Does anyone feel their empathic sensitivity is getting stronger with age

To post a reply, login or signup

lilly
@lilly
last year
30 posts

I was born this way HSP and an empath. While i had a very overwhelming childhood. With spirits and peoples emotions making me physicaly ill. I feel the older im getting the more and more my empathic skills are getting even worse. Im having way more spirit experiences and cant cope with almost all face to face meetings where i have isolated myself from people to survive. I am housebound anyway with an illness. But i could go out sometimes if i chose but ive been prefering not too cos i either pick up a spirit and bring it home with me. Or someone upsets me and overwhelms me just with their energy. If i where well and able to go out whenever i wanted i wouldnt at all i would just stay at home all the time Or move to a remote place with some animals for company.

It does seem like its age for me, Its like some sort of progressive mental, physical and emotional illness that just is getting worse with time and im only 37 where will i be when i 60 or 80! If i get there. Its becoming unbearable for me. I so wish i could turn it off. Its a curse for me always has been and so is my highly sensitive nervous system. It makes life an endless trauma for me.

updated by @lilly: 01/09/17 05:24:33PM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Lily, I'm so sorry your experiencing that for so long. Have you tried talking to a spiritual healer about this. I'm assuming since you have been dealing with this most your life you have already know the basic meditations for grounding and protection. Have you tried the method they have provided on this forum for turning it down?I have also dealt with this all my life but not as intensely as yourself. Is the spirits that you bring home bad or evil or just those that wants to hang around you because they know you know they are there ? Sorry for so many questions. I hope someone can help you. That bothers me that you have suffered for so long.
lilly
@lilly
last year
30 posts

hi rene thanks for your care. I have suffered so much my whole life i know its sad and im sorry to bring up sadness in you. But ive never felt i could ever really express it before and people understand. Others who arent empathic or HSP just seem to belittle it or see it as some sort of attitude problem. Even spiritual healers have belittled my suffering as a HSP. As if its some sort of wrong belief i have about myself. But i have spoken to many healers. All have said they think im a very old soul and have been doing the round of reincarnating a long long time. I have taken a few internet test on how old your soul is and i always come out and old soul. I feel ancient like i have been around for eons of time made to come back again and again and just to experience. And all of it has acumulated in me. This is how i truely feel.

On the other had it could just be i was unlucky and got born with a highly tuned nervous system that causes me unceasing pain. Even in my house alone with my cats i suffer for the reason i exsist and all is feeling, all is pain.

The spirits i experience vary from very evil demonic attacks i had for years. To spirits that just seem a bit scary cos i dont know what they want but they just seem interested in me and touch me alot. I dont know if thats them trying to find their way into my aura and attach to me or if they are just curious spirits that want to make themselves be known. Often they have stoped me sleeping cos of touching me all night. But when i end up crying with exhaustion they seem to go away or that was my last spirit experience anyway. I last picked one up in a church that came home with me and touched me all night and i didnt get a wink of sleep. Im scared to go back to church now. I thought they would be one of the safest places to be protected. It seems to be increasing for me though this is the thing im worried about.

Like my nervous system is progressivley being worn down by the constant overwhelm. I must point out i have a neurological illness that effects all the systems of my body. So i have this to contend with daily and a myraid of symptoms. But i feel the sensitivity is a spiritual emotional one that effects my body and not the other way round. My body is ill yes but i feel the sensitvity is coming from my emotions and spirit self.

I am trying to practice the turning down the volume control advice on here. Im working on it but so far i cant get a clear picture in my head of the dial. But i will keep at it. Its sort of like a hypnosis technique i had success with some other similar techniques in the past but for other things not the overwhelm.

Gem
@gem
last year
220 posts
I'm also 37 and have a number of conditions affecting me neurologically so I totally understand the worry of where will I be when I'm 60/70. Its hard coping with illness and being an Empath!
I don't bring spirits home but I do isolate myself due to getting too overloaded when I go out..as well as extra physical pain if I do too much walking.
I used to berate myself for liking to have too much time alone.. Now I just accept it's what I need to be able to function for myself and my immediate family. I'm no use to anyone if I allow myself to burn out.
I have visitations but its from past friends and family and it's comforting.

