How important is your diet

To post a reply, login or signup

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I reading an article on tips to activate the third eye. I know diet is important to be healthy and I am one of the worlds worst but does it really make that big of difference as far as advancing in our abalities. I know what the "studies" say but who here lives by a diet to activate your abalities and does it help
updated by @rene: 02/12/17 06:04:51PM
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

Cannot say that I live by a diet for my abilities. Have cut down on sugar (but that is mainly vanity and long term health concerns), and been going from little meat, to pescatarian, to mostly vegetarian, and have started to phase out milk products too. Not sure why, but somehow having the urge and not fighting it... As for articles claiming that our pineal glands are calcified and you need a special diet - don't think there is much basis to them. Nothing I ever ate seemed to numb my empath abilities, there just seem to be foods that might make more susceptible to get negative vibes (like drinking alcohol at times (but not always)).

Ragnar
@ragnar
last year
16 posts
Well, the industrial medical system in place in the western world says nutrition plays a tiny part in health and well being. But if looked at logically, diet certainly does play a part in developing physical and mental abilities. Personally I feel that empathic abilities have to be affected by our diets. I don't believe any one regimen, or diet will work for everyone. Just like medication. What might work for me, might not work for you. I'm fairly sure foods are the same way.
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I have to reply to you because Ragnar Lodbrok is my hero every Thursday night, well..was...waiting on the second half of the season of Vikings. I can honestly say that is the only program I have ever been addicted to. Lol. Sorry. I got carried away by your name. Lol.
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I have a few friends that are Vegans and one, which is a diabetic , actually controls his blood sugar level now without medication . I have gave it serious thought and being an animal empath it should be a no brainier not to eat meat but no amount of veggies can fill that need in my body for meat , or so I think. And a cold glass of milk... I guess I'm not determained enough. I think food does make somewhat a difference. I guess my question is does hood enhance your abilities. I was born with my abilities so I know my diet doesn't stop them but I question myself , if I eat a certain diet , will there be more clarity . I guess it's up to the individual.
hana
@hana
last year
49 posts

Diet is HUGE for me.

But I have a lot of food intolerances so that maybe the reason.

I stay away from refined sugars and stuff in general and eat a lot of vegetables (mostly cruciferous veggies and squashes)

I have a salt tooth BAD and I have to make sure to load up on water.

Water WATER WAAATTERRRR I cannot stress it enough..

I havent had anything make my abilities go away, just better heightened or sensitive.

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts
You know what, i never thought about diet. And the past several months i noticed in me a changed person. I'm sure all the self work I did contributed, but I also dramatically changed my diet. My glucose levels were dropping to low and the dr ordered I change my diet b4 my pancreas shut down turning me to diabetic. I'm on high protein, good fats, very low carbs, and almost no sugar. I did a chakra reading to find out more of what is going on with me and why this was happening and my third chakra was really unbalanced it was clouding my intuition. Now that I have the diet down to a Tee, I feel amazing. My intuition is really good again, I'm having very vivid dreams again. Im getting back to staying away from toxic people, and more. It's all happening so fast I can't comprehend sometimes lol. If it is diet, I think it just enhanced everything as I had to do alot of work on me as well.
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
728 posts
TigerLily, funny thing, I am in the process of changing my diet due to pancreas issues too. I am omitting a lot of fatty meat which was causing a lot of problems. I need to cut out sugar but I have a huge sweet tooth so I am having trouble in that area. Trying to replace sugar with sweet fruits but it doesn't seem to curb my craving for candy and chocolate.
TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts
Sugar is so hard! I even had to cut out fruit, ugh. I waa consuming way too much sugar, but then again my third chakra was way out of balance. I'm a big believer in mind body healing. So, once I got my diet straight and worked on that chakra I feel like a million bucks. I notice on days where my confidence lacks or dress like a tomboy or a lil more negative the hypos come back. My intuition also feels jumbled up. So weird!!! Lol
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
728 posts
How long did you have your diet straight before you started feeling better?
Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts
I doubt very much that diet place a part in triggering or enhancing abilities. However when I don't eat right I have little energy and I'm more moody... seeing the link? I can't control my abilities without energy, the more I have the better I am at protecting my energy, where my mind wanders and my moods. I prefer to eat a somewhat paleo diet, I feel the best when I am eating good meat, veggies, fruit and fat... I stay away from carbs, grains and especially sugar.
TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts
It took me about 2 1/2 months.
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
728 posts
Thanks, last summer I was doing great with diet and felt good however, I was working around very heavy negative people for the last 3 1/2 months. I am so out of wack right now. The bad energy made me crave all the junk that is not good for you and I have paid the price. My pancreas acted up twice last week. Omg, the pain and misery! I am back on track now....except for the sugar. I think I'm addicted to it. No sugar = a very grouchy me. Gonna be a long 2 1/2 months.
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
last year
1,185 posts

CAT WHISPERER,

I was a total sugar addict and used to be unbearably grouchy and/or sad without sugar, but had to cut it out totally due to becoming pre -diabetic and wanting to stop it from going any further. I have two friends who are losing limbs, wrecking their kidneys, etc. with that, because they just can't discipline their eating, and the diabetic diet is really hard. I have too many other health problems already.

