how do identify sources of negative energy???

To post a reply, login or signup

Cindy
@cindy
last year
8 posts
I think that is what I am trying to ask? Here was today's situation that brought on this question...I was at work today, it was busy but not a bad day? About 5pm(most people are gone mind you) I got this overwhelming "feeling" like something was wrong? I did my calling around to check on close friends and my daughter-everybody was fine! But by the time I got to the car I was bawling??? I have not been able to stop most of the night? I can't put my finger on a reason or cause but I can't stop crying and that "feeling" will not go away??? It was like it happened all of the sudden??? I am a very new Empath and have not yet mastered protecting myself?Anybody have any words of wisdom or onsite??? I promise I am not crazy!!!
updated by @cindy: 01/15/17 12:03:05AM
Ember
@ember
last year
10 posts

Hi Cindy!

I think you can rest assured that no one on this site thinks you are crazy. Because I am positive that 99% of the people in the community have had that seem feeling. I know I have many times. The worst is when you are in the car trying to drive and you get slammed with an overwhelming feeling and you just start bawling.

Meditation is very good for this sort of thing. It can calm you down, make you feel at ease. Often meditation can also give you answers to where this negative energy came from. If you are not sure about meditation yet then at least find your self a shield of protection. It could be a prayer, a mantra, a visualization of a happy place. I Personally use stones and crystals as my protection. But you need to find something that will work for you. And it doesn't have to be big or take up much time. In the beginning of this gift of being an empath, shielding yourself and learning to protect yourself from others is very important.

I hope this has helped in some way.

Have a wonderful day!

Ember

firstoftwo
@firstoftwo
last year
2 posts

I have spontaneous days of crying. I find it is picking up negative or heightened emotions from people I pass on the street, things I have touched (used furniture or clothing) and spaces I have been in that are new and unfamiliar. Energy can imprint onto physical objects not just carry around in people's energy.

My guess is it might be a coworker that was carrying something around and you just caught a bit of it (being sensitive to these things). It is hard to be "on guard" all the time. Try envisioning light surrounding you or that your protected wearing gold armor. Putting a barrier between you and others can help.

There is nothing wrong with releasing energy by crying. Better out than in. Sometimes it is built up emotion about things are are dealing with and need to release.

When I was first starting my healing, I was crying at acupuncture uncontrollably, even at massage and at reiki. I felt so silly but I also felt so relieved it was out. My shaman was working with me distance healing, and i cried so much. I even had past life regression hypnosis done, and released a huge chunk of ancient trauma.

I hope this helps. You are not alone. :) And you are certainly not crazy.

I once tried medicating myself for depression and anxiety (regulating my emotions). I felt so empty and blah. It took away the bad, but is also took away the good. It made me realize how amazing having emotions was, despite the fact i was struggling with bad ones at the time. This is a gift. Caring, loving and being emotional is an amazing gift. Others will get on board with it one day. Embrace you, love you and your light will never be snuffed out. Your light will draw others with light in.

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Ok, first off, everything that ember said for sure You was picking up someone's feelings. Sometimes it's total strangers feelings and they can come from a long ways off. I have made all the panic calls to family and friends, like you did, a million times. You will also pick up on the physical pain at times. Your knee may start aching or a sudden stomach, they can also not belong to you. I have to say, a few months ago a young girl that I knew was around 4 months pregnant and the baby had died and she had to wait a couple of days to schedule the delivery. I seen her at a store and walked up to her and she was in tears , I told her how sorry I was and reached and touched her arm and her pain was so intense it come though me and went stright to my heart. I don't have heart problems but my chest started hurting and I had to leave the store. Her pain was mental but passed though me as physical pain. I also was sitting by my daughter in law when she found out the gender of her baby. She wanted a boy so bad and they told her it was a girl she was so upset and mad and I could feel what the baby was feeling and it was upset also. I know, sounds crazy don't it. The more you become aware of your feelings , you will learn to distinguish if they are your feels or not and sometimes know who's they belong to. Grounding is so important to me. After I learn to ground and protect myself I though I had lost my abilities because I didn't feel them as much. My abilities are here it's that I don't feel them as much learning to control them and only allow the ones in I can handle. The rest flows though me and does not stop.
Moonchild
@moonchild
last year
19 posts

