Trevor Lewis
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
274 posts

Hi Phyllis,

If someone is determined not to accept, there is NOTHING you can do to change their mind.

If they are skeptical (which I think is better than cynical?), then all you can really do is keep chipping away.

If it helps, I wrote up my own story as a way of explaining my experiences to non-empaths. See http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/profiles/blogs/we-are-all-connected-how-i-came-to-recognize-myself-as-an-empath

Good luck ... and best you can, be patient. With the rate consciousness is rising these days who know how quickly we might find ourselves as the new normal! :-)

Blessings,

Trevor

Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
780 posts
Give it time. My husband was a skeptic of anything that could not be explained. Fast forward 10 years, not only does he believe but sometimes when I am a little "off", he reminds me that it might not be my stuff. He has seen the unexplainable quite often so now he accepts it. He also is coming around on the whole reincarnation thing as well. He used to tell me that it was just dreams I was remembering, but since hearing me talk in my sleep in a foreign language on more than one occasion he has come to relize that maybe it is possible. Instead of explaining, find occasions to show him.
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
977 posts
Hi...i've struggled with my family not believing anything...and i've given up...they don't WANT to know or understand...trying to discuss anything with someone with a closed mind is really toxic to your/my own energy...it's an extreme let down and knowing when to stop trying to validate yourself to this type of person if just as important as knowing when it's safe to do so...so...maybe stop trying for awhile and give yourself a rest from banging your head against that brick wall...lol...you have plenty of people here who believe everything you say...
Rene''
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,195 posts
My husband was and still is up to a point, a non believer. But...he likes shopping for crystals and has even mention buying himself one to keep in his pocket. Lol. I still get them occasional eye rolls when he sneaks up at night seeing me meditating But this is me! Like it or not.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book