Are you deeply affected around Athiests?

To post a reply, login or signup

annalee23luv
@annalee23luv
last year
33 posts
I seem to pick up on these deeply depressing and fearful feelings of hopelessness and I have come to the conclusion that these feelings belong to Athiests.The feeling that there is no God and when we die, we cease to exist. I know these are NOT my feelings. I was wondering if anyone else has this happen.
updated by @annalee23luv: 02/07/17 04:51:57PM
Crownite
@crownite
last year
107 posts

Uhhh No. Not necessarily. Maybe that idea just doesn't jive with yours and everyone is entitled to their own opinion and explanation of the world. But I've found some athiests to be far more spiritual and aware than others, even christians. I think many Atheists LEAVE Christianity and other religions and become atheists due to the disillusionment they experience with religion and religious institutions and its inability to explain much of life's stories. There's also spiritual atheists, people who don't believe in God but who believe there is something else. I even think some very religious people can be bleak and hopeless too, not leaving any room for growth. So..nah. I can find some peace with even them.

annalee23luv
@annalee23luv
last year
33 posts
Well Crownite, I'm not talking about spiritual Athiests, my mistake if I mistook someone who has a sense of hopelessness, no God, no hope, nothing after they die. Believes in nothing at all. Who wouldn't mistake that person as Athiest? And the reason as to why that person feels this way is irrelevant.My point was that I feel that all around me where I live and wondered who else did. Obviously I need to learn better shielding techniques.
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

yeah, I think to have picked up some of those before, often they won't be in the forefront of all their emotions though. Also other spirituality related emotions, like feeling forsaken, or like the Divine is not strong enough to help, etc....

SInce I channel everything negative or confused that comes to me into the Light, I am glad when such energies get cleared off the planet :)

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I have to say that the Athiest that I have met did not give me any kind of bad vib. Some of which is believed to be Athiest due to not relating themself to a religion. I do not claim a religion but it's not due to the higher power or the Devine because for me, they are real but due to mans control over the churches and not the Devine (my opinion) I refuse to bow down to a man that takes the word of God and twisted it around to control people. Now, I have felt what you are feeling around people that deals with darkness such as Satanism or other groups and some people confuse the two. When I was young, I confused the two. I also thought Wiccans were bad but I do not get bad vibs from them either. Just the ones who play in the dark. I can pick them out of a crowd. I don't think the low vibrations comes from the name "Athiest " but from the individual. I have know some satanist that I got along with fine as long as we have a muture respect for each other's spirituality because I am of the light. They say I'm "refreshing " whatever that means. Lol. I would ground, protect, and shield if others confusing feeling are bring you down. We are love. And love is our light. Never deviate from it
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Please forgive my phones spelling.
Crownite
@crownite
last year
107 posts

lol Didn't mean to offend. But like someone earlier said, this is the case for many people all over. People are suffering and many are yearning for something that they can't quite figure out. There's a deep hunger in many people and there are quite a few depressed individuals out there. I first took note when I was 12 but it's all around us sad to say. Few people are actually living from their heart and doing the things that could restore faith in themselves and in humanity.

seanw4202
@seanw4202
last year
54 posts

I myself, am very intuitive, right 90% of the time about anything, I never have to think to hard. I also see energy, auras some people call it, more like heat waves coming off objects, with a dark (yet colorless) hue to it, hard to explain how I interpret these signals, but i know they are there. Also, I'm a living breathing lie detector... always have been, cant watch tv, or the news, makes me feel sick to my stomach to see what millions of people are blinded by, im very empathic to everyone and feel personally about helping them more then myself... also I study science, all fields, and everything is connected, through sacred geometry and mathematics (which is nothing more than our system of measurement) I DO BELIEVE there is "more".....but to use "GOD" as the answer is very naive.

I consider myself an atheist simply because i believe the universe is alive, full of living energy, the same energy we can tap...

I do not need a god to explain this phenomenon of existence, because out of nothing comes everything... The answer is out there and it is not a divine creator

If everything comes from nothing where did "god" come from? People need to re-program the idea of god, to the idea that all matter exists simply because it cannot "not exist"

So what you may think is coming from someone who's an atheist, has NOTHING to do with their naive man-made man-taught thwarted understanding (rather they DO or DO NOT believe in any particular religion or god)

These people are simply lost.... as we all are before we understand OUR OWN purpose, whatever it may be good or evil, balance comes to the universe, because the balance is what holds everything in form.

