Kit Kat
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
2 years ago
232 posts

Wow, those experiences you've had with the people you've dated sound pretty rough! Sorry to hear about that <3 I'm not sure why we're such magnets for emotional abuse. It seems like you know a lot more than me about these things :) I haven't researched it as much, but I'm always curious.

I'd be lying if I said my emotions haven't been significantly manipulated throughout my life, however I can't really go in depth about it. My sister and I are working toward a healthier lifestyle: we're going to do our best to not "play along." That's one of the best tactics I know of for right now - Keep your cool, keep your dignity, and don't cry, even when they're saying the most hurtful things. Then they don't get that "winning" feeling as much, as well as that "coming back together" feeling that comes with a resolution.

My situation is definitely not anywhere near as bad as it could be.. But emotional abuse really is a terrible cycle. I hope maybe something I said might help!

Kit Kat
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
2 years ago
232 posts

Thanks! Those are great tips! I hope your situation continues to improve as well <3

And I think your child will have it made since you're so aware of what abuse looks/feels like :) We need more parents in the world who can stop patterns of abuse...

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book