Needing Guidance

To post a reply, login or signup

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
*caution * do not feel too hard due to my bad vibsHow can a person take part or claim to be part of a religious group that puts blame or shame on people? How is it so easy to inflect pain on another just because they don't fit their qualification? Why is it that because I don't sing in s Sunday choir but sits quietly by myself with my pretty little stones and I'm deemed the devil. My friend likes guys so he's of the devil. My friend colors her hair very blonde and wears a lot of makeup and she a she-devil. Another friend calls herself a naturalist instead of a pagan or Wiccan because the people around her wouldn't understand. Why is the people in church too afraid to stand up and confess their sins in front of God because they know they will be the talk of the town? I'm sorry for all the negativity but it hit me like a band of lotus tonight. It brought me to tears. How has mankind not killed each other off yet. They hate one other so much. The abuse animals and childern. This is why I want to run and hide.
updated by @rene: 01/09/17 02:23:24AM
Tesha Johnson
@tesha-johnson
last year
11 posts
I wish we had the answers to these questions I have found myself asking this a lot lately unfortunately people like to point fingers rather then taking the blame for their own actions. I hope this helps in some way....
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Tesha, thank you. Yes, I does help. Alot of people face some kind of inflected pain each day by another person or group and some have to take medication just to cope with this pain when there is actually nothing wrong with them but the world around them. And I would like to say " rid your would these people" but it's almost impossible because there everywhere.
Melody
@melody
last year
23 posts

Organized religion is strongly rooted in politics and power. It is always good and evil. It is about being judged and having a square box that defines life. A round peg that doesn't fit in a square box doesn't belong in their eyes. To me the round peg has lived more of an individual life than that of the pack and is then open to more of the world and able to have a more fulfilled life. This is why I cannot be active in a organized religion. I have my beliefs and I know what I feel and see. I do not feel the need to be judged by others to know if what I am doing is right or wrong. All you can do is live a positive life and let them stay in their square box. It is our uniqueness that gives us life.

Blessings of Love and Light to you and your friends :-)

Tesha Johnson
@tesha-johnson
last year
11 posts
Rene', glad u could help it us sad but true about the medication for so long they had me on it after I stopped taking it I knew what was going on with me it wasn't that I was depressed it was and is me picking up on everyone else
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Wow. It's like you wrote my feeling. It's though a struggle sometimes when you know you can help but I don't have the blessings from the church so I try to help from a distance. Sending love and light. If that makes sense.
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I only took meds once for a short period and it calmed my spirit a little to much. I think maybe a sign that it wasn't for me. I know some has to have it in order to deal. You do what you have to, to survive. Just wish I could change the worlds heart...
Melody
@melody
last year
23 posts

That makes perfect sense. Follow your spirit. It is your true guide.

LaoG
@laog
last year
137 posts

well zealots may be like that because they want some 'meaning' or a 'place to belong' possibly because they felt alone for a while. also division is so active because group mentality (us vs them) is what helped people survive in the wild. some people are lonely, and want to fit in a 'box' others are still mentally in the wild. but what you put about the make up doesn't make sense to me lol i do not think that is against anything in the bible it says women should dress modestly but make up and hair isnt like stripping and also Esther clothed and adorned herself pretty thoroughly when she was queen. i am not christian but if its bothering you that much try telling them matthew 23:4 if they bug people over stuff that isn't 'sin' according to their belief. i did something like that in a church they couldnt say anything just moved on

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Lol. No I wasn't referring to the bible about the make up. I have a very beautiful friend that wears a lot of makeup (but is beautiful with it also) but it looks good on her but due to some females that either don't wear it or don't know how to wear is so very jealous and makes this lady feel bad about herself. She is beautiful from the inside out.I am spiritual and also a child of God but my God is Love so if that disqualifies me from their box then so be it. I am Rene' , everyday.Yes my spirituality has been tested but the smile on my face says "you really don't know, do you". And yes they walk away I just hate to see good people living false lives and inflicting pain for no reason
Very Old Spirit
@very-old-spirit
last year
1 posts
Hi. I am new here so please forgive my simplicity, I believe most people are afraid of things that are different or sometimes more afraid of what may be buried within themselves that they see in others. Odd to say but for them to manifest their dislike or rebuke is as natural for them as it is for others to be different. So try not to be sad, maybe your recognition of the situation puts yourself on a higher level of understanding and that is to be celebrated as it is natures balance. Just a guess on my part.
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I also think people think there is safety in numbers so they cling to the closest thing or group that has an explanation their mind can except. And I also guess their gifts arnt the same as mine so therefore I have to be fake. Lol. What ever it is, I have become pretty comfortable in my skin Hello very old spirit. Welcome
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

From my experience there is loads of different humans, on loads of different levels (levels of how close they are to their true individualized divine nature), and tons of different ways to be confused in some way. Sometime people who are similarly confused come together, or are drawn to a place/ organization etc.

