to feel or not to feel?

To post a reply, login or signup

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

I'd be interested to hear other empaths' opinions and experiences re this.

I read this interesting, nice comment on another discussion yesterday, it was in the context of a potential grieving process, and she recommend to 'feel' energies, even if difficult - and then letting them go!

Now I am all for 'letting lower vibration energies go'! I do a lot of cleansing work. Living in a big city, and doing healing work - there is potentially a lot of energies passing through.... I do not think I am callous, but I have pretty much stopped looking closely at what passes through. It mostly is not mine anyway, and per my healer and personal code of conduct, I do not do readings - so why would I? I ask the Divine to take those energies off, and from me, as effortlessly as possible (for myself and the energies), and to make the process as painfree as possible (for myself, and the energies). I trust that they are taken in to spiritual rehab, and have the best angel, etc. nurses one could imagine - till they are their good, loving, divine selves again....

Still I played around with the idea of feeling stuff more again last night. It possibly feels as if, when feeling more into a e.g. fear or sadness etc., before cleansing it out, it might make the cleansing out process more effortless? (This might not be the case for all energies, sometimes I get's more psychopathic ones, and the only thing that really works, is getting a lot of help in, and being very assertive!). I wonder if such, more normal/ average fear, depression, stress etc. energies perhaps are more willing to leave when having been properly felt, at least once? Given at least one chance to possibly communicate, what they think they might have to teach us??? (which might obviously be quite irrelevant, if it is not ones own....) Or am I just going too soft again, lowering my defenses, and the next time I get a psycho energy, it can cause more havoc???

Perhaps the opposite argument would be - I often see myself (and possibly Lightworkers/ Empath in general) as kind of the friendly garbage disposal team, for confused/ negative energies off this planet. And the same way I do not expect the (real life) rubbish collectors, to look through my trash bags (nor do I want them to), analyze it, sort it etc. before taking it to the dump, or garbage furnace - we cannot be expected to look at every single negative energy passing through us....? (it can take energy and time after all!)

Sure, if one deals with emotions/energies that are more likely ones own - feeling them, and looking at them might be helpful, it might even help us understand something. But I am more talking about energies that come to us (for whatever reason) - and feeling them, looking at them... (which might only make sense, if in the long run, it might make cleansing process more effortless?)

Love and Light!

updated by @goodenergyhealing: 05/16/17 12:31:51AM
Arielle
@arielle
last year
13 posts
That is a very interesting argument that really, only you hold the answer to. In my case, I believe that, as you said, feeling it once does indeed make the purging process easier. Sometimes I think we attract energies that simply seek recognition before being pushed from their conduit. They come to us knowing we are the gifted seers that might be able to give them acknowledgement before they move on to either whom they came from in a different form, or the "energy rehab" you mentioned. So I can't say definitively, because we are all different and all use different mechanisms for coping with our wonderful gift, but I think that yes, you should let yourself feel what needs to be felt before you release it.
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

thanks Arielle :)

Am still playing around with the whole thing (guess I have been for years). Seems that sometimes it depends on the amount, energy and time available too... Many hours of the day, when having to concentrate on 'outside' things, there is not much choice but to have cleansing and healing processes run in the background :) And feeling negative energies/ emotions just is not as exciting (and pleasant) as feeling positive energies/ emotions - a bit like having to rewatch a bad movie for the thousands time - lol

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

thx Cbxjohn! No, was not talking about personal grief, just referring to another post. No grief here. Talking about day-to-day energy to be dealt with, mostly client related. And the last few months there seem to have been a few large scale energy shifts, with energies all over the place, and possible to large to be felt with me puny body anyway - lol

All the best :)

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I do think others energies can teach us. But I don't go out of my way to fell them all. Sometimes my ugly ego shows up and then someone's energy will flow through me and showing me "this life isn't just about me". What you said about energies trying to communicate , just for a moment. I wonder if that's true. It makes me wonder. I am, I think a pretty stable person with my own emotions. Just the other day I was doing the dishes, looking out the window and "bam" I was in tears. But only for a moment and I knew I had nothing on my mind to cause it and I knew their wasn't mine but after a couple minutes it was gone as quick as it had arrived. Like a wave on the ocean. Then I continued doing the dishes. Not depressed or anything. A lot of people keep these feeling bottled up, refusing to feel them or are in a place or situation at the time that they have to grin and bare it. I suppose the emotion has to go somewhere. They need to be heard or felt so they will calm. That makes sense to me. I stepped out side the other night at 1 am and heard a songbird singing like it was 1 pm. It wasn't a night bird that chirps because a predator is close by it was a song bird. I was so strange to me. But maybe it was doing the same thing. Maybe it felt is wasn't being heard during the day.
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

I think that ultimately we only want to feel our own energies/feelings/sensations - to understand what they are telling us, because each (and everything we experience in our life) has a message for us.