I've never experienced what you describe so it's hard to help. We all have slightly different spiritual beliefs... I'm presuming you've requested these spirits leave you whilst sage smudging? In a very clear and firm way? Asked your guides and angels to protect you and keep them out of your energy field? Sometimes our vibrational state can attract spirits in a similar vibration...so if you are very sad/angry etc for a prolonged time (maybe because of your illness or some other personal matter) its possible you've inadvertently attracted these spirits. If that's the case I'd work hard on meditation daily to find the root cause of any negative emotions within you...any past traumas and allow yourself to feel and acknowledge the emotions of it...then consciously release them. Surround yourself with healing white light and be conscious of trying to be in positive vibrations. They shouldn't be able to penetrate your energy field if its one of love, light, gratitude etc. Hard I know...and nobody can keep it up all the time, it might be worth a try though so you can get some respite from these occurances.

Blessings
Gem x
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

Sorry to hear that. I used to suffer from CFS, but it is mostly under control now. Unless there seems to be some major cosmic event, like a solar eclipse, or Mercury retrograde I function well enough. Well, I am not sure if I could manage a 9-5 office job again, but doing massage& healing and only seeing 2-3 clients a day if ok (and pays the bills and than some).

What helped me most physically was discovering that I seem to require a decent dose of VitD3 daily (about 5000-7000IU per day), and back then regular strong probiotics.

What helped me most spiritually was embracing that I am an empath and accepting that negative emotions/ thoughts I get are mostly not self-generated anymore. Since I believe that I have a right to a suffering free life I therefore ask for ultimate good healing for every single energy that disaffects me, or attempts to disaffect me (directly or indirectly, consciously, or subconsciously, maliciously or more accidentally). I think the main thing is to no limit that help. I.e. some e.g. believe that they have one or two guardian angels and that is it. But some energies disaffecting me clearly seem to be more large scale, i.e. energies created by collective subconscious feeling/ thinking of groups of people (some groups quite large). So to stop some energies from disaffecting me, or remove them/ take them into healing it might require armies of angels/ archangels....., or even gods or goddesses. I trust though that they are there, and willing to help - and on average I get more and more energy, happiness, friends etc. But mind you that is the average - as mentioned above, there still can be dips into rather uncomfortable territory, but at least it does not last for months/ years anymore, but mostly just hours, sometimes days....

Hope that maybe helps in some way?

Love and Light!

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

forgot to say - due to confused energies coming to us, I believe empaths especially need to do regular energy cleansings! Plus grounding is beneficial. (Well, I sometimes do cleansing meditations, but mostly I just have a standing plead/ prayer for regular healings, cleansings, protections, and recharges - for myself, my bodies and my life!)

Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts

I'm sorry you are dealing with so much. I believe dealing with our empathic abilities is a balance between the spiritual and the physical. When the physical is tired it is harder to keep the spiritual in check. It takes energy and mental awareness which illness uses up a lot of. However, as sad as you are I think it's great you are reaching out and I believe you will find some support here. I will give you my suggestions and hopefully something will sit right with you.

I used to have nightmares all the time, looking back some of those nightmares were spirits visiting me. I'm not entirely sure now they were evil or demonic but after watching movies and the odd horror when I was a child I personally associated ghosts with fear. I somehow found a way to block the spirit world entirely and I have kept that door very closed with unbelief for years. Just recently I have been drawn back to the empath world but being older and more mature I am trying to look at it from a different angle (I didn't know back then what I was so I had no way to deal with it). Since opening this door a little bit again I have had some encounters and have had to tell my subconscious not to react in fear but in curiosity and it seems to change the experience immediately.

I think you can set boundaries with the spirits - talk to them and let them know they can stay in the room but they cannot touch you. Speak out loud if you have to. I recall a story someone told me about an evangelist I can't remember his name but the story went something like he was visited by the devil in the night and he said "oh it's just you" and rolled over and went back to sleep. This story helped me tremendously with controlling my fear - they can't harm me physically and they won't spiritually if I don't let them. Boundaries - in the physical and spiritual.

Take care of your physical body, eat good food, exercise, take your vitamins, etc. The energy your physical body has will help you deal with the spiritual.

Find something to smile about at least once a day - being an old soul maybe you've lost your joy. Having seen and experienced so many things makes 'just being' exhausting. Look for things you can do and see that will make you smile or you will find interesting... find your joy.

Meditation is so important, talk to your sub conscience and tell it what you want to be aware of, what you want to recognize. Look into your Chakras as well - light and love. IT's all connected.

Anyway, I'm fairly new to this so just some ideas for you to look into - take what you feel resonates with your soul and leave the rest if it doesn't. I don't believe we were designed to be plagued. Wish you all the best.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book