Seeing faces with my eyes closed

To post a reply, login or signup

CrystalRose
@crystalrose
last year
48 posts

Lately, when I'm lying in bed and trying to get to sleep, I'll see a face. It will pop up when my eyes are closed. It will stick around for a few seconds then disappear, then come back and disappear again. Some of the faces will stick around a little longer than others. Some look familiar while others are just random. I'm not really sure what it means. I'm always awake when it happens. It never scares me.

When it first started happening, I didn't really think anything of it because I remembered when I was little... that I used to see things with my eyes closed all the time. I remember loving just lying in bed before going to sleep and just looking at things, and searching through all the shapes and colors that I saw, trying to make sense of it and see if I could recognize anything. I don't remember what I saw... just that it was colorful and that I loved lying in bed and looking at things even though my eyes were closed. I think I must have mentioned it to my mom and having her dismiss it. But it was so long ago that I can't really remember. I had completely forgotten that I used to do that. Maybe it's related to what I'm seeing now?

I know that I've become a lot more sensitive since discovering and accepting that I am an Empath. I'm learning to balance my emotions and to strengthen my intuition. I just can't shake the feeling that these faces have something to do with my awakening. I've never thought to look it up until now. I'm hoping that someone here can give me some information on this. Have any of you been through something similar? Please inform me on what you think, or what this is.

Thank you so much.

Sending love to all of you on this site. Always.

<3

updated by @crystalrose: 01/16/17 07:30:36AM
Sammie
@sammie
last year
106 posts

You know that place that Tinker Bell describes between sleep and awake? That's probably what is happening to you. Your brainwaves are transitioning. This happens to me also, which leads me to think you may have some clairvoyant ability as well. Some images I see are happening at the time that I see them or some are going to happen later( I am not skilled enough to know which is which every time).

The point is these images may develop where you see whole pictures in time. Think of it like that old school Polaroid pic where one corner always comes in more clear at first. Try keeping a journal to describe what you see. :)

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
I have the exact same thing happening. I just thought it was me. I have noticed that it is more frequent since my awakening too. Not sure what to think of it, the faces I see are not familiar to me. Possibly departed souls? I did on one occasion though, see what I describe as an alien being.....grey skin, no hair with horizontally wide eyes that were not very wide while open..like slits....if that makes any sense. I was not frightened by this being. I got a calm feel from it. Made me feel like I had viewed another dimention. I am also curious as to how many experience this.
Sammie
@sammie
last year
106 posts
I saw the same thing about a month or two ago. It was only the head. Almond shaped eyes but not at an angle like people normally describe "aliens". It was expressionless. Strange. Very strange.
CrystalRose
@crystalrose
last year
48 posts

I was thinking the same thing about the images I see but I wasn't sure. I just began to see them. It doesn't happen every night. I'm trying to figure out what I do different the nights that it happens. Maybe I'm more relaxed and at peace at those times or something.

I'm not sure what the faces I see are. One I see is an old man. He looks familiar like maybe my grandpa but I don't think so because I only met him when I was a baby and then he passed away. He looks more like my exs grandpa but I never met him so I shouldn't have any connection to him like that. I do, however speak aloud to him because I know how close my ex was to him and I feel like he's still around my ex a lot, trying to help him through his rough times. I've even had a psychic tell me that he liked me but I don't get that because like I said, I never met him.

The other one I've seen is an older woman but I have no idea who she is. I've only seen her once, I think. I've only seen faces and shapes so far. I haven't been able to make anything else out or be able to tell if I'm seeing something. I'll keep trying to develop it. I'll take your advice and start to journal about it. Thank you! :)

CrystalRose
@crystalrose
last year
48 posts

I've seen an alien like creature too but it was only outlines and no details. I've seen other odd creatures too and remember thinking "What was that thing?" lol None of them ever scare me. Some are creepy but those I just brush away and know that they can't do anything. They eventually go away.

Once I saw a very detailed eye. Just one eye. It was so beautiful. Long curly lashes, almond shaped, I'm not sure on the color but they seemed like a light blue. It's weird that it was just one eye.... lol

magicalme3
@magicalme3
last year
32 posts
I'm so glad you posted this. I have seen images and shadows all the time. Not every night, no. But for the longest time that I don't remember how long it's been but when I close my eyes, no where near sleep yet, but I lie down. Get ready to fall asleep, close my eyes and see images. They're shadows or images ..... Mostly shadows of people moving around ... Sometimes walking around, moving around ... Sometimes it's just bright white light.Have no idea what it is either. And no, I am not asleep when this happens.
Bella Heart
@bella-heart
last year
15 posts

This happened to me once and i thought it was pretty cool! I believe it was my spirit guide, the face was smiling at me with such compassion and love, i saw the wonderful colors as well, but right after the first face showed up, another face popped in and it was my mom, smiling at me as if she's saying i'm OK now and i am happy, after she passed away i didn't know how to grieve, i had a hard time dealing with my emotions, so after this experience i felt better... So i'm thinking they are spirits that are close to you? And they could be your angels saying we're here considering you are more sensitive than before... :) I hope that helps.

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
last year
867 posts

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend that the next time this happens you ask the image : "Hi, I'm (insert your name here), what is your name?, who are you?, I would love to know why you are appearing to me, etc." & then go from there.

I would also recommend that you keep a daily journal (either verbal (audio), written or video so that you can record what is going on in your daily life even if you don't think anything important happened that day.

This way you can look at these journals (notes, videos, audios, etc.) over the coming years to compare "then & now", etc.

Best wishes

CrystalRose
@crystalrose
last year
48 posts

I'll definitely ask questions the next time a face shows up. Sometimes it's only for a brief second and then is gone and doesn't come back but I think that's because I'm trying to force it. I'll relax and calmly ask questions the next time for sure.

I'm going to start a specific journal just for this type of stuff. I already have a journal ready to use and everything. I find it funny because I've always had a weird journal collection but I never actually wrote in them. I think on some level I knew that I'd need them for something someday. Maybe this is what I was gathering them for! hehe

Thank you so much

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book