New Empath looking for guidance

To post a reply, login or signup

Anna5
@anna5
last year
5 posts
I am new to all of this and just am learning what an Empath is I always wondered why I can feel other peoples emotions and get "vibes" from them and how when People like my kids or Husband are sick and tell me ere symptoms I seem to take the illness or hurt from them .I can pass by a stranger and feel what they are feeling it is mostly negative which I cant understand and it leaves me emotionally drained feeling depressed most days I don't know how to turn it off and on I have read into it and hope to develop or be able to cope with the emotions.
updated by @anna5: 01/11/17 09:33:13AM
Melody
@melody
last year
23 posts

Welcome Anna!

You are one the right path. I too am new to the knowing of what this is and learning how distinguish what is my feelings and those that belong to someone else. You will see many different ways of protecting/shielding yourself and you just have to try a number of different methods and find what fits you. Although it does take time and persistence (i'm still working on it) I do feel lighter just by having the knowledge of what this is and that I am not alone (or a nut case!) I've also learned a lot from the folks here.

Melody
@melody
last year
23 posts

Thank you for the links Tesha. A couple of these I haven't seen and look very interesting and helpful.

Arielle
@arielle
last year
13 posts
Hi Anna! Congratulations on becoming aware! It is a long and arduous journey, but wonderful in its many facets. If you have any specific questions, I can try to help connect the pieces of the puzzle for you.Just remember that your Truest Guide is always yourself. You must protect and know yourself, which, as an empath, can be much more difficult than one might think. We tend to blur the lines between what's best for us and others because we understand all sides. But rarely do we remember our own. Hold onto that knowing and it will help carry you through.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book