Views On LGBT+ In The Spiritual Community

To post a reply, login or signup

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
last year
216 posts

Hello everyone!

I am curious as to everyone's views on the LGBT+ community in our spiritual community.

I guess I will put my own views on the LGBT+, as well. Honestly, I really just can't care what others classify themselves as. If you're gay and I like you, then I like you and that's that. If you're transgender and you're friend material, then you are my friend, and that's that. For me, it doesn't have anything to do with the labels that people smack on themselves, it's just all about the soul and the heart. I ask myself, "What are they like inside?" And once I get that answer, I will then move forward with what I feel is right. Now, if someone is gay and I don't like their vibes, that doesn't have to do with the fact that they're gay, it's just them. I hope that makes any sense at all.

Though at times, I do feel like the LGBT+ community becomes a bit overridden with vibes so strong that I just can't handle. Like, I don't know, I feel like they sometimes get into these labels SO much that they forget that there is more to their being than slapping on, "I'm a lesbian," shirt or something. You know? Sure, this is something used to describe yourself, but don't get so into it that you forget you're MORE than that label.

But yes, I was just wondering this as I have come to terms with being pansexual, and I would love everyone's thoughts and views on the LGBT+ community. I am a very curious cat. Feel free to go all out in the replies, this is an open conversation! Don't hold back, everyone is allowed to have their thoughts presented.

updated by @kaitlyn-brokaw: 04/02/17 06:39:48PM
Justineelmo
@justineelmo
last year
3 posts
I agree with you totally, as a member of the LGBT community..
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Glad to see you back Kaitlyn, your spunky as ever. Lol. Hope your doing well. First of all, I'm stright. So it's pretty hard to relate to what gays/lesbians go though, I'm sure the criticism they face and try to over look is horrible. Maybe they are wanting to make themselves seen and heard because being stright is taken as a givin , people never double think it. But for some reason ,especially from where I'm from, people don't think everyone has a right to love and live like they personally choose. And then they start to quote the bible and judging. For myself, anyone's sexual preference means nothing to me. It doesn't matter who you love as long as you know love and love whole heartedly. I know what your saying though. I'm from the south and it seems no one can get over the civil war. I wished my forefathers had picked their own darn cotton. But they ride with confederate flags hanging off their trucks, trying to also make a statement. Just like every other group, wanting to be understood. I'm sorry that people are so hateful. I don't see any peace in the world. Too many judgements, not enough empathy. I try to spread love everyday but I'm only one person.
Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
last year
216 posts
I feel you there!! Wonderful words, I totally agree :)
Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
last year
216 posts
Yay!! Hi, haha :)
Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
last year
216 posts
You're amazing despite where you live, Rene!! Just because you're from the south doesn't mean anything at all :) you're a lovely soul.
Raven3
@raven3
last year
15 posts
My mom had best friends growing up that were gay. They were awesome. I still don't care. If you're gay, so what! As long as you're nice, I'm fine :)
Ragnar
@ragnar
last year
16 posts
I look at it the same way. I don't label people, its all about what kind of person they are. Back in the '90's I worked in restaurants, and there were many lgbt people I worked with. What I observed was a lot of them seemed to follow some pretty unhealthy lifestyle choices. By that I mean, many would go to bars and take all sorts of drugs, hook up with random people etc.. Many also seemed to get a kick out of cheating on their partner. I know that not everyone is like this. But enough were that I noticed it. It was like a cultural trend, locally at least. Honestly though, I don't judge them. If they want to live that way, go for it. I've just always thought that was interesting.I live on the south as well, and many here do judge based on sexual preference or skin color.
indigovirgo
@indigovirgo
last year
23 posts

As someone who has been on both sides of the fence- there are amazing people and awful people in both and all lifestyles. There are some people who genuinely have a hard time being gay or different in some way and they tend to be somewhat shy and very nice people. But there are the gay versions of the straight alpha male- not concerned with anyones feelings who just sleep with anyone and anything they can and then move to the next. It seems its all about having the right internal balance no matter what your lifestyle is. I agree though that some people who identify as gay seem to come to the conclusion that if you don't get along with them interpersonally it is b/c they are gay. Its interesting though b/c people really have no idea what the other person identifies as unless they explicitly have that conversation.

Gem
@gem
last year
220 posts
First off to me ...love is love..and all love is a beautiful thing.I've got two cousins who are lesbian and I've had many gay male friends through the years.One of my cousins is in a long term committed relationship. The other is quite reclusive.My male gay friends through the years have evolved.. Like we all do. I knew them when they we're virgins. They knew they were gay but fearful of telling family (particularly their father's). One used to confide his fears about sex and relationships. Eventually like any of us they faced their fears...maybe were slightly fickle inn those younger years.Most are now in their 30s and in committed relationships.One thing I do know is those boys were judged when seen out in dance clubs etc being very flirtatious... Only those doing the judging didn't know they were virgins at that time..frightened of what sex would be like.I think at any given time we're all just trying to figure ourselves out..sometimes people do that by playing a role that fits how they identify themselves at the time. Think most of us lgbt or not have done that at points in our lives :)Ahhh but love...its a wonderful thing even when it hurts xx
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

I do believe that our soul is half male (right side) and half female (left side), but different humans have their male or female qualities more or less pronounced (at least until they wake up and possibly work on balancing themselves more). I don't really believe too much in human reincarnation on this planet, but I do believe in reincarnation. As such I think it is unlikely that a being would always just be incarnated with a male or female physical gender. Therefore having sexist believes is only self-limiting, and caring/ judging about who fancies sex with whom as well....

And as with so many things there is a wide variety in how people express themselves, Sure there is more militant LGBT individuals, just like there is plenty of straight people who will rub it in your face that they are straight (if they know that you are not).

As for the 'I am an LGBT' T-shirt. I guess it can serve several purposes. Being a minority one might have to stick out more to attract a mate, but also it can keep haters at bay and away. It saves times and energy if one does not maybe befriend someone to only find out after a few hours, or days, that they are too bigotted to keep talking to you, once they find out that one is LGBT :))) (plus they usually come in rainbow print, and who does not love rainbows ;))

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
last year
216 posts

I love that simple answer :)

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
last year
216 posts

I agree, it's funny what you see when you observe people. :) Love to you. x

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
last year
216 posts

Love this answer, honestly. Love and light to you. x

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
last year
216 posts

I love your soul! Wonderful answer with a story to go with it. I love it. xxx

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
last year
216 posts

Lol, I love this hahaha. Yeah really, who doesn't love rainbows? I was just pointing out the fact that many seem to JUST go by this label of their sexuality or orientation, and forget that soul matters more. You know? Love to you x

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book