I am not christened, but my upbringing is basically christian, and I sang in church choirs a lot (as a boy). I cannot say that I ever observed what you describe, in the churches I attended in Germany, but I would not be surprised if they are such in Germany too. And obviously I was young and pretty naive during my church years... Is there no other congregation you could join? You might find that another congregation is totally different, more accepting etc. Maybe interview the priest before you join another one etc?

Faith is a funny thing. I guess most faithful will feel 'oneness' to a certain degree, when attending e.g. a church. Oneness is a great feeling, especially on this planet, where 'separation' can be so harsh in normal life. Now if someone tells such people, that they are only allowed to feel more 'oneness' if they believe such, and such - gays are of the devil etc., some get so scared that they might lose oneness if they do not follow those rules, that they obey them unquestioningly.... Takes a lot of love, possibly assertiveness etc - to help such people change their understandings. And sometimes we just have to be an example to them - not live by their rules, live our truth, but still be happy, and (in the long run) apparently not forsaken by the Divine....

Love and Light!!! (this website might cheer you up - http://www.godhatesshrimp.com/)

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Thank you.
Bing
@bing
last year
547 posts

Hi Rene

There is no need for anyone to be between you and our creator. Organized religion is all about power and control. I was raised as a Catholic and like all religions they don't like people who ask questions. I had to leave them behind.The comedian George Carlin has an excellent album called " Class Clown" that explains this very well. I started doing research at 15 and that was 50 years ago. Hell was invented at the Second Council of Constantinople in 553 AD. It didn't exist before that and is a device to keep people in line. It was decided to invent Hell so that the clergy could keep themselves in a job. The bible was invented by the Catholic Church and does not include all of the books of knowledge of some of the other disciples. I can send you links to those books if you would like to read them. The devil is a version of the nature deity Pan who used to be a good guy until "they" decided that they needed a bad guy. According to "The Urantia Book" Lucifer was a highly evolved spirit in charge of a vast number of planets who let power go to his head. He was removed from his position and replaced. The dark side of humanity is much more evil than any alleged dark spirit. I work with angels and they are very highly evolved spirits of Light and help me to help others. You can bring them into your life if you wish. There is a topic at the Library of Light called "Archangels and You" that has a lot of information on angels. This world is the darkest planet in the universe and has very dense energy. We have just recently crossed a threshold to a higher frequency due to the work of Lightworkers like yourself who have volunteered to come here to this world at this time to elevate the levels of Light, Life and Love. I am including a prayer that was given to me by the Archangel Uriel. It is called Be The Light.

Be the Light

Be the Light in all that you think.

Be theLight in all that you say.

Be the Light in all that you do.

Be the Light and shine the way.

I am also including a link to a topic from the Library of Light that you may find helpful.

I Deserve / Be The Light

I always use the following thought before I say anything that might not be of the Light. It is called THINK

Is it:

Truthful

Helpful

Inspirational

Necessary

Kind

If it is not any of the above perhaps it is a good thing to keep it to ourselves.

Unfortunately we cannot force people to Awaken as that is an interference in their free will. All that we can do is to live a life of goodness and teach by our examples. Do not fear and know that there is now much Light energy flowing into this world at this time. The old ways will not go away tomorrow, but they are going to fade away as the old Fear based thinkers are replaced by people such as ourselves. I see that you are an American so one thing that you can do to make this world a better place is to register to vote in the upcoming election. That in itself will do a lot to help the rest of the world. It really matters to the rest of us whom you elect asyour next president. It is hard to be here and to observe what is happening. I will include you in my daily prayers.

Throw some love into the wind.

Bing

last year
159 posts

Dare I be so bold here? :)

Religion (westernized especially) is a man made hateful form of control, its (as someone else states here, a political agenda and always has been) - History alone proves its destruction, destitution and brutal annihilation of races, cultures and civilizations.

The warped belief of believing in the son of god or god is a saving of your soul for eternity while unbelievers (and those who have not even heard of the westernized god) will suffer eternity in hell....

