Problems with attending spiritual events

To post a reply, login or signup

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

I am curious, does anyone else at times get problems with attending 'spiritual' events (e.g. sound healing, yoga, meditation), or going to supposed spiritual places?

E.g. I went to a sound healing workshop - and even though the sound effects were amazing and the sound healer apparently very skilled, I walked out with more crap energies than when I walked in. Or I went to Westminster Abbey (had read it is a place of power) to meditate and got attacked by loads of negative energies. The best explanation I have that they are places where people release energies, and looking for a Light channel (out?) many seem to come to me? And as for work shops if the facilitator, and or participants do not pray and ask that energies they release are disposed off safely, they just float about and attach to the nearest empath? It does not happen at all workshops (I assume that where it does not happen there is more energy tidy people present), but enough to keep me from staying clear mostly.

(N.B. it even happens at the gym to a degree. I have 'built in' etheric structures there, to take care of released energies, but at times I need to reaffirm them (I kind of know if I start getting loads of resistance about going to the gym))

Love and Light!

updated by @goodenergyhealing: 01/22/17 06:22:14AM
TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
308 posts
I have only been to a few, and I honestly want to run out. I have no idea if people project there energy out and you are like a strong magnet. Thats what my reiki lady says about me, maybe for you as well? The gym, I have a hard time with as well and don't go anymore.
Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

Yesterday or the day before I joined a light workers group on Facebook. I just now had to leave it because the energy was so jumbley. I even posted on a thread there, that seemed good and positive, and all of a sudden felt a negative chording happen. I deleted my comment and released the chording, then left the group and I feel like I have to release the residual energy from it. I'm sure most people there are very good people and genuine light workers, but there is some other stuff going on there and I'm too sensitive to be around it, and like you said with your experiences, I've just walked out with more crap energies than when I went it. I better be more careful about that stuff.

Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

Sheesh, I'm still a little shaken up by it all. I hope I'm not putting any of that energy here in this thread talking about it. I'll see if there is anything to clear. All this makes me more grateful for places like this that feel safe and smooth and clear.

Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
last year
82 posts

All the time. People who attend 'spiritual' events are often highly disturbed individuals, I've found, who are looking for solace or healing or fixing, with no idea how to balance or heal themselves, or a lot of wrong ideas; also a lot who are scammers or naive idealists, looking for a quick way to increase their 'psychic powers,' so they can set up a stall somewhere... A lot of disturbed people with unaddressed drug and alcohol issues attend these sorts of things, I've found, also (and some others with a level of entity contamination, though those are more rare, and very horrid to be near) - as well as a lot of fine and benign people, gifted people, and slightly misguided people, etc. I have attended a lot of these things over the years.

I tend to pick up the emotional energy most of all, and anyone who is disturbed rings loud in my body. It's very unpleasant. And really the last thing you expect or want from attending a so-called spiritual gathering.

Healing events are a no-go for me as I already pick up random physical pain and conditions from whoever sits next to or in any sort of proximity to me. A meditation group, which I like to do, can be very disturbing, therefore, so I am careful where I sit if that's possible.

The gym - I'd expect bad energy - aggro, anxiety, inchaote rage, etc, insecurity, panic. The general population are pretty stuffed, and go to such places to release, consciously or unconsciously. Balls of rage and/or panic - not nice.

People in general these days are carrying a lot of stuff and it tends to unload into people like us, like a bloodstain in a nice white sheet.

The cathedral, I can't say really - unless (from my p.o.v.) some really creepy person had sat there, and glumly pondered their evil deeds, etc! Maybe a crime world family funeral the day before!

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
308 posts
You are so right these days about people unloading onto people like us. I'm getting really tired of it lol.I agree with you on the people at these events and at the gym.
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

thx for your comments so far. Glad to hear I am not the only one experiencing strange stuff. It is funny how sometimes in places where one might expect more healing and Light, there is almost more confusion. In an way if I meet a confused 'normal' person it is just somewhat uncomfortable grey noise, but if I clash with a confused spiritual person - it can be a real (spiritual) 'battle'. :)

I guess it is about finding balance. I refuse to just lock myself up in the house and never leave again (except for the supermarket, but hey - they do home delivery now too). Working from home, I stay there enough already! If I want to go out, I go out! If anything attacks me/ comes to me - I just deal with it (and on average it seems to have gotten less over the years - I assume they do not dare attack as much anymore, or there is less of them? :))

That applies to the gym too! I like exercising, and cardio e.g. can really help me clear my energies (I do clean up after myself energetically, don't just let it float about).

Sure I pick my battles to a degree - but after all The Light should win - and not be bullied into a corner. :)

Billy Jo
@billy-jo
last year
14 posts

I just want to add that I agree with Lavender&rose .. 'broken' people are drawn to spiritual events, and often the practitioners are not equipped to manage the mess of energy and emotion, so it's like sitting inside a fishbowl with lightning bouncing around in every direction! I do still attend such things sometimes, but only if I am feeling strong and centred .. which kind of defeats the purpose of healing sessions I guess!

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

yeah, sometimes it feels like some of the participants in a group are more healing conduits than the facilitator, which is especially funny if the facilitator has a big ego :))

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

I'll just add a funny one to this thread. I do mingle on a few spiritual FB groups to try to socialize, help, plus selfishly get some potential notice to my book.

In this supposedly 'advanced spiritual developed' group lead by someone who had already made me cautious by basically calling just about every other Lightworker (except herself) lazy for not basically writing a whole book every day (which she supposedly does) - I dared to think that a Youtube clip promoting that the Earth is indeed flat(!) had been attached as a light-hearted joke. It turned out that the followers actually believed that the Earth is flat, and that humanity had been brainwashed by science (that old devil's tool!) into thinking it is a ball. I was then deemed spiritually non-evolved, and just not ready yet, when mentioning that on a flat Earth there would be no time-zones. lol

Billy Jo
@billy-jo
last year
14 posts

hahahahaha... I always watch and read for a while before getting involved when I join a new group.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book