Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
968 posts
Hi...my question to you is...why do you read it if it makes you upset?..what draws you there?...Do you really need to read stuff that makes you upset?...you have a choice...either read it or don't...that's the same with people you encounter.. if they're saying stuff you don't like...walk away....your choice...I know how I am...I know the world has lots of flaws....and I know lots of people are not easy to be around...always my choice who I choose to associate with....if I choose to talk to someone I gotta accept it was my choice to be there instead of doing the sensible thing and tune them out or be somewhere else...if I was you i'd keep away from all that for a while and air your energy out....stop feeding your anxiety and find stuff that make you feel good...
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
968 posts
You ARE meant to spread positivity...we all are...that doesn't mean you have to ingest negativity...you don't NEED to point out all the negative stuff to people...we already KNOW about it...lol...so...take a break...learn how to be positive without swimming in negativity everyday...I limit my exposure to maybe a newspaper left on my bus...I don't buy it..I find out about stuff maybe later than everyone else...or by word of mouth...I don't need to hear about crappy stuff every single day...and I walk away from negative ppl unless I have no other option...again...you chose how much exposure you want...anyway...there will always be negativity...you can only control what you do with you...not what other people do or say....choosing the sites that you feel good about and dumping the rest is a good thing..good for you to do...that's a positive action in your favor....anyway...just take a step back and look after you...that's more important...being an empath makes me like a sponge...the negative stuff seems to sink down to my bones if I'm exposed to it too much...it's good to know stuff...just not all at once...lol...
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
968 posts

Ya..I think that would be a good thing...we all go through this....being empathic gives us a whole different perspective on this negativity thing...it can actually cause physical discomfort and pain....learning how to protect yourself and take care of yourself so you can withstand and manage it all...make yourself stronger...that should be 1st on your list...not them...it's ok to look after yourself...you can always go back and give it another shot...just space it out....lol...I have to cut myself off even from this site if I feel over stimulated with energy....I come back when I'm feeling better...

Visitor
Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

Kera, I can totally relate to you. I spend a lot of time online because I'm unemployed, which is depressing in itself. I try to avoid looking at the news, which is almost always horrible.

Staying positive is a 24-hour job. You have to actively look for positive news. On Facebook I subscribe to the Good News Network - there's tons of good news on it, believe it or not. There are cute animal videos. There are ASMR videos on YouTube (check them out). There are always things to do that aren't negative.

You need to avoid negative people. Those people who tell you to grow up - cut them out of your life. They're going to tear you apart if you let them. When I was younger I surrounded myself with negative people and tried to cure them, or at least argue with them. Since then I've cut them all out of my life. I realized that they were getting enjoyment out of hurting me, and I was getting some kind of sick enjoyment out of arguing with them.

It's a long process and I'm still in the middle of it. But I'm far less anxious and my self-esteem is a lot higher. I don't know why the world is so messed up. All I can do is protect myself by tuning out. You can't change it all. And you have to heal yourself first. That's just how it works. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but that's all I've got - for now.

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
968 posts

It may not actually be a "mental breakdown"...it may be your receiving too much of other peoples' emotions...overloaded and haven't been able to pinpoint what the problem is....some of your anxieties and depressions may actually be from others...mood swings...etc...work places are the worst...haven't been cleansed of negative energy....and being cooped up in a stale environment along with unhappy people who have never cleaned their own energy...you would be overloaded and would come across as being anxiety or depression...but not yours...just something for you ro think about...it's no surprise to me your having a tough time with working...most of us have that very same problem....I could never work in an office building...or for long periods with other people...lol...it may seem odd I drive a bus...mega people...but they get on the bus then get off and take their energy with them....lol...

Bookworm
Bookworm
@bookworm
2 years ago
94 posts
Karen is very wise! Haha you should listen to her :)Seriously though you already have some good replies - it is very natural to feel you want to spread your positivity and message of loveI personally really identify with what you said about hating how materialistic our world has becomeBut number 1 thing to remember is - you cannot help anyone until you take care of you first. Sounds clich but sometimes they're true, and this one definitely is!Second thing to remember is - you can't make people change - you may be able to help some people find their way, or find a better path. But in the end we all have to learn our own lessons, and that's not a bad reflection on you, if you're not the one to help someone - maybe they're not ready, maybe you're not the right person to help them get there - could be lots of reasons. But stop beating yourself up for not having all the answers! Accept yourself and you'll find it much easier to find the peace and strength you need to help those you ARE able to help!Hope that makes you feel a little better at least :) xx

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book