Deary me... Well anyone who knows me here knows I am non religious yet have a fascination with biblical text, I study it in depth and translate the stories from its original text (Aramaic / Hebrew) where possible, provide metaphorical and/ or etymological conclusions :) - Not stating I am an expert and must be heard, but, I like to think I am interesting lol :)

There is not one passage within scripture that demands a going to any church (in fact the only temple entered in passage Mathew 21:12 by the metaphorical Jesus, was not to worship but to trash in a tantrum within his disgust)..... Christianity! Well, its pretty grotesque in many forms, you are not allowed to read scripture and make up your own mind, cannot question what does not make sense and are not allowed at any time to see outside of the box or you are going to suffer for eternity for daring to., because you allowed yourself to be influenced by the devil......

It is further grotesque concerning worship of an image that expresses torment and pain momentarily prior to an excruciating death (crucifixion) This all explained away concerning a must to remember you are not important only Jesus is.... Problem is, his teachings are actually quite beautiful but, so lost in translation of man made religion :(

Very warped, as are those who devout themselves to deeming non believers as doomed - I could go on for hours concerning meanings and what The Christ Mind actually represents but, you have not asked me to :)

Your questions. How can a person take part or claim to be a part of a religious group that puts shame or blame on people?

A person, or people collectively are so confused within the conditioning of religion that they have no real understanding of what is morally right or wrong - If it does not fit within given passages they have been subjected to understand as the preacher demands then they cannot view it any other way - blame and shame are brutal attributes that destroy someones self worth, better theirs than the worth of the one blaming and shaming.

How is it easy to inflict pain on another just because they don`t fit their qualification?

Preacher, Doctor, Scientist, Parliamentary status etc..... All are arrogant beliefs studying a certain subject makes you the expert and it is stated so on paper. if you dont have that paper saying you are qualified then you are thick to the subject...

Truth is humanity (however you believe it was created) advanced mentally without any university, education..... The original clever clogs throughout history were the ones born of nobility or devoted them selves to religion... they had opportunity and the coin to learn.... no different to today.

A qualification is merely those in power stating you have learned it the way they conditioned you to learn it.... Anyone anywhere has the intelligence to learn anything they want in a more freedom of all aspects sense.... Not having spent thousands and having it on paper just means your intelligence is ignored :) So the true answer to this question is mere `arrogance`

Stones that come from this beautiful planet (that the christian believes only their god made) are deemed devil stones...... Goodness me

Homosexuals are sadly always going to be an easy target - It says in scripture man should not lie with another man - Bizarrely in the same passage it also says man should not judge another man so the contradictive hate filled anti gay christian is doing none other than breaking a rule from the same stone (metaphorically speaking)

Dying hair and Make up (my goodness, this is a very strict church)

I kind of understand why people don`t confess their `sin` (better described as `mistakes`) in fear of being talk of the town though.... Mistakes, upsets (unless as a deliberate means to hurt another) etc are no one else`s business but your own and all the judgmental arses can do one when it comes to what the church deems as sinful.

How has mankind not killed eachother off yet? - Its trying its hardest - and has killed off many to date :(

I do not blame you for wanting to run and hide - Depending on your situation, is there any chance you can get away from your current surroundings, even if for a short break?

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Thank you Bing. Yes, please send me the link. I have tried for some years to find out more about this. But, of course, my resource is Google and isn't much help if you don't know exactly what your looking for. I am registered to vote but had decided not to because of the people who is running. It's like a no win situation or picking the lesser evil. Thank you
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I thoroughly enjoyed your post. Sometimes when I post it come out sounding untactful so please do not take offence in my question If your not religious then why is the bible so fascinating to you or is this just one of many fascination of literature ?
last year
159 posts

Hi Rene`

Why is the Bible so fascinating to me (not offended in the slightest and I know what you mean, I worry about how I come across, always worry I sound arrogant as if I think I know it all - I do not )

Lol Well, there`s my eccentricity :)

`That` and all ancient text, culture, wisdom...

The Bible for me is probably the most amazing book (collective of books) ever written that millions believe to be the everything the key to life is... yet is read only in a manner of a preacher/religion teaches it to be - I am me, I question everything, so when told not to question it I can only question the why I cannot question....

As a kid I read a lot, had a children`s picture bible of Jesus` parables and loved the stories, at fifteen I lived with a Christian foster family for approximately six months - a very impressionable time for me, needed to belong so adapted the christian beliefs somewhat..... None of it really made a lot of sense God being unconditionally loving yet had a hell awaiting for sinners, the passage in which God speaks of being a Jealous God always confused me, the hypocrisy!!

