We are both empaths, and she's pregnant...what a mess...

To post a reply, login or signup

Jed Johnson
@jed-johnson
last year
3 posts

My fiance is 7 months pregnant. Throughout her pregnancy, I have gotten your standard sympathy pains. But I have noticed that many times, when she starts having some sort of pregnancy symptoms, that they disappear from her and I will pick them up completely. For example, when she doesn't get enough sleep time, the majority of the time she will be exhausted until I get home from work, then suddenly she will be wide awake and I will go from wide awake to exhausted. Or when she is nauseaus, I will get the nausea after a little time passes and she will feel completely better.

It seems as though, with us both being empaths, that she is completely passing her energy on to me and recovering quicker, while I'm taking all the hits.

Is this common among pregnant empath couples?

updated by @jed-johnson: 01/11/17 08:42:22PM
last year
159 posts

Hi Jed

I can only imagine it would be common if both with empathic traits :)

Have you tried any protection methods? Not to block yourself so much as to need the energy to get up and go to work.

Jed Johnson
@jed-johnson
last year
3 posts

No, I haven't. But we also only sleep in the same bed about 3 hours a night, so I can't really figure out why she's absorbing all my energy from ME sleeping. Mind you, she's also still sleeping 10+ hours a day.

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Lolololol. Yes, this is common. My sister was the same way. We are both empaths. It was pure chaos when I went in labor. Such great memories. . Just be glad the pregnancy is almost over. Just pray she don't have it natural. I don't know if it's possible to protect yourself against the symptoms because you have a piece of yourself in her belly. Good news though, you will not die from it. Just think of it as premature parenting. And, more than likely, you not dealing with two empaths emotions and feelings, but three.
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
If she is the love of your life, you would feel her miles away.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book