I do not think it is our business to be dealing with another's energies, problems, etc. We each need to deal with our own. Anything else is avoidance. Releasing negative energies is only temporary relief for the individual, but it does show them what relief feels like, so they may seek to understand, accept, empathize, and let go of their unwanted energies when they are ready :)

Until you are certain which energies are yours and which come from outside you, you may wish to "dip your toe" in the energy pool to determine if you have any involvement in the energy, and if so, what part do you play?

You are right that we can learn from energies that we do not consider ours. This is because our reality (we each have our own) is a reflection of our inner world. The outside mirrors our inside. So what we do and see in our world can tell us something about us...if we are willing to listen :)

Only take on what you can handle.

Loving light~

Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
last year
82 posts

I think one should feel one's own emotions, and then let them go, in the natural course of things.

But other people's energies/emotions?! No! That is one sure way to get them to hang around and become difficult to cleanse/shed, in my experience. I take enough time to discern, not mine!, and try not to dwell at any great length on whose/how/when?, these days.

I tend to get stuck with stuff if I pay too much attention to it before poofing it out. If it's mine (it usually isn't) I trust it will come back!

Eva
@eva
last year
13 posts
I truly believe that surpression leads to regression. If we do not feel, we are not alive. Things like anger are secondary emotions and if you allow yourself a moment to feel it and understand it only then can you transform it. Even those rare sociopathic thoughts have their purpose. Understand why you feel it and you will also understand that you will not act upon it because you know right from wrong. Living sheltered or "in hiding" is holding your true self back. Fear is also a good emotions to feel and understand because it keeps you guarded and shielded it's own way when you transform it. That is the key, having control of your emotions and control over transforming them into something constructive. And recognizing your energy field and when somebody is intruding on it should make you react accordingly. But that's just my opinion. A good example: I work with traumatized dogs. People tend to protect them from anything that scares them. I on the other hand know that if an animal is panicking in a situation where there is no need to panick you let them ride it out. Once they reach the peak of their panick and realize nothing bad is happening, they slowly start coming back to their senses and the fear subsides.
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

not sure if it is all over London - but the birds round where I live often sing like crazy during the middle of the night. 3:23am now, and they are just having a chirp off out there ;) (maybe it is all those Cinderella energies I try to create in and around the house - lol)

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

thanks for all the answers so far - much appreciated :)

julia_paris
@julia-paris
last year
9 posts

Hey Goodenergyhealing,

It is a very interesting question you put under the light... I 'm a healer too, and from my humble experience if it 's show to us the pain of others it is because we are healer, and when we cross their way their soul call us for help even if the persone is closed to healing with energy you know. I think the more we are distant and accept this the more it become easier to deal with this. I also live in a big city and I decided to move to another place, with more trees. It's ok here, I live in a beautiful place, let's be honnest huge cities are kind of toxic... So I think to go to a place where it is a more harmonious environement. If I had one advice would be to spend more time in nature to balance this environement of yours... LIght, peace & love.

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

thanks Julia.

Nature is pretty far away, but Hyde Park is near (and it seems that the trees have switched on now to help us humans channel Light in, and crap energy out. Well, my intuition at least). Love and Light!

Gem
@gem
last year
220 posts
I've never been able to freeze off the ability to feel (I've tried at times) I was getting much better at grounding which helped a lot, I seem to really struggle to ground when trauma occurs though..wish I could find a way to make it work during the times I need it most.BlessingsGem x
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

I ask Earth energies to me, and I trust that they are big and strong enough to overcome whatever a human might encounter. It does not mean that I always 'feel' it, but I am confident it is there, and if something does manage to come in between, Earth energies will remove it, and then heal it - so through the disconnection healing occurs :). The disconnect feeling can still be uncomfortable, but at least I can wear my healer martyr hat ;)

Gem
@gem
last year
220 posts
It's worth a try, I'll give it a go during meditation. Thanks :)
PeaceOnEarth
@peaceonearth
last year
32 posts
I agree - I have to feel the emotion to let it go, otherwise I'm just sweeping it under the carpet.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book