Frustration with doctors

To post a reply, login or signup

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
First I want to say that I apologize if I offend anyone in the healthcare profession. However, I want to ask if anyone else has trouble getting doctors to listen to your concerns. Let me explain, I seem to be able to detect when I am getting sick way in advance of what would be called "normal". Over a month ago I went to see a doctor for pain that I was having, only for him to send me to yet another doctor. After both visits, they told me there was nothing wrong. I got the feeling that they thought it was in my head. Fast forward, I have been feeling terrible for the last two weeks, yesterday so bad I went to urgent care, all to find out that I have a major infection that apparently had been festering for some time. I have all too often had this happen, when I go to the doctor just for them to say nothing is wrong, then it turns into something worse because of not getting the medical attention soon enough :/ Sorry to vent, but if they would have listened to me in the first place I could have totally avoided the last two weeks of feeling totally terrible. Anyone else relate?
updated by @cat-whisperer: 01/29/17 08:23:25PM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
I want to add that I would have went back to the doctor sooner but right now I am working in a very high stress job with long hours and thought that it was just exhaustion from the toxic atmosphere at the office.
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

tough one - if docs cannot measure something there is not much they can do. Not sure if even a erythrocyte sedimentation rate [abbr.: ESR] test would have shown anything yet three weeks back. Google it, and if it might have detected anything, maybe insist on one next time? It would be unethical of them to prescribe antibiotics, without clear signs of a bacterial infection...

I would not get too hung up about it. We can only learn. As such it could be because of stress in the office, so if you get something like it again, maybe it is a sign that you need to do more to cleanse out stress energies etc. at the end of your day - e.g. meditation, exercise, smudging, fresh juices (if you are not doing something already). And with that you can maybe turn the (stress energies) tide, before it overruns you?

Re infections - used to get sick all the time - before I started strong probiotics (e.g. Kefir, Kombucha), and especially high enough dosed Vit D3 - I seem to require about 5000-7000 IU pd, (even though my GP insists 1000 IU pd is a sufficient maintenance dose....)

Or if you think you are getting something bacterial again, try natural antibiotics, like Curcumin + BioPerine, or Clove Caspusles, or Oregano Oil....

Love and Light! and Happy Healing!

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
Thank you for the response. I was taking echinacea, but probably not enogh to fend this off since I am not getting enough rest. I eat yogurt on a regular basis for the probiotics. As for the spiritual side, I take salt baths after getting home from work, that normally does the trick but there is a lot of toxic people at my workplace doubled by the stress of preparing taxes. I wear obsidian, Amithyst, carnilian, hematite and Quartz....depending on what calls to me in the morning. I also ask for protection from Source and guides. I guess it is still not enough. I am rethinking coming back next season to this office, however, it is really good pay.....But my health is probably not worth the pain.Shine on...
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts

I don't think that's something to be swept under the rug....they let the ball drop on that one...2 drs no less...I'd go back and say something...maybe write a letter to voice your concerns....and disappointment....who knows how many people they're sending home the way they sent you home....I don't like drs either...lol...if your not happy with your dr....maybe it's time to find a new one that actually will listen and take you seriously....

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
Definitely not going back, but like Good stated, they cannot diagnose on my word. Wish I could find a doctor that knows and trusts the insight that I have on these matters. Going way off here, but it reminds me of years ago when I went to doctor because I was pregnant, he did exam and swore I wasn't. He asked me how I knew, if I took a test (which I didn't...didn't have to) told him I just knew. He ordered a preg test and all the nurses started giggling because it was positive :)
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

I'd definitely look into Vit D (echinacea, and VitC never did much for me - but there might be personal differences) -

Salt bath are good, just make sure you ask the salt+ water to help you cleanse your energy, communicating might intesigy the process (and ask Spirit for cleansing help too :))

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
Well...it took a trip to a hospital to find the problem that you've had for quite some time and the reason why you went to your doctor in the 1st place...how is it that 2 drs couldn't find the problem and the hospital could?...it doesn't sound right to me...you should make a formal complaint...who knows what these 2 drs are really up too...and maybe they've had more complaints...shouldn't drop it so quickly...i'm glad you got the help you needed and are feeling better ..:)
water_lily
@water-lily
last year
90 posts

I can relate, but Drs. can't give can't diagnose base purely on how people feel, especially if they aren't familiar with you; they have rules they have to follow. I have had primary care doctors that have learned that I know my own body and will trust my instincts a bit more than a doctor that I randomly see once after I am sick; I don't have one now, but that is beside the point. Perhaps talking to people in your area who have primary care doctors who they feel listen to them, and then visit often enough to establish a rapport with them and maybe the doctor will learn to trust your instincts a bit more. In the meantime, I'd agree with Goodenergyhealing. Figure out what keeps you healthy and helps you deal with being sick and use that until your symptoms present themselves in a diagnosable-to-doctors way. I hope you feel better soon!

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Yes, I've experienced this. Don't give up searching for answers, trust your intuition, and pray/meditate for your higher energy to send you what you need.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book