Take these moments to close your personal feelings, ideas, and thoughts, and understand why its necessary for that person to be so empty, for how could you be so full otherwise, and what can you do to help them see the light, not what can you argue with, not where they are wrong, simply because you think your right.... but what do THEY NEED individually, you cannot explain to a blind person what the color red looks like, but you can tell them what it means.... give them an idea, give them a sliver of something more, lay the foundation that only they can build upon, because only through your own construct can you truly understand whats at the apex.

everyone views and experiences life in their own unique point of view, how do you know that what you perceive as red, i don't perceive as blue, after all its just energy, and like a book with no ending its open to interpretation.

Empaths are confused, the world isn't right.... stop blocking and start understanding, find peace within yourself so others can follow your example... you are much bigger than yourself, embrace it.

I apologize if i sound rude, or ignorant, but whether you agree or not, it might be the first "bad idea" to help you understand something more down the road.

there is no such thing as a bad idea or stupid question... just a lack of experience

Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

Not at all. If anything, I tend to get bad energy from highly religious people. Not all the time of course and not from all religious people either, but most of the atheists I know talk about having a connection to all things and humanity and to fully embrace their lives since they aren't living for some kind of eternal reward or validation or single set of beliefs they think is the only true way. Some of the highly religious people I know are the opposite. They think they have all the answers and everyone who doesn't see things their way is wrong and must be sad and lost. I find that kind of thinking extremely annoying and off-putting. I'm sure there are self-righteous people in any line of belief or non-belief, but compared to many of the religious people I know, the antsiest people I know tend to be more open minded, tend to inhabit their lives more fully and tend to embrace mystery and possibility easier.

annalee23luv
@annalee23luv
last year
33 posts
It's probably the town I live in. Very small, not a lot of work. Kinda depressing.
Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

That could totally be it. I'm sorry you live in a town like that. It must be really hard for you as an empath.

Ecila
@ecila
last year
898 posts

I can say that a total lack of belief leaves a person at the end of life to be pretty gloomy. I'm living with an 86 year old who likes to talk about the impossibility of God. He has the questions nagging him but he can find no other solution than "there is nothing." He reads lots of scientific literature as well on physics and the origins of the universe looking for answers. He does emit a lot of negativity but I think it is just him in general and his aspergers, not the atheism, but maybe that is one part of his hopeless black hole vibe. It took me 3 years to get a grip on being around him (as many of you here know). He sees the end is near and can only believe that there will be nothing after...and it frightens him, I know. I've tried to convince him there is something universal but he isn't buying it. At 86 he has his mind made up.

Jung had a lot to say on spirituality and well-being that might shed more light on this topic.

I don't think the common atheist is inherently negative, tho. I used to be one.

Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

You know, what Ecila said made me wonder if that negativity around atheists you feel might be described in James Fowler's Stages of Faith. He was a psychologist who created a model of spiritual development that might describe what you are sensing in others. All are healthy stages to go through none are good or bad, they are all rungs on a ladder, but sometimes a person can get stuck in one of the stages and choose to not move on. It is extremely rare for someone to get all the way to stage six, so most of us have a stopping place somewhere in there, but stopping is different than getting stuck.

The first two stages in a nut shell are believing what you are told and taking religious stories and myths literally. The third is when I think it starts to get interesting. It's when, around your early teens, you adopt an all encompassing faith system (you usually don't know you are in a spiritual box), and develop a more personal relationship with diety. Your judgement comes from outside yourself, like your sacred texts, church leaders, bishops, priests, popes and prophets, and community is a big part of belief. It's actually a pretty lovely place to be and most people don't move past stage three. Most western religions, but not all, are stage three faiths, so they fit nicely when most people stay at stage three. I would describe this stage as cozy. You are in the right church. You have all the answers and are grateful for that certainty. You have a supportive community and a god who speaks to you personally through leaders and texts.

Occasionally someone goes to stage four. It's the hardest of all six stages. You suddenly realize you were worshiping in a box and that your view has been extremely limited. You suddenly start dismantling all your beliefs. Your locust of control switches from on outside source to an inner one. It's a stage full of anger and rage and anguish and confusion and also of possibility and fast expansion and the excitement of new knowledge never before considered. It is a time of being sometimes overly reliant on science and proof and there is little room for mystery or the unknown. Often people become athiests in this stage if they stay here. When I went through this, it felt like I feel off a cliff. It was the hardest thing I'd ever been through, but also intellectually stimulating and exciting and explosively expanding, and I consider my time this stage one of the great treasures of my life.

At the same time, I have a lot of friends who went through this, too, years before I did, and they stayed in this stage and didn't move on to stage five which is a new appreciation of the limits of logic and an embracing of the mysteries and paradoxes of being. It's a time when a person can see the universal connection and the great whole ,and may return to the sacred stories, but this time not in a certain religion or strict set of beliefs. I wonder if what you sense in atheists is people being stuck in stage four. That energy can feel really rigid and angry and confused at times to be around. A lot of us empaths are probably naturally able to go to stages five and six (stage six is very rare. It is living a life in full service of others--like Jesus or other spiritual and social leaders) because of our set of gifts.

