heightened senses after/during embracing my empathy for the first time

To post a reply, login or signup

thamara
@thamara
last year
13 posts

it's been two months since i've realized that i'm an empath, and it brought me a lot of peace to finally know what is going on with me.

now i feel like i'm becoming more sensitive, also when it comes to my "normal senses" - in example, i've never had problems with my eyes, but recently i'm so sensitive to light that on certain days, i need to wear sunglasses even when i'm inside. it could be just the change from winter to spring or a mild allergy, but i've never experienced either before.

it's also possible that i encountered one or several spirits in my old room when i was visiting my parents last week. i'm not entirely sure about that, though.

it's like i opened a door and now all is rushing in at the same time? has any of you gone through this, too, when you first opened up to being an empath?

updated by @thamara: 01/15/17 03:56:51PM
Dice
@dice
last year
284 posts

Absolutely.. the floodgates opened and I had to hold on for the ride. I would say to focus on some of the empath resources offered on the main page. Grounding and learning to let things flow withdeep breathingand other techniques were the big ones for me at the beginning. I know many here that have described similar experiences and have found (and post)various other resources thatcould prove to be a great help for you!

You are not alone.. :)

Dice

thamara
@thamara
last year
13 posts

thank you, i'm really glad i'm not the only one! where have you posted those resources? i'd love to see them! :)

Dice
@dice
last year
284 posts

The home page has the Empath Survival Guide "box" on the left side. I would start there for sure. Then you can browse through the various groups and see what you are drawn to.

It took me some time to go through and find techniques that worked the best for me, but keep asking questions as you need to! Chances are someone will have the information you are looking for, or can guide you in the right direction :)

Dice

PeaceOnEarth
@peaceonearth
last year
32 posts
I've felt this sometimes. Often if I'm really stressed, I'll go into what I call my "Empath State" (after avatar the last airbender) where my senses and abilities are heightened. I've never had it last longer than three or four days though.
Bigg Hoss
@bigg-hoss
last year
36 posts

I have always kind of known I was different and experienced many things my whole life. When I started embracing it I had an EXTREME amount of things happen in much more severity though. But I also started meditating and trying to balance and be more aware. With that my physical feelings amplified as well as environmental and things i noticed around me. There was definitiely more obvious stuff as well as I was looking for what it all meant and noticed more now that I was listening looking and FEELING. I am only just now slowly finishing accepting and understanding all this myself over last few years. Before that I was kinda on autopilot

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book