Is it ok to tell people about being an empath?

To post a reply, login or signup

jessvet03
@jessvet03
last year
11 posts
Would it hurt you if you told it to somebody and you made them promise they won't say and then they tell it to the person least desired?
updated by @jessvet03: 01/11/17 05:06:47AM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I use to be like that. And I have been the butt of my families jokes for a while now. I have a few friends that know it and I'm sure they make fun of me also but they ask a lot of questions. Yes, I would be hurt if it was told to make me look less than who I am or so they can have a good laugh. I'm use to it now. I have been marked as a witch, (I like witches) devil worshiper, "not God like" lost my religion, wizard, hippie ,and my favorite ...as I prepare to meditate, my husband will tell my granddaughter , get away from her, she's about to stir up the universe lol.But, the more you get comfortable in your skin you will see, it's not about them or their thoughts. We work at a higher vibration then they do so there is no way they can possibly understand us or how we feel or the work that we do. They have no idea what we have shielded and protected them from or their feelings that we have to share along with them, everyday. That's why I only have a small circle of family and friends.
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I reread your post again and would like to add that being an Empath is not a sin or a crime. I think it's like a blessing or gift. even though we have a lot of bad days. People are afraid of what they don't understand. And if the truth was told, they would want to experience it also.
jessvet03
@jessvet03
last year
11 posts
Thanks
last year
159 posts

I agree with Rene it takes the comfort of yourself within your own skin to be able to deal with the responses from who you decide to tell

My `self discovery` would have been great to have been able to express why I could no longer work with a certain individual - To have been able to say - I am an empath and am absorbing this person - He is making me both mentally and physically ill would have been brilliant - Of course this would have made me look `unstable` and somewhat `kooky`

To be given the opportunity to explain what an empath is, how it works etc is hard - If you want to tell someone then it is best that, that someone is with an open mind and who will not mock until you get a full grip on it all yourself - I have, at present, not really felt the need to express myself empathically anywhere but, here because I find that I need fully understand myself first :)

Your question - Would it hurt you, telling someone and making them promise they would not tell but, then they do to someone you do not want to know?

I guess the betrayal of the person having promised but ignored would hurt - The person who you did not want knowing (obviously for a reason) may mock?

There is no `bad vibe` if that is what you mean? Not unless you get stressed or really upset about it all - truly though there is no need - Again, as Rene says - It is not about others thoughts - What goes on in your head is all that matters - People will think what they think regardless, when you allow what they think to take up your thoughts is when it serves no purpose

A lot of people are ignorant to a lot of things - That does not make them bad, just unknowing is all :)

Tundra2
@tundra2
last year
57 posts

Jessvet, Yes it would hurt me. I agree with both Rene and karma. I would like to talk about being an empath but I feel people, at least the people I know, would not be open minded to listen and understand. That is what is so wonderful about being in this group, a place to talk and share.

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

I cannot really answer tat question, as I would not tell anyone to not tell anyone (anymore). Maybe I had learned to stand up for who and what I am, when I came out as gay (years before my spiritual coming out) . Realizing that I am an empath was just another facet of my being that I became aware of. That said it took me years to be firm in my diagnosis that I am an empath. Being an empath goes against so many other spiritual teachings - which usually tell you that you have to take responsibility for all your emotions, and that they are all self-generated. As such I observed my feelings and thoughts for years, before I was firm in my diagnosis of being clairsentient (the term empath I only found later on). It is all in a book now I have written too, so there is no way to 'hide' it anymore.

So I do not know your life circumstances, there might be reasons why you do not want to be 'open' about your abilities (heck, I would not run around screaming I am gay in a homophobe country either), but it does sometimes also pay to have a closer look at the reasons why we do not openly admit to all facets of our being - and get rid of any unnecessary potential shame...

Love and Light!

Tonyvancity
@tonyvancity
last year
29 posts

hmmmm....a few thoughts on this: I told one close friend and he was mostly neutral, not really discussing it further or agreeing/disagreeing. So with that friend i just let the topic die out and did not persue it further . Online, thru 3 different facebook friends (2 ive known since grade 4 (40 year ago) and the third person went to highschool with me but we never knew each other) went much different. The first two female friends actually responded by telling me they themselves are empaths! So we discussed thru FB chat are experiences and similarities and concluded we are indeed empaths. The third female mostly ignored my conversation about me being an empath. She never knew me at all, only that we went to the same high school and that we just recently chat thru facebook about life, but have never met in person. A little while ago she said to me ''I think i might to be an empath''.....but as i do not really know her and it has only been facebook text chatting/phone call texts (no in person interaction ) i will give it time to meet in person and i will know if for real she is or not. For the most part, my answer here would be that majority of people will think we are a flake or a bit of a weirdo/nutcase if you confide in them we are empaths....the only ones who will respond positively are those with an open mind or empaths themselves. Be braVE and speak to somebody you think you can confide in....just realize you may not get a positive response but that is OK, you will not die from it...dont make it a bigger deal then needed.

DemiPanda
@demipanda
last year
69 posts
I feel bad for this, but it's a strange feeling I have. I have alot of friends that I hold dear and care about, but I have a strange feeling that I would rather disconnect with many of them upon leaving high school. I somehow don't feel bad for this thought. It could be because I've done what I need to to help them and I know that they will be fine without me. Could it be just because I've taken too many people very close to me at once? Is it natural? I also know from my life of reading and understanding humanity they do not except differences well. I haven't told anyone but a few people what I am, most have either brushed it off or don't really understand. One thinks it's amazing lol But I haven't told him the full-extent of my being. Just that I have a deeper connection then most. I am trying to open it up gradually. So as not to overwhelm. And yes I'd be hurt, if someone were to do that I'd be locked up for sure. I'd be trapped.
jessvet03
@jessvet03
last year
11 posts

So let me tell you guys this.. sometimes i dont know i am en empath.. i mean i do feel drained with certain people but some poeple just expect me to be some kind of mind reader or seomthing like that.... I would like to know if there is any specific way of knowing? i mean i have ALL the traits and when i do empath energy cleansing i feel new again, so i do pick up peoples stuff but i cant really identify right then and there... it also doesnt happen with eveyrone.. with some people its easier then with others... is this normal? what is this linked to ? thanks guys

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book