College students

To post a reply, login or signup

jessvet03
@jessvet03
last year
11 posts
So does anyone go to college and doesn't seem to be able to concentrate even though you are extremely intelligent?
updated by @jessvet03: 01/24/17 10:38:30PM
Aiden
@aiden
last year
32 posts

I graduated 3 years ago and my time in College certainly wasn't the easiest. I didn't know i was an empath back then but I knew that i had a hard time focusing on one thing for long periods of time. Sitting down to read was nearly impossible. I could read 50 pages but by the time i closed the book, i had no idea what i had read. I didn't realize that during my reading, I was thinking about a million other different things. In class, any slight sound from outside or movement by another student made me turn my head. Lecture classes were especially difficult. I could sit there and stare at the professor speaking but instead of listening to what was being said, I would thinking about what the professors life outside of the classroom was like. If they were married, had kids, the things they do when no one is around etc. In my last year, I ended up taking a child psych class and we touched on ADHD. I always associated this disorder with individuals who were just super hyper all the time and wasn't aware about the "inattentive" version. As we discussed the traits of inattentive ADHD, i was amazed at how perfectly it described me . I picked up a book called Driven to Distraction which also had many scenarios that fit my experiences and ended up seeing a psychiatrist who never officially diagnosed me ( he said it was a long process). He gave me a rx for Adderall. The meds certainly helped as i was able to sit in one place for hours at a time which had never happened before. I also got all A's for the first time and concentrating in class was easier. I participated more than ever as well. I stopped taking the meds when i graduated and dont really feel the need to be on them any longer. I seem to be able to concentrate normally at work for the most part. I believe meditation may have helped with this as well. I do still wonder if i really do have ADHD or if it was just me being an empath. From what i have read so far, individuals who have ADHD or are empathic, tend to have some similar experiences or reactions to stimuli.

jessvet03
@jessvet03
last year
11 posts
Thanks for your reply! That's exactly what happens to me hhahaahha i should try the Adderall thing. Thanks!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book