Found a book that really seems to help make being an empath a bit easier

To post a reply, login or signup

Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

A month or so ago, I started reading the book Become the Most Important Person in the Room by Rose Rosetree. It has been so eye opening and helpful. I read a chapter or two, and do the excercises she gives us and then move on. After doing the exercises for a few days, they become more natural, and I've started doing some of them without even thinking and it feels really nice.

The funny thing is, when you are an empath, we have to learn the opposite things than what non-empaths have to learn. I didn't really think about it until this book because I didn't know what it would feel like to be a non-empath or what their experiences are like in the world. The author helps you learn to choose when to do what she calls empath merges, instead of doing them automatically. She teaches you how not to be responsible for everyone, and bunches of other basic stuff that a lot of us empaths (well, at least I) need to know.

It's been the most helpful book I've read on the subject and I'm not even done with it yet. When I'm done and have done all the exercises, I'm going to flip it back to the beginning and read it again as a reminder.

Also, the author is funny and straightforward and it is really refreshing, and enjoyable to read. I hope it is helpful to some of you, too.

updated by @sarah: 01/15/17 02:54:59AM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
Thanks for the suggestion, it looks interesting. I just ordered it. Can't wait to read it ;)
Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts
Thank you for sharing I was looking at books but there are so many.
Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

I hope it's of help to you both. :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book