Help on how we react to Crushing on people

To post a reply, login or signup

LoconnorO
@loconnoro
last year
151 posts

Hello, I don't know if this is even a thing for most Empaths, but I heavily rely on how a person feels to form any sort of judgment or to decide how close I want to be to them. I've never dated someone because I have to feel something from them and this year I found someone who just feels "different" and really really REALLY good to be around, I love this person's energy so much and I felt like this person had feelings for me too, but I was never sure. Yesterday this persons "vibe" towards me completely changed (even though they act exactly the same towards me) and I lost any possible feeling of them liking me, even though I subtly gave this person clues that I liked them in that way, but they only would have caught on if I they liked me back... and now that I feel like I've lost this person who I've never had any sort of feeling like this before with, I'm really upset. I can't get rid of this constant feeling of anxiety and I'm feeling more than my own emotions at this point a lot more easily, and I'm really picking up on other people's negative feelings more, even though I'm not becoming negative. The only way I know how to describe it is like we somehow linked and now that link is gone and I have these loose threads catching literally everyone else. I guess I learned how to deal with being an empath while still kinda locked up or something because I'm feeling everyone else more now and at this point it's causing issues because I can't calm myself and my mind down enough to meditate or try to relax and release at all. I don't know what to do... any hints/pointers/suggestions?? I'm open to just about anything right now...

updated by @loconnoro: 05/11/17 02:28:03AM
Butterfly77
@butterfly77
last year
2 posts
Emotions can be tricky for me too. I also pick up others thoughts, feelings etc. So much so I cannot separate mine from their own. Our energy sometimes can be daunting on a person. But you'll never know if you don't ask. Ask the person out for coffee get to know them. Closed mouths don't get fed. Don't be put off by a changed vibe. They may just be having a bad day. Ask them if they're alright. But if their energy is really putting you off I'd walk away.
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
last year
151 posts

Well I've been around them on a bad day and that vibe seemed stronger and I was able to help this person, but now it's just gone, completely... and it's really complimented, people would get hurt if we were to date or anything, that's why I haven't made a move...

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

Sorry to hear!

I started being friends with this guy recently. He seemed really nice. The gay culture in London is quite tough, it is quite the meat market. Which is fine, but it is hard to make friends. Most guys are just chasing tail :) So I was pleasantly surprised when this guy actually talked to me, and put a lot of effort in to initially meet up, not being impatient etc. I was not sure, if I was sexually attracted to him, so I did no make any advances yet, but I would have been happy to have him as a friend (and who knows what might have grown out of that....). I initially asked my guides if he is a narcissist, and got a positive answer back. Since I am a pretty unreliable psychic though, and he did not show any tell tale signs, I did not take it as 100% true. We had four TV dates, very relaxed, just had nice chats, watched TV, had some food, etc. Now since I initiated most of them (after the initial one), I stopped initiating again, as I wanted to see if he would try to organize another meet himself. Nothing yet. Which is fine really, BUT what was really weird is that I got all those painful 'break-up' energies shortly after our last meet. Now I am quite level headed, it would have been nice to have another friend, but I was not in love or anything. I then went ahead and cut cords (and there was a surprising amount of them, and not all healthy looking). It all makes me think that he might be a narcissist after all. He was just more subtle about it than most other narcissists I have met so far, but all those break-up drama energies were quite typical narcissist. I.e. I am thinking now that perhaps I saved myself quite a bit more drama, which might have evolved if we had stayed friends, or even gotten romantically involved....

I am not saying that your friend is necessarily a narcissist, but so far the people I have met and which I feel most comfortable around are either fellow empaths, or narcissists (well, for them it is initially only, but it can be quite striking how they can 'feel' so calm and lovely initially).

So maybe have a look for cords and cut any unhealthy connections you find, and see what that does to the dynamic between you two....

Love and Light!

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
It may be you need to sever your own energy link to this person from him...his energy link has fallen away from you on it's own...so you've lost his connection to you...but I think your still connected to his energy...that's why your jittery....light some white sage too....if you have ceder put some in with the sage...that usually helps calm things down...
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
last year
151 posts

Okay I emailed Dahabomabou@hotmail.com... I don't email total strangers so I'm a little out of my element here so you might have to bare with me if I seem awkward haha

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Hello, sorry your going though this. I see you had written that you couldn't calm yourself to meditate. I've been there.Cutting cords seems to help me but sometimes we are afraid to cut our cords because we feel we won't ever feel that's persons love again. And yes, it's hard to let go. Love is addicting. It feels so good at times then sometimes it tears our heart out. Especially when it feels one sided. It's so hard I know. I feel your hanging on so tightly. But, sometime hanging onto that cord it like hanging onto a rope that is slipping out of your hands. It will blister your soul just like a rope blister your hands. People think of cutting cords is just for bad energies but sometimes we have to let go of good energy also . I sometimes dwell on pass memories and they engulf my spirit. I have to cut those also because I can't live in the pass. I hope you kind a way to heal from this. Just one of many hard lessons we deal with. Sometimes we love too deeply, if that's possible.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book