Conversation problems

To post a reply, login or signup

Tundra2
@tundra2
last year
57 posts

I weclome suggestions or advise on direction to go with is problem. I have this happen to me often and it leaves me feeling very sad. A person that I know who enjoys talking to me will ask "how are you?" If they give me a chance to reply I can say good and that is about all. Either they start talking or if I do start to talk I feel that they have no care to listen and want me to stop.

updated by @tundra2: 03/04/17 02:55:43PM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
787 posts
Lol...boy do I know how you feel...I had a friend just like that...I could only take small doses of her...then I just left it alone....when I do talk to her it's like she never stopped talking...and there was no interest in me at all it was all about her or gossip...I decided I had to cut that one out completely. ...it's sad I know...she just drained me of so much energy and left me frustrated.....I felt alone even in her company...
Tundra2
@tundra2
last year
57 posts

Thank you for the reply, it feels good to have someone who understands.

Tundra2
@tundra2
last year
57 posts

Thanks for the reply, yes draining that is what they do.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
787 posts
Try cutting the energy cord/link between you and her...and when you do talk to her sever that link immediately after...that should help settle your own energy down..
Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
last year
82 posts

This describes almost everyone I know! There are a rare few who are interested in me, and interested in a mutual conversation. I seem to attract or allow these other types - even after years of working on not getting into this situation.

To a degree, I don't mind it in small doses, as I don't really want to talk about my life etc, but it is really insulting at times - and these types are usually only bothering with me because they want to be calmed, or do a dump. An emotional/energy dump. And then I leave energetically disturbed as well as knowing I am 'beneath them' in their minds, in some weird way.

We do seem to be like candle flames for the more self-obsessed moths!

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Yes, I made a post on here one time. The tittle was "who takes care of the Empath". People tells me everything. Everythings I don't won't or need to know then they feel better and now I'm left with all their feelings as the skip happily on their way. I think we are shelters for them during their storms. And when the storm is over and the sun comes back out for them we are left with their storm damage. I meditate and stay grounded and try to protect myself Sometimes I can let their energy flow though me and out but sometimes it gets clogged inside and I have to cut cords.I feel like I am not important to anyone. Thank goodness for this forum. We can get it out and everyone here can usually relate.
Tundra2
@tundra2
last year
57 posts

Sorry to hear you say you feel unimportant, I feel that way too sometimes. I am important only when they need me.

Tundra2
@tundra2
last year
57 posts

Interesting choice of words, I use the phrase "beneath them in their minds" when I think about these people...WOW...

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book