@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Wow, that's amazing!

Dice
@dice
last year
284 posts

Even if I was the article says I would never admit it :)

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,178 posts
Im sorry skysshadows3 that you feel ignore. You reply is just as important as everyone else's.So...how do you know your abilities are stronger than most here? Yeah, I ask way too many questions.
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

lol that's exactly what I was thinking!

Dice
@dice
last year
284 posts

skyshadows3,

Most of the time I feel that I do not fit in anywhere. When I read the article I laughed because I would really never admit to much to anyone no matter. Most people would not believe me anyway.

I just found it kind of funny that it brought up most would not admit that they were one.

You fit in on the board fine.. I was more making a point that most people that have abilities are trying to reach out here to figure out some of what is happening with them. Exploring who you are and talking about it is exactly what you should do. You may not get responses, but then I don't either. The fact that you participate and offer what is going on with you is exactly what you should do. In everyday life, I don't talk much about who I am .. it is othersthat have taken notice and pointed out to me that I do this. I was an empath in the bliss of ignorance. Just going about my daytrying to blend.

I believe there are so many different types of labels.. but who you are is and cannot be defined by one label.I think so many here are greater than can be defined by one word.The type of empath described in the article reminds me of the Never-Ending story for some reason. I realize that the hardest thing to face is self... so to have others that are trying to teach you lessons in this life is very real. I think we are here to do that. Some lessons seem random in nature, and others are very in your face. I have been getting a lot of the latter.

I also find it funny that different cultures have different ways of describing empaths and what the name means (creating a general.. "cool" or "scary" stigma with it. Like one could help being one or not being one.

I was not trying to belittle you or make you feel that your response is not welcome. :)

Peace,

Dice

Arielle
@arielle
last year
13 posts
What I found most intriguing about the article was the quote that mentions being a mirror, for that is often how I explain how my gifts work to others. "I am the mirror that reflects Your Truth back at you. I do nothing more than let you see it."My friends tend to look at me with awe in those moments, and I've never fully understood why.
Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

I don't reply to every message on this board, but I read most of them. Sometimes I just don't know what to say.

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,178 posts
I only comment when I feel a connection in someway or can relate. I ask questions a lot and it's not that I'm nosy , it's because I don't know the answer. I respect all comments and advice. Sometimes I may seem too blunt but it isn't my intention , it's just the way it sounds.
Dice
@dice
last year
284 posts

I know the look you are talking about. I get that and then I realize what just happened. My friends would tell you I do it more than I even know.. it's just they do not mention it. I just thought I was crazy. Validation from others has helped me in a big way :)

ryan hampton
@ryan-hampton
8 months ago
1 posts

My whole life I've been able to know people on a personal level and allows me to care for them. By people I mean everyone, even people I drive by and just get a glance at. I know who is broken and why. I feel the want to explain their own feelings to them in a way they can understand, so they can have self acceptance. I always tell people it's not really something that you can always understand but you just need to find a way to accept it. Every person that comes into my life I have a way of exposing them for what they really are whether it's to the world of themselves. I can't help myself. One time I was hugging a man it was a dear friend of mine and all the sudden I look up at him and I knew something about him but there's no possible way I could have. So I asked him if I was right about the thought that I had. He was shocked, but admitted it. If there is one thing that I cannot stand it when people try to deny what is true. Just because I have no proof they think they can lie to me. Through my research on empaths and learn as much as I can about the different types what we are what we are not I seem to fit all of them but none of them were quite the right fit. A narcissistic man that I was very drawn to and I were sitting one day reading together about my gift and it fell into my lap. The heyoka. When I read it, it was like a light went on and I finally knew what I was. I finally understood the parts of myself that I have been trying to understand my whole life. I am always making people laugh, always saying the things that people don't want to hear but delivering it in a way that they can grasp and get them to think. How many of us are there?

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
8 months ago
654 posts

skysshadows3:

There's nothing admitting it if you believe in it partially..

I don't fit in on this board... My abilities are stronger than most here..

I'm just saying I feel.. and most ignore me on here..

I feel that way sometimes too, skysshadow3. We just have to learn not to take things personally....I know, easier said than done.

Rene, thanks for sharing, 

Blessings

Rene''
@rene
8 months ago
1,178 posts

i pretty much and to the point  with people.  Even though I'm an empath I will tell someone an honest opinion.  Sometimes that's not what they want to hear but it's the truth.  If someones been in an abusive relationship and keeps on making excuses why they have gotten out of it then I don't know what else to tell them but ask "has he not hit you hard enough to knock some sense into you yet?   What's it going to take?   I have to finally stay away from that person because I'm feeling the abuse also.     

Im nice to everyone but I have learned some just wants to vent and not help themselves no matter what kind of resources I find  them  

Dice
@dice
6 months ago
284 posts
Understood..
Corey Easton
@corey-easton
6 months ago
61 posts
I've read the article before, it's so intresting and so true. I believe most empaths are like this and it's hard because so many people in society hide behind a mask and they hold on to all there emotions and anger 24/7 and grudges, but we don't hold on to this pain and anger so when this type of energy gets transfer to us we reflect it back because we are the "truth" its worse when I drink and someone holds on to so much pain and they talk to me and "transfer" the pain I am not used to it, I don't hold on to pain so it's like getting hit with a brick and makes me extremely emotional, and then all of sudden people think I'm "bipolar" or "crazy" but I'm just reflecting their true self
Angel
@angel
6 months ago
600 posts

Dice:

Even if I was the article says I would never admit it :)

lol

slight
@slight
5 months ago
5 posts
Here's my Heyoka moment I lived about a month ago.

One lady at work, the only way she relates to me is through any weight loss success. Well I didn't work with her for about 3 months (shift work) so finally when we ended up as partners the first thing out of her mouth was that she now weights 175lbs. I knew she was lying and I immediately said "bull shit". She proceeded to plea her accomplishment, and all I kept saying was "I think it's great you want to lose weight " until I could walk away. Later in my shift I over heard her telling a friend she now weighed 160lbs. My blood was boiling lol but I kept cool. A few hours later my friend and I were walking to the break room and my now weighting 165lbs coworker was on the other side of the door and we scared the snot out of her. My instant reaction was " boom b*tch!!, now you weight 150lbs....your welcome ". And I skipped away.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book