Where do I start?

dmd
@dmd
2 years ago
6 posts

I've been labeled as "sensitive" all of my life. Recently, I have had my eyes opened to the fact that I am more than just sensitive. My entire life finally makes sense. Imean goose bump inducing,how-have-I-not-realized-this sense.I've spent countless hours reading anything I can find that will give me some insight on what it means to be an empath and how to work through the struggles that come along with it. I'm finding myself overwhelmed with information. Where do I start? What do I work on first?

updated by @dmd: 02/02/18 06:06:09AM
Rene''
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,195 posts
For myself, I started meditating and learned to ground, protect and center myself. If your already doing this then your off to a good start.
dmd
@dmd
2 years ago
6 posts

Excellent, thank you! Those are the areas I have been focusing on. I'm struggling with meditating and there seems to be so many different techniques for grounding and protecting myself but I suppose as with anything else, I need to start trying different things and figure out what works for me. Thanks for the input!

dmd
@dmd
2 years ago
6 posts

I will certainly give that a try. Thank you!

Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
760 posts
dmd, try using "Hemi-Sync" CDs. You can find them on the net. The most reliable source is The Monroe Institute in Virginia. They are what I use and are very helpful. The Monroe Institute also offers free downloads to MP3..that's how I got started with them.
Rene''
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,195 posts
I just looked Monroe hemi-sync up on you tube. Fixin to try it.
seanw4202
@seanw4202
2 years ago
54 posts
I too recently discovered myself this past week... I'm still just enjoying the calmness of my mind and it has been truly blissful. There's lots of training techniques you can read about online, however just knowing now will open your mind like never before simply knowing will allow you to fully immerse yourself, you will no longer ignore/brush off/miss the moments of intuition, energy, and ability, but it has been a curse for me my whole life, learn when you need to unload and cleanse as well and what makes you feel better, nature, water, sound etc...
Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
760 posts
Be sure to use headphones to get the proper effect ;) enjoy
dmd
@dmd
2 years ago
6 posts

Cant wait to try! Thanks!

dmd
@dmd
2 years ago
6 posts

You are very right. Simply becoming aware has brought me a lot of peace.

dmd
@dmd
2 years ago
6 posts

I'm sorry you are having a tough time. I can completely relate to feeling like you're drowning. So much emotion, good and bad, its a lot to take on and have to feel. I have suffered from crippling anxiety for many years and I imagine that was/is due to being bogged down with everyone's emotions because I wasunaware of howgreatly they affect me.

I have good moments, where I feel relieved that I now understand and can even gain a bit of control by really stopping to think if a particular emotion is mine or not (more often than not, they aren't mine!) but I have just as many overwhelming moments where I can't separate what is mine and what is not.

Fitting in is tough. I'm finding it even harder now that I understand what is going on. I'm thrilled to finally understand myself and I want to share with anyone who will listen! Unfortunately, to someone with no experience - this may be a little 'out there' and I've only talked about it with a couple of very good friends. They try to be supportive but its very clear to me that it is a bit much for them to swallow. I've had to quit sharing with them. It made me uncomfortable to watch their reactions after a bit which is what lead me here! (And you can tell by my long winded responses that I'm still very eager to talk about it!) ;)

I hope you are able to find some peace and thank you so much for the reminder that I am not alone. :)

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book