I had my blood neurotransmitter levels checked, since I suspected my craving for sugar was due to my depression. Sure enough, I had ZERO serotonin, which is very abnormal and also ruins your digestion. (I have to take an expensive drug to help me digest food). Low serotonin will cause a bad mood, even rage, anxiety and depression, and serious sleep problems too.

I did some research and found out that cashews are the one food that can raise your serotonin as much as sugar does. "One handful of cashews equals a dose of Prozac" is what I read. It is working for me, and I am losing weight slowly rather than gaining, despite how "fattening" we've always been told nuts are. Also, my lipid panel is normal for the first time in my life....my cholesterol dropped 81 points!

RENE -

Have you heard of the blood type diet? Many people believe if you have type O blood, you cannot be healthy without animal products. If you are type A like me, you do better as a vegetarian. Type B and AB are mixed, with milk being good only for type B. Look up Dr. D'Adamo for more info. There is actually some genetic science behind why it might make sense.....I am not sure how I feel about it.

NIGHTMISTRESS -

Cravings for salt often mean you have weak adrenal glands, which would make sense for us empaths and will make everyone much more sensitive and reactive to things. You can look up adrenal fatigue for more info on this. Also, adrenal fatigue is often accompanied by hypothyroidism, sometimes due to brain problems, not actual thyroid problems. IMO, adrenal fatigue is an epidemic among women now days, since we are now expected to cram about 72 hrs. worth of activity into each 24 hr. period and look good while doing it (rolls eyes).

(I studied Naturopathy for 2 1/2 yrs. until I found out it was illegal for me to practice in my state, which is how I know some of this stuff.

Changing our diets is HARD and it really made my birthday hard to celebrate, with a salad and not even one slice of cake, boo hoo. I wish you all the best in your efforts.

Cheshire Cat

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
728 posts
Thanks, CC. I have always had serotonin deficiency, I currently take depression meds (smaller doses now :) Was off them but had to go back on a couple of months ago. The problem with nuts are it is one of the things that sets my pancreas off. I am currently resting it by eating only fruits, veggies only a bite or two of meat a day. Whole grain cereal.....frosted mini wheats and kool aide. Not much on water drinking either.....my bad. Now since typing this...no wonder I've been off. Seeing it in writing puts a whole new spin on it.
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
last year
1,185 posts

Hi Cat Whisperer,

I had to have my gallbladder removed finally. I hope you won't have to, since 40% of people have complications, something they never tell you. I have bile reflux now, which is quite dangerous. I could not eat the cashews without my digestive enzyme medication either, nor anything else for that matter! I assume you've tried gallbladder cleanses with olive oil and lemon juice. They helped me at first, but I'd been a very low fat eater all my life until I changed my diet and my gallbladder could not handle such a drastic change. I should have eased into it slowly. Hindsight is wonderful!

If you ever do get to where you can eat nuts again, I just want you to know that they work. I don't crave sugar anymore, except for homemade chocolate chip cookies, for some reason, lol. Even the smell of the sugared cereal my husband eats makes me want to gag, it smells so overly sweet now. Never thought I'd say that! I also had to add 1 gram of L-tryptophan at about 5 am each day to get the low serotonin induced depression under control, otherwise I'd still be crying when I got up every morning. You do NOT want to take that with anti-depressants though. It's dangerous, but if you ever get off them, it's a good substitute. 5HTP is even better for depression and low serotonin , but I can't take it, since I have high blood pressure. Nobody with heart problems should take 5HTp, but L-tryptophan is a lot milder.

I do see that it appears you are not getting much protein. Could you try some protein shake mix of your choice and maybe keep that down, since it would have little fat? Whey, pea and hemp are popular choices. I just looked at the label of my whey protein and it has zero fat.

I hate water too, but adding a little lemon juice makes it taste good and alkalinizes your system. The western diet is much too acidic. I also find ice water tastes better than regular temp water for some reason.

Since you do need fats to make hormones, for your brain to run (it's 60% fat), and for your skin, you might try coconut oil. It is easy to add to protein shakes, and most importantly, is the only fat that does NOT need to be digested. It goes right into your bloodstream. It also tastes great and it kills yeasts, which can also make you crave sugar, the sugar then feeds the yeasts, and it becomes a vicious circle.

Best,

C. Cat

I hope you feel better soon.

Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
last year
82 posts

I think diet can help with grounding - lots of water (always) to keep things flowing,and roots vegetables when ungrounded are helpful.

RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
last year
110 posts

No honey,dairy products,gluten free as much as possible,very little sugar but I need 2500-3000 calories a day so I have learned to be picky...diet helps me sleep better and longer....as you know some of us after a long day around people may need 9+ hours of sleep.

dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
last year
55 posts

It's your friend type 1 or 2? Insulin is a hormone that is necessary to the human body, and he could go into ketoacidosis without it (I have, it is not fun!) I'm type one, and my body makes no insulin at all. So just a little psa :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book