Thoughts on sensing versus stealing energy?

To post a reply, login or signup

Snap
@snap
last year
103 posts

Hi,

I've only realised I was an empath since I joined this forum. And I got some funny comments. I'm a classic empath, it seems.

Now I'm working most on knowing when energy is mine versus someone else's. As I look around and learn I often come the notion of stealing energy from others.

I struggle a bit with this idea based on experience. If I can sense someone's energy there is obviously some kind of 'transfer' going on. Mostly I don't want to sense others' energy as the anxious/fearful/controlling energies are most intrusive to me. Experience seems to indicate there is just a general flow of energy, more from some people than others, and I'd go as far as to say that "my energy" is really more energy of the universe focused around me and flowing through in patterns (chakras and fields).

With more subtle energy and energy flow, I try to focus inward and outward to sense the energy from other people (and objects, especially crystals and orgonite).

So I'm really interested in what people think about stealing energy and if you think this really happens, what distinguishes sensing/feeling energy from stealing energy?

Also, what's going on with psychic attack? This seems kind of the opposite thing to me, where another human being imposes certain energy and/or thoughts and/or images etc. on another person.

Thanks in advance.

updated by @snap: 01/15/17 09:15:07AM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I have experienced a psychic attack before. It started while I was meditating and it also jeopardized the closing of my house. It wasn't fun. It was a a person living next to me.Now I don't know anything about stealing energy . I don't know if that's something that's acceptable or not. What does it feel like when you steal someone's energy? How does it make you feel.
Snap
@snap
last year
103 posts

So have I. I don't know what it feels like to steal energy. This site attempts to explain what it feels like to have it stolenhttp://www.drlwilson.com/articles/vampirism.htm in "how to tell if someone is trying to vamparize you".

Ecila
@ecila
last year
898 posts

The psychic vamps I've known steal energy but they don't do it on purpose. They are just anxious/nervous and they wear me down and I leave with the feeling of being physically drained. There have been times I think I have vamped people unintentionally when I was angry/stressed. I've heard of people who actually try to take energy but that is nuts to me..and mean.

Psychic attacks can be more subtle, unspoken words, but a negative energy flow that is so strong it is almost tangible. They can also be unintentional. I've experienced the unintentional ones...once in particular I became very ill.

Aiden
@aiden
last year
32 posts

i am very curious as to how you knew this was a psychic attack. Did you hear or see things? Or just felt something was happening?

