Ghost smells.. ??

To post a reply, login or signup

Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts
So last night I was drifting off to sleep, not quite out but started dreaming. I saw an image of two older ladies talking, one was smoking. The smoke wafted toward me, I could smell it, I felt it curl up into my nose and and it woke me up. I could still smell it when I woke up, I lifted my head and started sniffing around to see if something in my house was burning and nothing. I laid back down and could still smell the faint scent of smoke as it faded off my pillow. This is not the first time, it happens every so often but I always chalked it up to my mind playing tricks until recently when I started to realize I may have empathic abilities and I've been taking notes of odd things so I could piece it together. any ideas?
updated by @nikler: 01/18/17 05:38:24AM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
You could be a "smell sensitive" called clairolfaction. I am also very sensitive to smells, I always know when my departed Mom is around because I can smell her. It always comforts me :) There are a lot of times I can smell things that no one else can. I didn't realize that some of those smells were from beyond until my Mom's passing, then it all clicked.
Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts
Interesting, I'll have to do some thinking as I don't know of anyone departed that smoke would remind me of. I am extremely sensitive to smells normally. I can't have strong smells in my house, no air freshener, smell free cleaners, etc. I don't wear perfume or use strong smelling products on my person. I can't bear it.
Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

My mom has those abilities. She senses her grandma's spirit is near her when she smells her perfume.

lilly
@lilly
last year
30 posts

Ive smelt cigarette smoke before very over poweringly and cigarette ashtray smell as well. It cant be coming from anywhere else but the spirit world as my neighbours arent near and i live alone. Ive also smelt the overwhelming stench of (Sorry in advance to anyone sensitive!!) rotting flesh at a time i had alot of really bad stuff going on in my life and i believe i was cursed at the time. This smelll was constantly around me. Till things changed in my life. I got the strongest muskiest perfume i could find and burn benzoine essential oil all the time to block it out but could still smell it. It was hiddeous.

But spirits can make smells. Ive heard of alot of people smell cigarette smoke its one of the most common spirit smells next to a departed loved ones perfume. Or the smell of flowers in the dead of winter. Often a departed loved ones favorite flower. Ive also heard a christian friend said she could smell the sweetest smell she had ever smelt in the middle of winter when she was one her way to a special retreat place...she thought it might be the anointing oil that they used on christ after he was laid down from the cross. That was her beliefs coming into play maybe but who knows. She said since then she has smelled it other times. Like its not like perfume that you would smell on earth its most beautiful smell she every smelt. I was so jelaous of her being so blessed after my rotting flesh experience!!

Nikki3
@nikler
last year
116 posts
It was very powerful smell enough to drag me out of dreamland. I'm guessing it was spirits... Maybe had something to do with the ladies faces I saw but I didn't recognize either of them and didn't know them in my dream. It wasn't like I was dreaming of them I was seeing an image or real life video... almost like I was the ghost peeking in on them and they didn't know I was there. If that makes sense. I alwayw thought if a spirit were to visit me it would be someone I knew checking in. It's the first time I've recognized it as anything other than my imagination though. I will have to pay more attention.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book