Guilt

To post a reply, login or signup

boubou
@boubou
last year
159 posts

Hello my dear friends

I have been dealing my entire life with narcissists...we all know how much empaths are drown to these dangerous creatures...my problem is I know now I have to stay away and I have to get rid of them from my life but every time I do so I always feel that guilt...I end up feeling sorry for them!Does this end somehow????

updated by @boubou: 03/13/17 04:19:04AM
boubou
@boubou
last year
159 posts

You are so right...but every single time guilt arises!To people who have treated us badly!This is so frustrating some times...

Bookworm
@bookworm
last year
85 posts
You shouldn't beat yourself up for feeling guilty, it's just another aspect of the caring person you are - recognise the feeling and that it is coming from a well meaning place but it serves no purpose. You can't help someone who isn't interested in being helped, so don't allow someone to treat you badly because you think they can be better. They have to choose to be better, and you don't deserve to be treated badly while they are trying to decide whether or not they want to be a better person. That might sound harsh but it's really not, we can't help people find their way if they don't want us to. So I guess what I'm saying is the feelings of guilt will probably not just go away, but if you focus on the fact that you are a good person who is happy to help others so long as they treat you with basic respect, it should help. Speaking from my own experience not trying to judge you in any way! Good luck :) keep going and I'm sure you will feel better in time xx
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Can relate.... I think it's because we can feel that they are the way they are because they have been mistreated, too. The best case scenario is probably to feel sorry for them! But if I do anything to hurt them (like they've most likely hurt me) I just feel guilty, even if it's just an accident.. :/

boubou
@boubou
last year
159 posts

Thank you so much!Your words are so correct...I will try to focus on better feelings!

boubou
@boubou
last year
159 posts

When I have to push away from my life one of them and believe me they have been a lot...I always feel that I havent done everything I could (though I always give people more than enough chances)...this constant need to help even those who dont want...

Tundra2
@tundra2
last year
57 posts

Hello boubou, I just saw your post and I can so relate to feeling guilty. My morning coffee and a dose of guilt. That is what gets me almost every day, I don't want to give up on someone. I wish I could say I have the answer. Currently, when the guilt starts I am asking myself what am I guilty of? If I am staying away from a person who I feel is negative and using me, then yes I am guilty of that. I will own that guilt and its ok. I have a right to decide who I feel I need to stay away from. I am not sure if I am wording this correctly but what I am trying to say is that my feelings are valid. If I feel I need to stay away from someone then there is a reason I feel that way and that reason comes from them. So guilty yes, for standing up for myself. Guilty for feeling I need to stay away from a person, no.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book