transparent, feeling like a mirror??

To post a reply, login or signup

h1234
@h1234
last year
49 posts

Ive been receiving healing, spiritual, lots of prayer to remove traumas ptsd etc, however, since becoming more awakened in the last two months, people are finding me to poor their hearts out. my feelings of peoples energies are so ridiculously strong that i only stand at a bar to say the word i want two coffees and the bar lady spills out her guts to me in ten minutes. I'm noticing, i feel smaller around people, shrinking into my identity, but providing a mirror for others issues, the more i work on my inner self, the more the energy vampires are sucking me. my parents are getting worse, they dump all their crap, she said, he said. my dad says I'm a waste of space, as he doesn't understand my spiritual path, I've been ill for years, and suffering from adrenal issues depression and anxiety for over 2o yrs. Since being aware I'm an empath, I'm learning grounding, but after 3 days having family celebrations, I'm drained, taking on everyone's pain, sadness, how can i put boundaries in place?

updated by @h1234: 01/10/17 07:56:29AM
Lastars
@lastars
last year
96 posts
I can relate to what you are expressing.Setting boundaries is personal and a learning curve to understanding what you need.Accepting that your needs are different and not minimizing that is a first step. Once you can step away from shame, the judgment of others, etc then it is much easier to keep your boundaries, enforce them.There are Bach Flower Essences that can assist.I received great relief from autopathy (autopathy.com) and I can share a shortcut which is inexpensive and not time consuming if you wish, just send a private message. It will be helpful in all aspects of your Life.
Twanihatha
@twanihatha
last year
2 posts

Lastars, Hello. I am also at the point in life where I am exactly at the place "transparent, feeling like a mirror", is at. I would like to ask if you can assist me also. After experiences, sometimes it takes two or three days of sleep (feels like depression) to feel somewhat human again.Thank you!!

Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

That sounds SO MUCH like me. Even standing in the line at the grocery store, people stop what they are doing and tell me everything personal about their life. Everything you said is so much like my experience. I'm also healing from PTSD and anxiety and adrenal issues and all that good stuff. Your dad sounds like a piece of work to talk to you that way. My dad is the same. He hates my spiritual path, too, but I think he sees how much happier and healthier I am and that is threatening to him. You might be having the same thing. They need you to stay sick and damaged so they can treat you like you are broken and put down your path and all that, when really, you are the strong one.

I just read a book that helped me a lot to stop shrinking myself and to set better boundaries with people. I'll always probably have a tough time with that, but I"m better than I've ever been about it by a lot since I learned some of the techniques in the book. I believe it's called Become the Most Important Person in the Room. That title I think is jarring and grating for us empaths, but really, that's what we should be in our lives.

Even with those techniques, I don't know what I'll do when I have to be around my family again. I think I might just have to stop going to our every three years family reunions because my dad is so poison and my mom doesn't do anything about it. I don't want to be around it anymore. You and I don't owe it to anyone to show up so they can abuse us. Good luck to you and to all the others here who can relate. You are very much not alone. Hugs!

h1234
@h1234
last year
49 posts

Thanks all, Im a bit teary actually after reading your replies, Lascars- sent message thanks x

Sarah- I've always been the one 'different' in my family, I've always got the blame for everything growing up. Glad i'm not alone. I am just feeling so dreadfully unmotivated to do anything, fatigued and weary. Im finding it hard to keep to any kind of schedule.

My dad and I used to be really close, (not sure if similar to you), but we were always together, as he and mum never communicated, she is more interested in food and drink. I was in a co-dependent relationship and he always even now pours his problems on me. I think now I'm living alone, he sees I'm getting stronger and he wants to break me down, as you say, he might be scared to his 'little girl' grow up or is it that he needs to be controlling. He always has told me what to do, always thinks I'm lazy because I'm not like my sister. The arguments are vicious, i dread being with the family, there is always an atmosphere. Anyway that's enough moaning!! HUGS !!:)

h1234
@h1234
last year
49 posts

Thank God for this wonderful website and you lovely people hugs xx

Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

That sounds just terrible. I'm so sorry. That no will to do anything and lost motivation is what happens in extreme cases of being around a psychic vampire. They literally suck the life force out of you and leave you sick and exhausted and disconnected from yourself. I think you are exactly right that now he sees you living alone he sees you getting stronger and wants to break you down. :(

I hope you can get him out of your life. You only deserve people that respect you and honor you and your path, so you can get rid of the ptsd and the health problems caused by the abuse. No one can do the work to get you healthy but you, but if you weren't capable of strength and independence and vibrant health, you wouldn't be the target of negative people trying to sponge off your strong energy and keep you down so they can feed off you. I hope you have some good help to free you from your dad and mirror kinds of relationships that might pop up until you are free of those patterns.

At least here you can know that a lot of people understand personally what you are going through. You don't have to stay a victim or stuck or dependent. You can get healthy and move on from those patterns. You already have it in you.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book