Dumping ground of emotions

To post a reply, login or signup

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts
Does anyone else feel at times like a dumping ground for drama/emotions/problems with their friends or family? And that when you have a problem or something going on, they have no time or make little time to talk to you? Or if they hurt your feelings and you tell them, they turn it around on you saying your being dramatic?I had this with 3 of my friends this week, all have done something to hurt my feelings or won't talk about my stuff. Yet I was there to talk intensely about their divorces, boyfriends, kuds, family ptoblems.
updated by @tigerlily: 01/24/17 07:40:31AM
Melody
@melody
last year
23 posts

Yes!! I've found it is more helpful for me to write in a Dump journal anytime I have been dumped on or if I need to dump because it's impossible for me to communicate with my family about my feelings. But once I've dumped it in the journal I feel lighter. Give it a try!

TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts
So when they have hurt you or say something rude, you don't say "that hurt my feelings?"
Melody
@melody
last year
23 posts

It doesn't serve any purpose. Last time I did that I didn't speak to my mom for about a year. Some people just don't care how we feel. But it's important for us to unload that in some fashion where we don't keep it pent up inside.

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Yep, I agree. That's happening right now actually :/ I hate being used... They don't necessarily call me dramatic, but blame is somehow turned on me, and "winning" becomes more important than "resolution." Hang in there <3 Abusers have typically been abused, which is good to remember..

Arielle
@arielle
last year
13 posts
TigerLily, I think most empaths can relate with the hurt that comes from our own needs not being met by others when we subconsciously are always taking care of others' needs first. It's hard to accept that not all streets go two ways. As Melody mentioned, a journal (or any creative outlet) is a good way of expelling these built up emotions.But you might also try communicating. When your friends call you dramatic, ask them WHY they resort to judging you when you listen to them, judgement free? Ask them if they really believe that you are so perfect that you yourself never feel any negativity. We are all only human, and we all ride the roller coaster of emotional turbulence. If your friends expect otherwise from you, perhaps you need to remind them that you yourself are only made of the same stuff they are. Just because you are a phenomenal listener doesn't mean that every once in a while, you too don't need to share your own turbulence. Always remember that, and don't let other people tell you otherwise.
TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
309 posts
I've tried communicating with the whole "I feel" and "that hurt me" and they don't care. I do like tgat reminder of I'm human too like them. I think I have to figure out better boundaries as well.
Something About Mary
@something-about-mary
last year
9 posts
I've been journaling, & noticed I'm writing in one for dumping all the feelings I pick up throughout my day. Until I'm able to breathe properly & ground myself, am I able to feel refreshed to share what I'm feeling about life.
Something About Mary
@something-about-mary
last year
9 posts
I'm aware my friend(s) aren't able to pick up on my feelings, like I can theirs. I'm not so upset when I'm unable to get the same attention given. It's been more difficult for my good friends at first to comfort me over such a devastating loss. I wasn't able to be open for anyone until I was able to find my comfort, with what I feel, was him letting me know he was okay. I get messages all the time.
Arielle
@arielle
last year
13 posts
You have the right idea, but seem to be struggling putting it into practice. (Though yes, a reminder of being human DOES hit home sometimes!) Do you find there is anything specifically that blocks you from defining these boundaries?

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book