Hi Cindy, WE do not think you are crazy lol, and I agree with Ember...we all go through this at one point or another or some of us experience this all of the time. It sounds like you definitely picked up anothers emotions...sometimes, this doesnt have to be someone close by. It can also be someone at a distance. It is hard to distinguish when this happens especially if it is from a distance or from someone you dont even know. As empaths, it is our "job" to filter the negative no matter where it comes from, so instead of trying to focus on where maybe focus on filtering and sending it off...this may help. I know that when it happens to me, and I cant grab a sense of where it came from (and it is not me), I just focus on filtering and releasing it.

pebble
@pebble
last year
21 posts

I am sorry you had to go through this: you are not alone. I often get this and find it very difficult, often finding the feelings last for days. sometimes I never find the source and just have to let it dissipate by itself (a bit like letting a stray cat find its own way home)

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
787 posts
HI. ..since you checked all the usual humans to try and find the source of the emotions you were receiving. ..the only other solution is that there was a spirit sending you the emotions....sounds like a very sad spirit...acknowledge them and tell them it's ok to feel sad...but don't overwhelm you....that you understand they're sad or upset...etc...sometimes that's the only other solution that makes sense...
Cindy
@cindy
last year
8 posts
Thank you! I survived last week and this one seems better so far? I am working on learning to protect myself. A friend, also HSP/empath, gave me two stones today. She said they would help shield and ground me. One is a snowflake obsidian and the other is a black tourmaline? Am I any where close to right with those names??? LolMy question is how do I use them? I was amazed at the amount of energy I felt when I held them in my hands! What do I do from here???Kind of a side note, when I first held them in my hands I had a flash back from when I was a kid. We lived in Colorado as as you may know all those tourist traps have rock shops, I LOVED just running my fingers thru the whole pile and I have always been slightly obsessed with rocks/stones/crystals.... Now it all makes so much since!!!
Cindy
@cindy
last year
8 posts
Thank you thank you thank you!!! You said something that really hit home! I have always known I was different but never what it was or why? I have known well in advance about the death of my dad-this is the first "knowing" I remember, my best friends mom, my partners sister and dad, my mom, and my son! In my deep depression I went thru in the midst of this period of my life(All deaths since 2001) I got so mad at God and I said whatever this is(meaning the feelings/knowings) take it away-I hate it, I don't want any part of it, and He did..... It was the most alone empty feeling in my life! I didn't feel??? I hated that feeling. I knew then that something was very different with me? Just now realizing what it is and what an incredible gift it is!!!
Cindy
@cindy
last year
8 posts
Thank you! I think I was picking up emotions from paperwork on a new patient I was working on(I am a nurse)very heart breaking story! I literally had to quickly finish that work so I could get rid of it!How do you control what you do and do not feel?
Cindy
@cindy
last year
8 posts
How do you filter which emotions you feel or not? I am always afraid if I protect myself or filter things that I will miss something God wants me to feel or know? I worry that God gave me this gift good and bad to let me help someone or be there or listen or warn??? What if I filter/protect and miss something I am supposed to do???
Cindy
@cindy
last year
8 posts
I think I kind of figured out where it came from? It was a combination of three different very very sad places/circumstances. But kind of like you said it wandered away like a cat??? This week is better so far!!! Thank you
Cindy
@cindy
last year
8 posts
Why would a spirit send me sad emotions? Is there something I should/can do with those???Along those lines I have just recently starting seeing spirits, they don't talk to me I don't hear anything but I am starting to see them? Have you experienced this?
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
787 posts
Yes..I hear spirit more than I see....and receiving emotions from a spirit is quite normal since emotions are energy...spirit interact with humans all the time...we just don't know to recognize those times....so any unknown emotions that I receive I now understand come from a non living source...for me it's quite normal and interesting....and I always feel quite honoured they wish to communicate with me....lol

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book