachings - which usually tell you that you have to take responsibility for all your emotions, and that they are all self-generated. As such I observed my feelings and thoughts for years, before I was firm in my diagnosis of being clairsentient (the term empath I only found later on). It is all in a book now I have written too, so there is no way to 'hide' it anymore.

So I do not know your life circumstances, there might be reasons why you do not want to be 'open' about your abilities (heck, I would not run around screaming I am gay in a homophobe country either), but it does sometimes also pay to have a closer look at the reasons why we do not openly admit to all facets of our being - and get rid of any unnecessary potential shame...

Love and Light!

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book