Over the years my interest in ancient cultures, civilizations and wisdom has led to a huge realization that the bible is merely a rendition that reflects every religious belief system - joining the dots in so many ways.

Being written in English but, from Aramaic to Greek to Latin then to English of course so much had to be lost in translation.... My attempts to read from original script has been difficult but, I have managed to here and there - esp singular words that make no sense as written today - The apple in Eden for example (There is no apple the English term is `fruit`) - disobeying God by eating a fruit made no sense, how can fruit teach you good and evil etc..... The original term used in Hebrew/Aramaic is ZRH and Greek translation `Zerah` actually translates as `Seed` and this becomes apparent when Eloah (God) uses the term `Spread your fruit and multiply` he speaks of spreading the seed of life to procreate

To put the story in context of which Genesis is the book of creation - Genesis is Genes, is Genetics.... Human creation..... The seed of life begins to paint a whole new scene and understanding of what is actually being taught regarding this fruit that became the original sin of innocence lost to humanity.

There is no eating of an apple nor any other fruit... here we have a story in which totally changes into the loss of innocence in a very literal term. The Serpent (original term `Nakash` meaning the shining one/the enlightened one - wise beings all over the planet describes as sepentine) has enticed and lured Eve into an act of which procreation begins as - of which `The bad seed Cain` is a result.... Once Eloha learns of the act he immediately places `enmity` between man and beast so this act could not happen again (why do this concerning eating a fruit?).... The discovery of being naked makes no sense unless the story is read in this way also.

Whether people read the bible as the word of God or otherwise there is (for me at least) a need to understand what I am reading. The Bible for me is definitely a book to read properly it holds amazing stories that I have come to believe are true, not so much as a literal truth of people and places but, of a meaning of who we are, where we come from and what we are capable of.

I see no religion within the bible, I see stories of human consciousness and human failures to be learned from - I could go on for hours deciphering biblical stories and metaphors... I hope I have not offended you and your beliefs in any way? :)

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Oh no. I have learned along ago to not ask questions if I can not withstand the answer. What you say is truth. That's exactly what the bible is. It's up to the individual who's reading it to determain what it means to them personally. And when preached incorrectly you get what we have now. Men judging men.I "think" (and please forgive me in saying this) the Bibles purpose was to control (even by God) As we can see , it worked beautifully on most but you got that bunch of crazies (lol) that know there is more to it than just a pulpit with a stained glass window behind it with Christ imbedded into it. So much more than a social scene. We, as spiritual beings , don't need a man to stand in front of us to tell us his take on the scriptures meaning or how we should live when I have more empathy in my little finger than he has probably experience in his life time. I'm in charged of my on mind and Journey and if church is not one of my "highway over look attractions" on my journey they that's ok because the Devine is with me. (The Devine being what or whoever name(s) you want to call it) I was told by an old minster lady I have gifts of the Holy Ghost and to hold my head high and use them for the good. Idk about that but I do know people like us do have abilities others don't because if everyone had them the world would be a nicer place to visit....take care
cplove33
@cplove33
last year
19 posts

i got so mad at the news one night, i jokingly gave it up for lent (im only a good girl 6 wks out of the year!!!). i was raised roman catholic but think outside the box on religion, so i consider myself more spiritual than anything. your concerns are real. the world has become a very angry and hostile place. i find as i scroll through facebook and see the various postings and videos i get overwhelmed with disgust. the racism, the hatred, the general unkindness towards one another is horrendous. when did we get like that as a society? i have always lived in mixed neighborhoods, and never had issues with friends or neighbors. i don't see color in a person, i just see them. and there are times i have felt like i needed to prove i wasn't a racist by being extra nice...i resented that. (((sigh)))

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I live in the south so I know exactly what your talking about. I also don't see color either and I wonder when is this going to stop. It has gotten extremely worse in the past 7 years. It seems like the government has split us down the middle again and it's nonsense. Hatred runs deep. If there was something I could do to change the past, I would. I did raise my sons in an non racist involvement but it takes every parent to doing this to change the world.I don't watch the news because of that very reason. I can hardly watch the commercials. So much death, ugliness and greed on earth it's overwhelming. So many hateful people, so many hearts in pain. So sad
Bing
@bing
last year
547 posts

Hi Rene

Here is a link for the Huffington Post's "Good News" online newspaper.

Huffington Post

Throw some love into the wind.

Bing

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book