Keeping a Job

To post a reply, login or signup

Rose3
@soralei
last year
49 posts
Is it just me or is it hard to keep a job.Like everyone's emotions runs high and stress and you feel it all.It gets to me.I try not to but I just want to know that I am not alone here.It takes a lot for me not to yell at people or just send bad energy their way we work goes bad.I somehow manage though.
updated by @soralei: 05/18/17 04:37:31AM
Kera
@kera
last year
22 posts

I cannot work due to panic attacks and anxiety (among other things). I wonder if this is related to being an empath? Maybe we absorb too much negative energy. It seems things affect us greater than others.. Hopefully one day I'll be able to overcome this and at least volunteer somewhere.

Rose3
@soralei
last year
49 posts
I can't work in an environment that's too stressful or I have panic attacks as well.I will not do customer service.
last year
159 posts

Had to leave my job last year, I had what can only be called in this world as a `mental breakdown` I was absorbing the emotions of a lad with learning disabilities (a very stressed, angry, confused and anxious individual) it took me a long time to realise my feelings and thoughts were not my own - outbursts and intrusive thoughts, it was a year of hell because I was caring for him every day, all week. - I am now terrified of working in the care industry because of the empathy, the not knowing how to manage it I guess.

Moving to my new job I have had so much stress because of other people and their nasty talking behind backs, gossiping, bullying of coworkers, being overworked.... I have (within four months of being here), fallen out with three people, I have yelled at two of them, told them all I cant stand their nastiness) Its so difficult because I am not a confrontational person (certainly never used to be)....

I have a job interview today, basically the same kind of work `kitchen` - I like to be hidden these days :) Its part time so I can study on the side..... I have no idea if I will meet happy or negative individuals?.... I just know work and being around people for too long is bad for my health and certainly is not advancement of humanity itself - If I had the chance to, I would up and leave civilization, live off the land and live peacefully somewhere in the country

You are definitely not alone :)

Tressa2
@tressa2
last year
4 posts

You have hit the nail on the head with me. I struggle with this issue every day. I work with a bunch of toxic people and I have to clean my energy at least three times a day, sometimes more. I just keep telling myself the negative energy is not mine. I am exploring a different job. Waiting on guidance on this if I should leave or learn to deal. You are not alone in dealing with this situation. Good luck.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
I can soooo relate! I am currently working in CPA firm where there are long hours and high stress. Not only from the clients (if they wind up owing, they take it out on the preparer), but very negative and toxic co-workers. Add no boss at the office to keep all of the craziness in check (satellite office). I am at the point now where I am physically getting ill from the constant inflow of bad energy. Had to miss work today because I just had to have alone time and rest. No amount of grounding, cleansing, praying, smudging, etc can fend off all of the garbage. I thought since discovering I was an empath and learning techniques to manage the influx of energies I would be ok this season but I think this will be my last season at this place. Not worth it!
Rose3
@soralei
last year
49 posts
There are some places you just can't help because it is so bad.I think it's best you find a position where you work alone there or find another job period.
Rose3
@soralei
last year
49 posts
I think with being an empathy whatever makes you feel best and whatever makes you the happiest is the best thing we can do.
Keltybug
@keltybug
last year
21 posts

I recently retired as a private caregiver for people with Alz./dementia. Working with them was a blessing of over 24 years.. But became very close to a lady that different health issues and she stole my heart. I felt nothing but bare bones love from her. And I love her very much. When she died, something in me broke. I have always despised working with the families of my clients... if there was ever a toxic group of people, makes me tired thinking about it.

I took one more job after she passed away and realized I just could not do this anymore. I was eligible for retirement, so took it.. I have to supplement my income... so a friend suggested a job,not in the caregiving field, I applied for it and got it... but during my waiting period, I became more and more anxious. Just so much of it felt WRONG... I did not want to work there...

Another job came up in the meantime, again, not with caregiving, which I won't do again, applied and got the job... I feel content now...I will get to work alone.. have very little interaction with people and am very happy about that....

I loved working with people with Alz. but could not abide the families anymore... so I am happy I followed my gut about the first job, and will be content with the one I am starting... pay attention to how you feel when you are interviewing.... if you are 'listening', you will know it's not the job for you.... I have to work, I would love to stay home and do my art... but, such is life... but am also happy to know I no longer have to put myself in the postion to be drained and stuffed with toxic stuff all day long..... I slept for the first three months of retirement !!! My outlet was nature.. finally felt myself being ME again... I am happy things turned out the way they did and am happy I knew what was not good for me...Thanks for letting me share.

Keltybug
@keltybug
last year
21 posts

I recently retired as a private caregiver for people with Alz./dementia. Working with them was a blessing of over 24 years.. But became very close to a lady that different health issues and she stole my heart. I felt nothing but bare bones love from her. And I love her very much. When she died, something in me broke. I have always despised working with the families of my clients... if there was ever a toxic group of people, makes me tired thinking about it.

I took one more job after she passed away and realized I just could not do this anymore. I was eligible for retirement, so took it.. I have to supplement my income... so a friend suggested a job,not in the caregiving field, I applied for it and got it... but during my waiting period, I became more and more anxious. Just so much of it felt WRONG... I did not want to work there...

Another job came up in the meantime, again, not with caregiving, which I won't do again, applied and got the job... I feel content now...I will get to work alone.. have very little interaction with people and am very happy about that....

I loved working with people with Alz. but could not abide the families anymore... so I am happy I followed my gut about the first job, and will be content with the one I am starting... pay attention to how you feel when you are interviewing.... if you are 'listening', you will know it's not the job for you.... I have to work, I would love to stay home and do my art... but, such is life... but am also happy to know I no longer have to put myself in the postion to be drained and stuffed with toxic stuff all day long..... I slept for the first three months of retirement !!! My outlet was nature.. finally felt myself being ME again... I am happy things turned out the way they did and am happy I knew what was not good for me...Thanks for letting me share.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book