Is dating a non empath a recipe for disaster?

To post a reply, login or signup

indigovirgo
@indigovirgo
last year
23 posts

I reconnected with someone on Facebook from high school that I really liked. I have already explained a little about how spiritual I am and how being an empath affects me to her. However, she just doesn't have the level of awareness that I do about many things and hasn't done much work on herself. I am concerned that this will turn out badly. Trying not to stress over it but it seems like life would just be smoother with someone who understands you and connects with you in that way.

updated by @indigovirgo: 05/27/17 05:44:18PM
Bigg Hoss
@bigg-hoss
last year
36 posts

Well in my experience dating a wide open empath or living with a wide open empath is actually much worse than a normal person as far as the emotional roller coasters and even in some cases "attacks" of will or energy even subconsciously when angry or in disagreement. You must have to be well in tune and have awesome discernment to keep from taking on others emotions from each other. This is true for me at least. It's double taxing because I have to discern my emotions from their emotions and then filter through all the above and find whats not from outsiders and is our real emotions as well. LOL that was a mouthful to say. With all this said, I think non empaths are wonderful and in most cases less taxing IF they don't turn out to be Sociopaths or Psychopaths or something. Aside from that the only other fear is that they hopefully won't accuse you of being evil or into evil things by your practices or are weird. That's what I find is the most common thing for people like us.

Bigg Hoss
@bigg-hoss
last year
36 posts

Absolutely true ^^^^ If it feels good give it a go. Love and good connections are rare and special and can come in any form. Hate for you to miss out.

Harry
@harry
last year
1 posts
I was married twice with non-empathic women and am now married with one feeling more empathy. But I wouldn't call her an empath. Maybe 2 empaths together could lead to a disaster. Frankly, I don't know. All that counts, even more than love, is SINCERITY. Nothing else.
Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

My husband isn't an empath or a sensitive or even spiritual and I'm a Reiki master and intuitive energy healer empath, so the whole nine yards. It was hard for him at first, and I still keep some of that stuff back from him, but he got used to it when he saw how good it was for me. He may not like crystals and all that, but he does like how much happier I am since I started opening up my empath gifts so he supports me in it.

Trish Warton
@trish-warton
last year
1 posts

Exactly! Well said!

Jennifer Brown
@jennifer-brown
last year
13 posts

I am dating a non-empath myself. he knows what I am and its a bit hard to hide when his brother (deceased) popped in to have a chat with him through me. I am lucky that he loves me for who I am. The chances of finding someone completely on your wave length are low. So my question to you is do you care enough about this person to try? maybe she is in your life for a reason?

Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

That's totally how I feel about my husband. I wish I could tell him everything, but if he was an empath, I would probably lose all balance. His non-empath-ness is, in a lot of ways, a gift to me.

Sekkazan Druakkan
@sekkazan-druakkan
last year
2 posts

Dating is the better way to find out how much control the other person has over their own emotions. Regardless of whether or not our partners could be empaths, I eventually found someone who understands there are times when I need to remove myself from emotionally, volatile situations. I don't attempt to deny their own emotional reactions to their own realities, but they also have accepted that it isn't necessary to inflict me with various emotions that can often be quite toxic. They either respect me enough to recognize which emotions are not destructive or that it is better for me to move on.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book