Empaths at work

To post a reply, login or signup

Azahara A. Garcia
@azahara-a-garcia
last year
7 posts

Hi everyone

I hope you are well.

I can normally deal with being an empath in this crazy world but these days it feels as if Im going to lose my bearings, especially at work.

I have recently been promoted to an office manager role, which is incredibly demanding as people come to me for every little problem. It is a really good job, but people are so needythat I have started to withdraw and relate to colleagues only about work. If I give them anything personal, I fear theyll tear me apart and it feels so bad because I see them bonding together while I drift apart.

Since I got promoted, I have felt a lot of envy and negativity coming from some of my colleagues. I know this is normal, but being an empath you can imagine how this is affecting me emotionally.

Its a very positive environment overall, I have had much worse jobs in truly toxic companies. Yet I struggle to fully enjoy it because everyday I have to fend off someone trying to suck me dry.

I know I must set limits and assert myself, but I would also love to simply do my job and be left in peace.

Is anybody else finding it difficult to cope at work? What are your strategies?

Sending love and light to everyone.

xx

updated by @azahara-a-garcia: 01/09/17 07:13:59PM
Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
last year
216 posts

Hello,

Well, not only are you picking up from others, but you're also getting fear from yourself. Try some morning affirmations, those will help more than you think.

What I like to do is look through my crystals in the morning, and ask which ones wanna go with me that day, and then I slide them into my pocket. It helps a lot more than you think. And also, form a bubble of white light around you every single day, that will filter out the bad as it comes in, and transmutes it into good energy. Pray to your angels and ask them to protect you, as well as Archangel Michael, he does amazing healing energy.

Love and Light,

Kaitlyn x

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
Yes, if find it very difficult to cope at work...especially around negative people. I recently had to end a 16 yr employment due to the toxic environment there. Since my awakening I found that it was having an unhealthy effect on me, I would literally get physically ill from the vibes there. I find that I work best when alone and not having to deal with coworkers. Stay as grounded and centered as you can...you may want to try meditating. Congrats on the promo....sounds like you at least have a positive atmosphere in general. After everyone gets used to the new dynamics it should get better.Shine on...
HeidiAnn
@heidiann
last year
3 posts
Work can be a big energy challenge.I try to remind myself frequently throughout the day . . . "Shields Up".Kind of like Star Trek.My "shields" are imagining that I am in a safe place behind my eyes observing. I am surrounded by sacred white light, feet grounded to the earth, surrounded by a large protective mirror bubble (so negative energy is reflected back to its owner).It took much practice, but when I remind myself , all these imageries are activated.Helps.
Azahara A. Garcia
@azahara-a-garcia
last year
7 posts

Thank you Kaitlin,

You are so right, I can work my negativity up by thinking of how certain people or situations affect me so I am now trying to become conscious of this to nip it in the bud before it escalates.

I am working with the morning affirmations, 15 min before the alarm goes off and it is really working wonders, thank you for sharing.

I am also working with my crystal jewellery to help me through the day, choosing the right crystal for each particular day. And also, the light visualisation is really working, as it is praying to the archangels.

For a long time, I have had a connexion with Uriel, even before I knew it was an archangel, when I was looking for guidance he appeared to me in a dream and has been great help since.

Thank you so much for all your help. I hope everything is going well for you.

Love and light back.

Azahara xx

Azahara A. Garcia
@azahara-a-garcia
last year
7 posts

Thank you Cat Whisperer,

I am a Cat Whisperer too. I love cats and have the strongest connection with them. :)

I have felt the same way, sick and anxious because of picking the toxic vibes between people at work and I feel that I work best on my own as well. I isolate myself as a defence mechanism, but have realised that I must find a way to work with the team and still set limits when needed. Not an easy task.

I am meditating daily, and using mediation techniques at work to detach from the environment when it feels overwhelming. Some days are worse and some are better.

I am trying to identify the positive in others as well, to try and see them at their best. Perhaps this will help shift the energy dynamics. I am convinced than empaths are energy shifters, that we transmute negativity just by being ourselves. Not an easy task but a very necessary one in this day and age.

Hope everything is going well for you, you too shine on and much love and light your way.

Azahara xx

Azahara A. Garcia
@azahara-a-garcia
last year
7 posts

Hi Heidi Ann

Thats a very useful technique, and I too try to perceive everything from a detached perspective, remind myself that I am not my body but the soul living and observing within and that also applies to others.

Never tried the mirror image, but will do. Sounds like a powerful way to refract negativity.

Hope everything is well with you.

Lots of love and light to you.

Azahara x

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
last year
216 posts

You are very welcome! It's my soul's goal to help :) Don't be worried about messaging me ever, okay?

Yay! Uriel is amazing! I am SO happy he's helping you, as well as everything else!!!

Yes crystals! Make sure you clean them regularly!

More love and light,

Kaitlyn xxx

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book