new member....hello.

To post a reply, login or signup

Tonyvancity
@tonyvancity
last year
29 posts
hi....i just joined here the other day. Very interesting site. A friend of mine suggested to me that i am an Empath. I was given a link to read, 30 Traits of an Empath. I read it and i discovered i was 29 out of 30 (one said ''dislikes eating meat ''....i am an omnivore.). When i read the 30 traits web link , my heart just about felt like it was gonna explode , like i was rediscovering myself, who i really am, who i always was, but had no name for it...no idea or clue that is what i am and that there are others like me, including two of my friends from childhood. One of the traits was this one ...''1. Knowing: Empaths just know stuff, without being told. Its a knowing that goes way beyond intuition or gut feelings, even though that is how many would describe the knowing. The more attuned they are the stronger this gift becomes.''. This first trait on the list fits me perfect. I just KNOW. ....thoughts, or rather, answers, come to me. It is like....messages/warnings/answers and more are ''whispered '' into my mind. Very often they can come to me in my sleep, in my dreams...but always during the day when i am awake and going about my daily life. These thoughts/messages always protect me in some way or show me the way out of a problem, they offer me solutions, advice, they keep me away from bad people, bad situations. The only time i do screw up and get into trouble is when i have too much on my mind, full of distractions...and i either dont hear the messages or choose to ignore them. Then something happens and i'm taught the lesson thru the hard way....experiencing what i was supposed to avoid in the first place. A few years ago, when i was age 40, i got very ill ( overwhelmed by stress...anxiety set in, insomnia...and many illnesses...it did a number on me). It took a year of suffering, and a year or more to heal and recover...if not a few years...but i became strong and healthy over time. When i started to feel better....the messages came back more clearer...and for some reason, i became very interested in seeing a Medium for the first time in my life. So i ended up seeing one medium, who lived only a block from my house!She had told me many deep personal things about my life that only i knew...i gave her no clues or hints about anything ...but she knew me...a complete stranger...she was the real deal...a real medium. Later on, i was introduced to another medium by a close friend. That medium also knew every little private detail about my life, from birth to the present day i went to go see her, and again, i was careful to not tell her Anything about me, to test her to see if she was real or a faker...and she too was a real medium with a gift. She said to me that what i always thought was my good intuition was not really my intuition, but the spirit world that was in contact with me from before i was born. She told me it was two sprits, my guardian angels, who were related to my parents. They were like my dad's aunts ...im a bit hazy to details but i did ask my parents if they knew these two people by their first names (i did not tell them why i needed to know if they recognized the names)...but my parents did know the two long ago relatives on my father's side....they were unusual names, not common names. What this medium told me is this : I am well protected, that my spirit guides were sent by God to assist me, to guide me, to help me, but that I myself was born and chosen and sent here to earth for a specific reason: To help others. My medium had said to me that is my purpose in life, to help others here on earth while i live out my human existance, to please God by doing so and when i finally die i return back to heavan, as there is a special place and job for me that awaits once my earth mission is over. That is what i believe all true Empaths are here on earth for....to carry out the work that God sent us here , which is to be kind and helpful to all our fellow human beings as best as we can. Thank you...i welcome all comments and questions on what i just posted . :)
updated by @tonyvancity: 01/17/17 05:15:52AM
PeaceOnEarth
@peaceonearth
last year
32 posts
Welcome! Have you ever looked up "light workers" because it seems like you might be one like I am.Love and Light,Madeline
Dice
@dice
last year
284 posts

:) Welcome

Tonyvancity
@tonyvancity
last year
29 posts

hello and thank you......well..i just googled this >>http://www.angeltherapy.com/blog/8-traits-lightworkers.....and i can relate to the 8 traits again. I am kind of going thru an awakening of sorts, rediscovering things about myself and reflecting on my past and where i have been, what i went thru. Many things are making more sense to me...but i still need to learn more. These last traits (the others too..) especially have meaning ..

6. Want to heal your own life as a first step in healing the world.

7. Feel compelled to write, teach, or counsel about your healing experiences.

8. Feel a sense of time urgency to fulfill your mission before you know that you are here for a higher purpose or even if you are unsure what it is or how to fulfill it. -- even as a child i would have dreams of helping others. But it wasnt for recognization or to be upheld as a great person or hero....they were just dreams that i was helping others in various ways. When i was young i would watch tv/movie super heros , cartoons and would always root for the hero. As a child (and now as an adult) i always have sympathies for the underdog in life or if im watching the news and a bad crimminal person gets caught by police and sent to prison, it brings me great happiness, but i also have sadness and visualize the pain and suffering of their victims when it is described in the newspapers. >>> 4. Have had mystical experiences, such as psychic premonitions or angelic encounters. <<<<.....this too i have experienced. Something is going on in my life and i am still a student searching for answers.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
Welcome to the EC Tonyvancity :)
Moonchild
@moonchild
last year
19 posts
Welcome! I too have had that same feeling when reading information like this...like I had rediscovered my true self :) I can totally understand how you felt. My whole life has been turned upside down by this rediscovering (in a beautiful way). And my outlook on life has done a 360. I love how you explained that the signs were whispered into your mind....that is a perfect way to describe it. You will love being able to turn to this community, I am pretty new myself and it has helped so much to know that I'm not alone as I hope it will help you :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book