Maybe when you say atheists, you mean the ones that are stuck in stage four and have chosen to stay there for decades instead of using it as a stepping stone to greater understanding. They stay in the dismantling and never go to rebuilding. Some stages are fine stopping places, like stage three or stage five, but stage four, in my opinion, is a hard place to stop. It seems more a step on the journey than a destination, in my opinion. I'm no psychologist, and I've never heard anyone say this, this is my own opinion about it, but it seems that if you get stuck in that particular stage, it feels like it might be more likely than others to result in negative, closed off spiritual thinking. I could be mistaken, though. So many of us empaths are naturally spiritual and naturally embrace the unknown (even when we ourselves go through stage four) because we have spiritual gifts that are a part of our daily lives. When an empath goes through stage four, they might not only dismantle their old beliefs, but embrace new ways of being spiritual. My spiritual gifts burst open when I went through stage four, so I never was atheist, but nearly everyone else I know who went through that is.

I just wonder if being in stage four and refusing to move past it because you are clinging to logic as the only avenue to truth is what you are sensing. That could for sure feel how you described being around atheists.

Bookworm
@bookworm
last year
85 posts
That was a really interesting and thoughtful response! I enjoyed reading it :)
Ecila
@ecila
last year
898 posts

That was very interesting Sarah. I feel sorry for my dad. I is literally unable to believe in anything. I wish he could so at least death wouldn't seem so scary for him...if nothing else.

Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope it was helpful.

I'm sorry your dad, Ecila is stuck. That must feel awful to him. I wonder why he chooses that, especially when his daughter has so many gifts that would point to more to this universe than five senses.

Ecila
@ecila
last year
898 posts

Thanks Sarah. He can only believe what he sees and is very stubborn

Jed Johnson
@jed-johnson
last year
3 posts

Being an spiritualist myself, and a former atheist (who still does not believe there is a god, but believes in spirits), I have those feelings on occasion from other people. I can personally say that my empathy became stronger as I got older, strayed from Christianity, lost my religion, and found myself loving the spirits of nature as I would love myself. Dunno where I'm going with this...good luck.

Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

His loss. What a sad way to live. :(

last year
159 posts

In respect I very much doubt Atheists are projecting fearful hopelessness and depression upon you - Anger and frustration maybe? To combnie this with your belief system a lot of mixed emotions can and will surface. Nothing wrong in that - Its a learning curve is all - Empathy being a tool to overcome conflicts all the while an ego runs rampant on either side :) (believe me I fight mine daily)

An Atheist does not have feelings of hopelessness so much as believe once you die you die so live life to the fullest it is the only one you have got so enjoy it. However like any ego if the boundary of belief is pushed upon the anger flares

It could be said that the devout religious are more conflictive regarding death - Many are very judgmental and brutal in believing we are all going to end up in hell for not following a very ugly concept of worship me or be doomed in torment forever :) very few practice what they preach.

The Atheist, in respect, opposes `this` more than they do the ceasing to exist ideal - thus the war begins between the two - neither really listen because they believe what they believe and as you say `conclusion` if you reach a conclusion - it takes more than a heated debate to respect the other sides view

The Religious (or believer in a higher being) and Atheistic fight (that is the negative energy as opposed to the belief system itself) This does not always have to be physically and verbally projected - Vibes fly regardless

Too much energy is focused upon demanding belief systems of a physical mindset and toxic energies come from this - anger, frustration, hate, venom....... (on both sides)

I do not believe in a God so much as I believe the universe is a consciousness that quite literally thought itself into existence - It is the creator of itself and the everything there is (Good and Bad)

- Our consciousness being a fraction of that same consciousness - we are particles of the whole - ceasing to exist is impossible yet, being stuck with a physical form we cannot see beyond what is around us - nothing other than possibility anyway - when the mind stretches possibility ... We are en route to breaking free from any concept that we have been introduced to in our lives as to idealize what the anything is - That includes a belief system of what God is or is not and what is beyond death :)

I am battered by both sides for my beliefs :)

You dont say why you believe Atheists are affecting you and why so convinced to conclude - you have pluralised so are you surrounded by a few people not sharing your beliefs?

You say these feelings are not yours - It is very hard to distinguish at times, it took me almost a year to discover many a feeling, thought, emotion I was experiencing was someone else - if they are definitely not yours? (because I cannot of course know) - then break them down `I feel hopeless because?` I am fearful because?..... These are the questions that you need ask yourself in meditative silence - It will offer an insight to where the thoughts and feelings are actually coming from - You may well realize they come from a very different source - I wish you luck and would love to hear how you get on :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book