Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
977 posts
Hi...I know exactly how you feel...i'm 48 and still not comfy with being around my mother...I grew up feeling i didn't fit in...I felt bullied...picked on...ignored until i did or said something wrong... up until a few years ago I carried the guilt, the certainly, that I was the one causing the problem. That I was over reacting...then I started noticing she treated others this way...from her siblings...my dad...and so on. Even while married I lived In fear of her...her sharp tongue...feelings of inadequacy that came from her bullying...whenever she came over I was so on edge as to what she would say...what fault she would find...it was really hard for me. Then one day a few years back...I had enough...and I let her have it...not to her face because she would never let me defend myself...but thru a text...I told her exactly how I felt...it was quite a long one. .lol...but straight to the point...once I pushed the send button...the dark fear,hurt,anger.. all of it that's stored in the body came unraveled. ..it was quite shocking at how much of it and where it was stored came up and out...and it was quite painful...but felt so good...once I learned about cutting energy cords...hers was the very 1st to go...I felt no guilt...no remorse...and the voices that I heard coming from that cord was VERY profound. ..once it was gone her crap was gone...I could no longer hear her...and it felt soooo good...I live on my own...which helps me manage contact with her..I still talk to her..go to dinner,etc...but I cut that cord everytime after...my mom is unhappy...and only she can fix herself. It's hard standing up to a parent...but you gotta do what you gotta do...and your doing good...
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
977 posts
Does she treat your siblings the same way?...or just you?...some parents can't accept their kids leaving home....empty nest syndrome. ..if your the last to leave she may be trying to hold on to you that much tighter...there are reasonss for my own mom's behavior...it all just comes out in a negative way...instead of bringing us closer it drives us apart and I never understood that...one thing I would have found helpful while living at home if I'd known about it is to smudge my room....if you can't smudge steeping some sage...sweetgrass and ceder in some water....in a spray bottle...and giving your room a spray...and possibly the entire house would clear the air of anything negative sticking to your house ...and to yourself...spray round the doors...both entrances...and see what happens....

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book