Bigg Hoss
@bigg-hoss
last year
36 posts

In my experience it is very rare anyone steals without knowing it. In most cases where someone is stealing unawares of what they are doing but it is still happening on a subconscious level they just don't realize it. With that said as an empath 9 out of 10 times you will not steal so much as you will feel, process, and manifest in your own emotion and energy. Then you can choose to work it, cast it off or process or if you were malicious with INTENT and steal it. I have learned that actual energy manipulation and theft is a very conscious thing and done with FULL intent of doing so at least in my experience. When I was a teen before I learned to control it and before I knew what it was about I was a very lost soul. I knew I was sensitive to people feelings and thoughts and emotions and can read them but I felt their feelings too in turn feeling bad and taking on their emotions and energies. I began to learn how to control my environment (not in a good way though). I found out with my ability to project energy and WILLPOWER and INTENT I can have what I want when I want it many times. I learned that with my emotion+intent+willpower I could reach out, create an energy/emotion in others and then feed off it and get feeling better. Heck I even learned to get others to give me their stuff occasionally if they were easily influenced and had week willed. Kind of like charming them and adding a little will manipulation. Jedi Mind Trick so to speak. This was horrible and the lifestyle left me with a darkness I still am shedding off me today as I learn to live love and heal others and myself. This was a dark and bad time in my life and regret it deeply. What I can say though is that any "taking/stealing" was done with FUULLLL intent in doing so. It was terrible as I began to feed on dark emotions like depression and anger and hate as well as happiness. This started to leave a nasty taint on me on my insides on my spirit so to speak. I could not ever live like that again as it was very damaging as it was rewarding. The mental and emotional damage is does to ones mind set is equally bad as it is to the spirit. Shielding is great to practice or learn to use your force of will for good defense instead and to defend. Just remember that the will is a weapon for negativity as much as it is for defense and is a fine line between the 2. Psychic attacks and energy attacks from psychic vampires/malicious sensitives are VERY obvious when they occur usually. You will know who they are the moment you get in their proximity as most don't hide it or can't. The average person don't sense them usually so they have no need to hide. You will be a beacon to them and will feel the drain and stifling feeling from them. They can make you feel sick, confused, lethargic, head ache etc... Or just force will on you and try and control you via energy and mind by manipulating your will via theirs with emotions and thought suggestion. Now an actual psychic attack vs psychic vampirism can be different as well. Common tactics of psychic vampirism are seen in people who are centers of attention or very flirty or sociopathic or narcissistic. The generally incite an emotion by threats, statements, flirts, and even sex or outright violence. You will know because you will feel the genuine manipulation or drain on you when they get in to it. Now their are some out there who can via pure energy do a psychic attack. This is different than the "vampires" though. These people are way more advanced and can do it over greater distance with little to know direct interaction with you on a physical level. Heck sometimes they dont even have to be close to you. When they walk in the room they can just emit a oppressive force or darkness and stifle you and most likely will sense you instantly. They can incite confusion, fear etc... by eye sight and will/energy alone. Some can even do it across great distances by thought and meditation. Again this is just in my experiences and what I have learned. I am sure the range of things is much greater. Negative sensitive people have as many unique manifestations of their "gift" as we do on the opposite end of the spectrum and everywhere in between. I know the more in the "light" and loving strong mindset you are with practiced defense you are way less likely to be affected if at all aside from the general you feel it and know its around. Like with someone who says smart remarks shield/block and ignore them when possible they will leave you alone as it becomes draining to them to pursue you with no reward.

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
If you are referring to me, I was meditation and a devil like creature appeared doing terrible things and I was trying to look away but it wouldn't let me so I stopped the meditation. It really scared me. The next day , the house I was closing on , someone had somehow offered more money than I had and was all the sudden bring took out from under me. As I hung up the phone after talking to the realtor , I was in such sock and could not believe everything that was happening , I was holding my granddaughter and had started crying and I felt something coming toward me at a high rate of speed. It was a ball of energy of some kind and I I could feel it combing toward me and something made me put my hand out and front of my granddaughter and myself and I said "NO"! No your not! And I screamed at it. Everything got still and I contacted a healer on this site that told me who done it and it was all happening cause if this person and they wasn't playing in the light. He told me what to do and I don't know what he done if anything but it stopped. Two days later my realtor called me back and said the ones that had stoled the house out from under me could not get the money up for the house and it was mind. But, the creature that had invaded my meditation scared me so bad I was afraid to meditate for about a couple of weeks but I finally set down and meditated again and he or it never showed back up. (Thank you Trevor!). I do, from time to time get energies that try to invade my meditation but I am strong enough now that I tell them anything that isn't of the light is not welcomed here and I demand them to leave and I stay centered and they fade. Not saying it won't happen again but my protection is stronger now and I'm more aware of my surrounding in both state of conscience
Aiden
@aiden
last year
32 posts

That is truly terrifying. I'm glad you were able to get the house in the end. I've tried meditating but I don't think I do it correctly. Do you have a go to technique you usually do ?

Aiden
@aiden
last year
32 posts

Thank you for this! Very informative. It makes me think back to 2 days ago when I walked into the train and immediately felt hot and started to sweat. I felt so uneasy. I was perfectly fine before I entered. As i was sweating, I noticed an older woman to my left sitting down very poised who looked at me a few times. She had this grin on her face that rubbed me the wrong way. Wonder if this may have been an attack...

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book