Roxanne
Roxanne
@roxanne
8 years ago
1,562 posts
Oh boy...memories. When you know someone's intention is to insult you, but they choose words that give them *a way out*, it usually ends with "you're too sensitive or you're too defensive."These days when my husband says "you're too sensitive", I say *EXACTLY*.............and he knows I mean it *empathically*.It steals his thunder.It's very much like walking on eggshells when dealing with non-empaths. Only I don't let it get to me anymore, unless I just happen to be in a bad mood. But I'm learning to just avoid people who press those buttons. I have enough things to focus on. It's good to distract yourself when that kind of mood kicks in.Good luck, Esah.
Roxanne
Roxanne
@roxanne
8 years ago
1,562 posts
Esah, Soulful Comings,I have to admit it took years, and this place to make me realize that these comments *you're too sensitive*were actually true. It may not line up with the intent of the comment, but it gives me room to flip it on them.;-)Juan,I haven't worked in awhile,but you're right. In the work place it is much harder to shut myself off from people who I have to interact with. That is a terrible feeling and your ability to shield would have to be at the level of an expert trained empath, I'd have to think.This is why we do the Survival Guide exercises. To become experts at it.Hope I get there some day.Good luck to you.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book