Do you find it difficult to feel your own emotions and rely on other people's?

To post a reply, login or signup

annalee23luv
@annalee23luv
last year
33 posts

I thought this would make a great discussion because I have learned, (be it good or bad), to block my own emotions. What I mean is I think I have become dependent upon other people's emotions because I fear my own. Subconsciously suppressing my emotions has made me rely heavily on my husband's emotional energy. I used to panic and get angry with him for falling asleep, and I could never figure out why I did this.

updated by @annalee23luv: 01/16/17 09:48:15AM
annalee23luv
@annalee23luv
last year
33 posts

I pressed the button prematurely, so I was going to elaborate on relying on my husband's energy. And now that I've been able to reread what was posted, I feel I should explain myself better. I think what I was trying to say is; I have been emotionally detached in a way that I have numbed my own feelings in an effort to deal with how very painful they've been. I'm sure we can all relate to how painful emotions are sometimes.

I learned to analyze myself and do that in hopes of not feeling emotions, but instead I would think them through and try making a decision based on my analysis. I hope I am making sense. Anyways, I wanted to know if anyone can relate to not feeling their emotions, but feeling everyone else's. This is how I can always tell the difference between my emotions and someone else's.

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
My motto is "a sleeping husband is a peaceful husband". Lol. Let him sleep. I love my alone time. I use to push my emotions deep inside. That was my way of dealing. If I didn't think about it then it would disappear , it doesn't. It's becomes like a thorn in your index finger, it gets calloused over and we think it doesn't hurt anymore, and sometime it doesn't but the thorn is still there and at some point has to be removed. When we listening (what empaths do best) to others problems problems and feeling their emotions, it gives us a break from our own and we get addicted to it. It's strange we give the best advice and are super problems solvers for everyone one else but can't confront our own problems. Sometimes we love a stranger more than we love ourself. And that drains our energy. My hidden thoughts and emotions use to lay dormant until something small would happen and I would react in a rage of anger or crying uncontrollably in the shower. But now, well...most of the time I cut cords of the things I can not control, things I've done that I can not change and the people that I cannot deal with. I have finally realized that I am not perfect and before I can help anyone else , I had to fix me. But there is those days that I have to go to my narcissist fathers house to check on him and I hate , hate, hate having to put myself though that but it has to be done even though when I leave , there will be a black cloud over me. But I ask the Angels to cut those cords as I'm walking to the car to leave.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book