Don't feel worthy

To post a reply, login or signup

WindWolf
@windwolf
last year
117 posts
I not understand this. I know that people feel comfortable around us and without knowing why will tell us their life's story or some deep secret. They feel we can be trusted or just that we understand. Has anyone else had the problem where you tell someone you love them and they say they aren't worthy of it. Not just romantic love, friendly love. Then they become distant always busy. You begun to hurt because you know they they are worthy, it's not like we are above others, then the pain turns to anger and you begin to believe that they aren't worth you time or love. Is it just the pain and loneliness talking? Why does everyone tell me I'm great then say I'm too good a guy? This is who I genuinely am. I'm not too good for anyone, so why don't I have anyone I can open up to and just be me with?
updated by @windwolf: 05/23/17 02:08:41PM
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
last year
273 posts

Hi Chris,

The challenge here is distinguishing between the emotions that are truly yours and the emotions that you are picking up from the people (especially the one particular person) you are focusing on.

The biggest challenge that we have as empaths is taking on others' emotions and then thinking that those emotions are our own.

"You begun to hurt because ..." they are hurting themselves!

Does this help?

Trevor

WindWolf
@windwolf
last year
117 posts
How can people think they aren't worthy of love from someone like me? It doesn't make sense to me. I'm just an empath, I'm not above them.
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
last year
273 posts

I know that, you know that, but there any many people walking around convinced that they are not worthy of love from anyone ... however kind hearted the people around them are.

hana
@hana
last year
49 posts

I feel I'm in the same boat..
I told my guy that (romantic kind) 4 months into the relationship, and he seems a bit more distant than usual, and I'm starting to feel pretty bad as a result. Which then turns into anger sometimes.

Kinda just floundering around a bit at the moment.

WindWolf
@windwolf
last year
117 posts
I don't get it, real love should bring people together. Why do they feel unworthy of it from us?
hana
@hana
last year
49 posts

I think it's because it brings out their insecurities and instead of balling up and rising to the "challenge", they run off.

It's even worse when they feel like you're out of their league or have low self esteem.

At least that has been my experience with some people.

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

I am going to throw in another perspective here (and since I do not know you, I cannot say yours will be for the same reasons!).

I used to get that answer a few times in my 20s. Looking back now I understand why. It was usually in the context of romantic entanglements. Back then I was a hopeless romantic, any new guy I met and liked, I straight away (in my head) got married to, bought a house, a dog, maybe adopted some kids etc. If anything that must have created a really suffocating energy. I put those guys in a relationship cage without giving either of us any decent time to get to know each other, learn about each other's faults, desires etc. I know I am not the only one doing this, and it is basically the reason why I would pretty much not date anyone in their early 20s now. Guys in their early 20s often fall in love really quickly, and then if it does not work out, one is left with having to 'break their heart'.

Someone telling you that you love them - romantically or platonic - can convey the feeling of responsibility. You are now responsible for living up to that love, and if that love is not unconditional, you are responsible for not disappointing that love! And not many people are able to truly love unconditionally.... And many people do not have all that much energy, after using so much on just keeping a roof over their heads, to have to be really careful not to hurt someone's feelings.... Add to that that many people have hidden guilt that makes it hard fro them to even accept unconditional love....

Also some people are not too good with words. I heard somewhere that there is three types of people - those who love words (you tell them you love them), those who love deeds (you show them you love them), and those who love touch (you touch them to show your love). I am definitely the second one, as I have had too many people tell me nice things, but not be able to actually follow through in deeds. To me deeds count more.

So being am unconditionally loving being on this planet can be tough. One can be rejected many times for various reasons. But if we keep on channeling positive energies in, and help remove negative energies - things change over time. I have had many lonely years since I became spiritual, but things are improving. As empaths we have to built our lives like a house, with bricks of love. And most places the ground is unstable, so we'll have to drill deep foundations into the ground first, to be able to built in the first place. All that takes time and patience. But we are not alone ever, we can always call on spiritual, divine solace and company....

If you are not already, perhaps mingle more in spiritual communities. E.g. empath groups, meditation groups, shamans, yoga etc. Meetup.com is a fab website for that. Even in those groups it might take some patience and time, but people should be more sensitive already, have access to more energy etc....

And always remember - non-spiritual people are often even more lonely than spiritual people. They might look together from the outside. It looks like they have a great live, many friends etc. But often the connections in their lives are very shallow. There is so many games and masks. If I ever become envious or jealous, I look at their feelings and motivations. Usually they are the ones that end up looking lonely and empty, so I send them loads of healing....

Love and Light!

WindWolf
@windwolf
last year
117 posts
How can they not feel worthy of someone that loves them unconditionally? Troubled past or not no human is unworthy of love. It doesn't make sense how someone could be unworthy of love from someone like me. If part of our purpose is to spread love and light how can they feel unworthy? And why does it have to hurt? With one person in particular it feels like the guilt of her past is dragging her down, I throw out a lifeline and she backs away from it. She doesn't feel worthy of being loved so she doesn't want me to save her. She doesn't feel worthy of anything anymore. I don't want her to hurt again, I would give her the last of my light and face every demon in hell, if only she could see what she's worth and smile
WindWolf
@windwolf
last year
117 posts
Leagues shouldn't matter when it come to love, unconditional love at that.
WindWolf
@windwolf
last year
117 posts
I don't understand how I'm supposed to feel about it. Was it supposed to make me feel superior? How? If anything this gift we have shows us that we are all equal. What could have hurt someone so much that they don't feel worthy of love
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

Truly loving someone unconditionally means too though that we allow them to find their own path! To accept help, ours or otherwise, or to battle by themselves. Sometimes the greatest thing we can do to help - is to let them be! It is a free will system after all. It is gets easier, I find, when remembering that life is eternal. Sure it is hard to see people we care for suffer, but all suffering is finite, and our life time, compared to eternity is very brief. All beings find back to the love that is ALL, and that they ARE eventually. If they screw up life with the current body, there is countless opportunities of having happy lives with other bodies...

Your love might be unconditional, but with most humans putting conditions on their love, it is understandable that people might take their time in vetting if anyone's offer of help is truly unconditional. And if they do not currently have the time and energy to vet, they might feel it is safer to reject than to accept some potentially tainted help....

Love and Light!

WindWolf
@windwolf
last year
117 posts
I just wish it didn't hurt so much
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

If you don;t already - lot's of grounding, and channel any pain left into the Light/ ask your helpers/ guides/ protectors to take it off you (and help you understand any potentially necessary lessons).

Love and Light!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book