Dice
Dice
@dice
2 years ago
285 posts

I was going to say that you do not look 50!

I went through the same thing for over 15 years.. and the first question I asked what "what is wrong with me?". They say we attract sociopaths/narcissists and I really believe that is true. This is not a you problem.

My kids did not really understand what I went through until recently when my daughter went and got a reading. They will understand in their own time but don't wait for that.

I love music.. but it plagued me for a while. I started listening to things I had never heard before. You would be surprised to know that changing those little things can change everything. It can be anything really.. change up your routine.. find the things YOU love. You have an opportunity to start again. It's never too late sister!

Visualization helps so much too.

Love & Light and some glitter... why not!!!

Dice

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
975 posts
Well...your definitely not alone...I don't know how your finances are but looking for another place to live would be a good start...after my own marriage ended (17 years) I moved into my parents place for a VERY short time...and even that was too long....but as soon as I got my own place I was out and feeling much better...someone will eventually show up...but for now this is the time to take to heal from all that happened up till now...as well as dealing with the traumas of abuse....living on your own is a great way to gain independence and strength...that you are a healthy smart strong woman who can take care of herself and be proud...and sever all energy cords to your ex....I bet you'll feel MUCH better once you do...
Dice
Dice
@dice
2 years ago
285 posts

I did not much to be positive about when the X left. I understand what it feels like.. when you shared your experience it brought so much of that back for me. It is not easy and does not feel fair, though I knew it was for the best. I knew he was not faithful and once trust is gone it is hard to rebuild.

I had to face that I may be alone and accepted that as possible (like you it is trust issues). I would rather have friends than even think about going into another relationship. It is my red flags that keep me there though. Each day I focus on one positive thing no matter what it is. It can be nice weather, good food, good song.. you get the idea.

I have a hectic life and quiet time is hard to come by. I often have to escape more in my mind than anything else. I found that writing all of those feelings out on paper helps too. Everyone needs time to get out of their own head. The job I had was not helping my state of mind, so I had to find another one. Once I started making the small changes I no longer had the negative associations that would trigger pain. I only share some of my experience so you will know you are not alone.

Hang in there Jodi.. you are not alone.

Dice

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book