How do other people's emotions effect you?

To post a reply, login or signup

LoconnorO
@loconnoro
last year
151 posts

Hello, I wanted to ask other empaths about how they feel other people's emotions or how they react when they feel or experience other people's emotions. I know that for sadness from other people I will start feeling sad and get the knot in my throat like I'm about to cry, even though I'm not actually sad. With anger (and I think this is because I really try not to get angry and I don't let myself hate people) I cringe feeling the emotion... and I can immediately tell that it doesn't belong to me and I usually get really bad anxiety and I start to feel claustrophobic and squeezed.. But happiness is really weird for me. i'm usually a very outgoing and happy person, sometimes a little bit too happy, but when I get around people who are happy, it feels natural to me to be extremely happy. Like after I leave a conversation with an extremely happy person, I'll go back to a normal happy state and sometimes even feel drained from the whole thing... it's weird but I love it tho...

Now I do have some other things about feeling other peoples emotions... I feel like I feel other peoples hate towards me. Like if someone for some reason dislikes me, i literally feel tension between us, or I'll feel this almost like a hot pressure sensation from their direction (I don't know if thats normal). I've also noticed I know when people crush on me too tho... i've never been wrong before but I think I finally found someone who could be "the one" and I'm terrified that I'm wrong about the feelings from this person so I definitlye want to ask other Empaths if they can feel other people crushing on them.. also, is it possible for us to feel people looking at you, like REALLY looking at you... like when you stare at someone because you like them or you're forming some sort of judgement about them..? because I swear I can feel people staring at me, but I never want to look to see if they actually are staring at me... i've always thought i saw them looking in my direction at least when I get the feeling, but I've never actually looked to see if the person is staring at me... i don't know... anyways if you guys can just leave what you feel with other people's emotions or how you react to other people's emotions and we can have a discussion maybe about different feelings we experience around different people feeling different things... I think it would help us all maybe?

updated by @loconnoro: 09/13/17 06:04:49AM
Misty73
@misty73
last year
3 posts

Hello,

I find a lot of what you say you are experiencing has happened to me. Especially the part about feeling peoples "dislike" for you. The people I tend to have strained relationships with are outwardly..... emotionally closed off people. I can sense their walls and I sense dank heavy, icy air between us....almost like and energy vortex..lol

I think it is important to protect yourself from others energy once you know that you are sensitive to there presence. You can find a way to do it by experimenting. I have a family member I can keep at bay when I insist on talking only about her and her travels. She will constantly try to change the conversation to negative things

just tread carefully and put yourself first x

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I relate to everything your feeling and remember, always trust your instinct. I have met strong resistance from my instinct before about a person but give them the benefit of a doubt anyway because the did not show the vibs I was picking up on at first but usually, in time, they show their true colors to me or to someone else while I'm watching.I agree with Misty73. Grounding and protection is a mental life saver.But...I do love experiencing the good vibrations of others. Tears of joy, uncontrolled laughter, acts of kindness from strangers, a baby's giggle. You get my point.
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
last year
151 posts

I can definitely relate to the heavy, icy feeling, but I get it around people who I have a conversation with who don't really care about me not in a bad way, just I'm not their ideal person to talk to or something... But yeah thank you, it's crazy that you gave me this advice today and for some reason almost everyone I know was extremely negative and just dumping things on me, and I was literally reading this comment earlier as someone was just explaining how horrible of a day that they were having, I thought the timing was just crazy hahaha. Thank you for the advice I will definitely be using it later on.

LoconnorO
@loconnoro
last year
151 posts

I struggle with grounding myself, especially since I'm still new to the whole thing... it was crazy because I was going through really bad depression and then found out I was an Empath, and Everything kinda clicked for me. Literally a few weeks ago was the first time I really sat down and began feeling myself and it was just so healing and empowering. And yes my favorite thing about all of this is I can be around people talking about something i don't even know anything about, but feeling their excitement and passion for it makes it seem like I've been through all of it too and it's just so beautiful to me. Thank you for your comment!

hana
@hana
last year
45 posts

I swear, everything you have described sounds like me to a tee.

I do feel people crushing on me as well as looking at me. The crushing feeling is more of a flattering, powerful feeling, and the other feeling, I feel invaded and uncomfortable. Like someone was playing with my dog without my permission or just came into my bathroom and used it without asking. Lol

But idk, I feel so similar with those feelings like exactly haha

hana
@hana
last year
45 posts

Oh yeah the gut feeling thing is exactly right. Like, just because they seem nice after you have been acquainted with them doesn't mean a thing.

LoconnorO
@loconnoro
last year
151 posts

I had no clue how to put those feeling into words and you just did it for me that's exactly how I feel with those haha thank you lol. I feel like once I put a feeling into words I can identify it better sense it more often so that really helped haha

Denise Manning
@denise-manning
last year
4 posts
In so many ways/ degrees. Since recently learning I'm an Empath, I've felt extreme heartache- stab to the chest feeling. Sadness- I wanted to scratch myself because I had my sadness and the feeling from a friend and coworker. I had to purge myself of that because I didn't want to go on feeling that way. I did it through church. I was freed by God and the pastor. I could be myself again. I am looking into buying a crystal to keep these negative emotions at bay.But LOVE, OMG!!I have a Empathic sibling and have always felt very connected to him. We know each other's moods and how we're feeling. I've felt love from him numerous times when I've hugged him or he kissed my cheek. Now I'm finding I'm very connected to his 2 daughters and my other brothers children. Hearing my infant nieces cooing or crying puts me in a daze and my heart is full. My chest overflows with so much happiness. I haven't seen or heard them in a month and I'm deeply affected. I miss my nieces and nephew so much. This is the blessing of being an Empath. I think they're Enpaths too since I can pick up so much from them.
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
last year
151 posts

Do we feel each other more? It would probably make sense since we are so open and in a way in other people's auroras all the time (we can't help it lol sorry world). That would be interesting to know because there are some people who I feel much more strongly than others... I think I'm going to ask those people now, I mean the worst thing they can say is "nope I don't feel other people" and I probably wont have to go as far as to tell them I'm an Empath unless they say yes lol. Thank you for your comment! I'm happy to hear you comment to begin with, but it made me think about somethings I've never thought about before and I really appreciate that!

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
308 posts
Yes! You nailed it to a T, and I can relate. The staring can sometimes make me uncomfortable. Or if the person dislikes me it's like this thick mist, thick like pea soup. Or when someone is so stressed or suffering from something awful its like supermans cape trailing behind them, and if I'm in it I feel like my equilibrium is off and I have to get out of it. But the happy people, I love them. To me it's tgat feeling everyone should feel this way :)As for "the one" I think you met him too. This is probably feelings you never felt before. And it is, it hits way deep into your soul.
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
last year
151 posts

good grief it didn't send it all I'm sorry about that... I meant to say "I'm glad to hear that you like this post, i just noticed that people never explain how they feel about things on videos and websites, like the sensation they get..."

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book