Shadows / Dark beings in dreams and "groping insides" type of feeling

To post a reply, login or signup

Jonathan
@jonathan
last year
18 posts

Hey,

I rarely see nightmares I believe nothing can hurt me, that I'm safe. But there are times when there are these certain kind of nightmares that often continue for the whole of night, leaving me feel tired in the morning. Since the 'myself' in the dreamworld isn't quite as confident or 'fire in the hole!' -type but rather innocent and easily afraid, I may wake my heart racing with lingering fear. The thing about these dreams is that they're very vivid and real-life and seem to take the place in seemingly ordinary and everyday environment (with a slight twists and changes to the environment).

On last night for example, I remember the most clearly dreaming of brushing my teeth in the restroom, having locked the door. At some point, I could just watch as someone unlocked the door from the other side and opened the door. I remember a man standing there, his face blurry in dark clothes. I forced myself to wake when he approached me (I remember the most realistic, absolutely terrible feeling, as if something was groping my insides). The same theme of dream repeated for the whole of night. Everything in dream would be placed in my home (or houses I've lived in), and I'd feel afraid. A single shadow-being would then appear out of nowhere and "attack me", and the "groping my insides" of feeling would follow.

These kind of nightmares are just bizarre. Because they don't follow any specific outline. Sometimes these beings are just formless shadows, sometimes figures of a man (black), last night once it looked like human, sometimes in form of a black cat, perhaps even a dog. Seemingly normal and ordinary dream would suddenly become the most horrifying horror-movie, the next thing I know, the dream has gained "dark vibes" all over it and I realize that somewhere there's something lurking in the fray, and I try to get away but the 'groping insides' type of feeling follows.

I'd like to know whether anyone else has experienced anything like this?

Any thoughts on what may cause these or what to do about them? If it were happening in waking life, I'd force them out with my willpower alone, but when sleeping, I'm left vulnerable.

updated by @jonathan: 01/10/17 09:44:52AM
Dice
@dice
last year
284 posts
Jonathan
@jonathan
last year
18 posts

I've thought of making a dreamcatcher or something similar (with the intent of protecting my dreams andwilling it to do so). These dreams that involve those shadow-like beings or phenomena are just so bizarre that I don't know what to think or what to make of it. Words can't describe how nasty, how defiling, how horrible that feeling as if someone's groping my insides is, being able to do nothing but cower in fear until I wake up. Sometimes the dreams occur on multiple night in the row, often lasting for an entire night and repeating around the theme. Sometimes it's just once in a month. And I gradually forget having them, just knowing I've had them earlier.

Thanks for your reply though.

- Jonathan

Dianne
@dianne
last year
6 posts
I have had a series of dreams that seem similar. I walked into the kitchen of a friend, and was swept up, paralyzed, into a vortex of absolute evil. In another dream, there was a young man, wearing a hoodie. He smiled at me. He should not have been where he was. He looked so normal. It felt so wrong. He appeared in two more dreams. This was before the Boston Marathon.
Dianne
@dianne
last year
6 posts
Sorry, help me understand what you mean. "Groping inside" does not help define. I was a nurse for 30 years. I am not easily shocked. And I am an empathic and caring person.
Jonathan
@jonathan
last year
18 posts

When I notice these... shadow-beings, and they attack (I'm using the word 'attack' because I don't know what else it'd be, they feel hostile), I literally feel like something's reaching inside of me through my chest/stomach and groping around. That feeling itself feels so horrible and defiling that it can't very well be described. They're always colorless (pitch black), and either formless or in form (I remember once a black cat, perhaps once it was a dog, and I remember a faceless human-silhouette a few nights ago).

The one with the black cat, I sought and managed to befriend it (but whether it was the same dream isn't clear, but for the rest of the night nothing attacked me in the dream). I seem to somewhat think that it could be a foreign element (a creature or a being that's not bound to the physical world, which perhaps feeds on fear). But well, who knows. We see and experience only so little of this whole world...

Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts
I have had these types of dreams from time to time. Less now. During my waking hours I used to tell my subconscious that if it happens again to wake me up. This didn't really solve the problem it just got me out of the dream and usually I could not go back to sleep without falling back into it so I'd just get up. Then I started telling my subconscious to actively remind myself to not fear but to act out of curiosity and explore what was there or give myself permission to change the dream to the content of my choice. I rarely ever get these dreams any more, and when I do I feel the fear creeping and I feel the switch and it always recedes or turns into something else. I think it is either an energy leach or our internal fears coming to light. It's interesting to me that the black cat had something to do with repelling an attack which could be your subconscious bringing something in at a point when you were sensory overloaded or maybe to divert your attention and wake you up. Our minds are amazing things and we can't chalk it all up to the spiritual and things we can't control we have to investigate with an open mind and confidence of character.
Billy Jo
@billy-jo
last year
14 posts

Hi Jonathan

I hope you don't mind me barging in boots and all, but I really feel that I need to tell you this... the nightmare shadow creatures and the clawing and groping at your insides are all of the hurts and disappointments that you have shoved away in the depths of your soul since you were a child. They have grown strong and angry because you hid them away, even from yourself.. they needed to be acknowledged and let go, and only you can do that. If you try to keep them locked away, the nightmares are only the beginning of what you will suffer .. they will make you sick and weak, physically and spiritually. and then they will escape anyway. Better to do now what you know, as an empath, that you need to do. Get grounded and centred, and give yourself permission to let go of all the pain, the guilt, the disappointment and despair. Once they are gone, you will be able to feel peace, for the first time in your life. ..... I know, because I had to do it myself.

xxx

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book