How do you feel about Emo's

To post a reply, login or signup

Rose3
@soralei
last year
49 posts

I have wondered this since high school.I never understood and most people don't know what an emo is.Most people say it's an emotional person or means emotive.When honestly it's an angsty teen who is depressed and doesn't want to feel anything and is heavily medicated and addicted to drama.Who usually want to die and/or hurt themselves or worse.

In the mid 90's there was a hardcore/emocore movement which was known as Emotive Hardcore.Lead by Rites of Spring as a way to break off and start their own sound.The term was used a put-down for those who listened to it.It was something no one wanted to be called.It was the movement after grunge.

It just makes me very irritated when someone calls themselves an emo.If anyone is an emo it's an empath we feel everything while they feel nothing and don't want to.Granted some empaths can get this way,but I have never seen an emo empath.Which I find very curious I haven't even really seen the words used together.Which I find hard to believe.It's just aggravating me and I need a more peaceful understanding perspective.

Sorry if this post feels bad I have been talking to a lot of teens lately.

updated by @soralei: 02/22/17 01:29:08AM
Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

Teens can be such lost people, and many of them have no mentors (or very poor ones).

When I think "emo", I think spiky blue hair, lots of goth makeup, and black clothing. Adults are just as bad - they throw around words like narcissistic, borderline, autism spectrium, anti-social, bipolar, and sociopath, like they were card they drew out of a pile.

dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
last year
55 posts

The difference, I think, between emo's and empaths, is attitude. Emo's are very wrapped up in themselves and their feelings. They have a pessimistic view of humanity and the world. Empaths are able to understand other people's emotions, and generally have the want to help people. We also have a better understanding of the nature of people and their actions.

Are emo's empaths? Sure! They probably haven't realized it yet and are stewing in everyone's emotions, not realizing all they've picked up. Are all emo's empaths? Nah. Some people just enjoy being miserable, or the black sheep, or 'realistic.'

Make sure you cleanse yourself! Dealing with teens can certainly be taxing!

Dice
@dice
last year
284 posts

They are stuck in a place trying to find a way through it. I havebeen through this in my personal life with a child and will tell you that they need someone to show them. They are often gifted in many ways, but no positive outlet to direct it to.Others I have worked withhad very different situations. Thepast few years were hard.. but I am not the type to give up that easily. Helping them to find a way to use their talents will often open up a whole other world.

In the situation I dealt with it came from an emotionally abusive situation that resulted in a feeling of no hope. This is unacceptable and those individuals have much to offer the world around them. I did not quite understand it.. but charged into it with everything I have to make change. As you know.. many empaths will try to change the environment because they do not like the way it feels. This was true in my situation and still is.

This generation want to be heard. They tire of a system that is not working but also need to see that there is a world out there that needs them.When they feel shut off from the world they cannot learn about interaction with others.. how to cope.Not all will respond depending on whothey are, butmany are just looking for something to be apart of when they do not fit in anywhere else.That is the best I can describe it.

There is always hope, but sometimes just need smaller steps and support to find the "red door".

Peace

Dice

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
The first time I seen the word star seed I thought Emo. I don't know a lot about either but I have known a few emos.
LaoG
@laog
last year
137 posts

I think emos can be empaths for sure I mean when you sense a lot of malice and ill will that nobody else does and if you are living an isolated lifestyle then you can become pretty self-depreciating cynical and negative. It is possible also that they are empaths and feel what you describe as 'nothing' only because they have reached their emotional limit so the emotions they experience are stored away in the subconscious since they literally are so hypersensitive they would overload if they allowed themselves to feel them.

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

This describes how I was as a teen. I didn't know of the term until now. I am no longer this person. I am a highly spiritual being now, very connected to everything and empathic and gifted.

In hindsight, I don't know what caused the flux of depressed teens during that time, other than a change in human emotional evolution, but based on my experiences, "emos" are unaware empaths. They do/did not know that they are special, spiritual beings, and/or may deny their true selves, likely because there wasn't much support for the emphatically gifted back then. It's hard to be a minority. It's easier to embrace oneself when there is a basis of understanding, social, environmental, and societal support, especially family support.

Sometimes it's a matter of sink or swim, of learning through experience, and having compassion for what we don't (yet) understand :)

We can be anything we want to be. Life is what we make of it. We can create further separation, or we can try to understand our "enemy". Only through love is there growth. Everything else is not conductive to a positive world or a positive existence.

Peace and love~

Rose3
@soralei
last year
49 posts
Now that I think about as a teen I was a bit of an emo.I was angry and depressed.I didn't harm myself.I usually just felt anger and misunderstood.Everything felt negative the spirits around me were dark.I waso drawn to people like me but they never found a way out.They got stuck in that darkness and relished in it.
dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
last year
55 posts

Attention seekers also like to write in all caps.

Rose3
@soralei
last year
49 posts
Most of the emo's I have met have been like that.Now I understand that emo's can be empaths who are not ready to embrace their gifts.
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

That's good. You're a survivor. We all are. We're surviving a world not conductive to people who have a strong conscience/intuition, a good heart, honesty and integrity, morals and values, independence and freedom, creativity and genius, unique talents and skills, empathic and gifted...but the fact that we're struggling means we're growing stronger. Just because there appears to be no forward movement, the trying itself is building strength, stamina, and character in us. We are becoming sensitive warriors, albeit quietly for some :) The world is growing the best army of goodness before our very eyes, and the numbers grow each day...each time an empath realizes (or can no longer deny) their true self :)

Kudos to you for standing alone. It's not easy being a pioneer. I've felt the same way. But it's all good. We're not all that different and we're all making a difference :)

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
Well ..you know...I ,as an Empath , I feel sympathy for them if they are feeling down. I don't have much of a choice. "Emos" are very out spoken in their appearance because they are "emos" just like Gothics and rednecks Ect ... It's their thing. The group together just like we have on this forum because we are alike and can understand each other. Some cut and do drugs but if your profiling then you got it wrong. There are emos on this forum and I hope you didn't hurt them cause they really don't need to be hated upon just because someone doesn't feel what they feel. I feel it all and can not judge someone for their outer appearance. It's what's in their heart. That's what I feel. I don't know to say I'm happy for you because you do not feel pain as I do or I'm sad for you because you don't feel pain like I do. They cut to release pain. Others cry or drink or do drugs or other unhealthy things to releases pain. You don't have to be an emo to try suicide. And if it's an attempt for attention then.,, they have my undivided attention.I can ponder all day wondering why people are the way they are and all I know is they weren't born that way unless they are someone like the star seeds which I no nothing about so no offence if you are a star seed.But those of us that are earth bound , someone or something has caused our pain.Being an Empath is not my only gift and I have to say I feel someone has caused your pain and I'm sorry for your pain.Please don't judge someone even if you do feel their pain. We were put here to heal not hurt.And by the way, you can thank my guides for that heart felt comment because before I got a grip on my pain and empathy , I had an anger problem. That's how I released my pain. With that being said ..I hope your day smiles for you.
Rose3
@soralei
last year
49 posts
I just learned how to filter really well.I feel other emotion if I choose to.If it's negative I move through it or push it back.Sometimes I purify it.I have worked years to achieve this ten long years.It's like a nice break.Also starting to think some empaths feel certain emotions easier then others.I usally feel depression,anger,and playfulness the most.It's all thanks to my guide never a day I don't learn something new about myself or my gift.As for emo's you have to want to get better.I don't help people who don't want to help themselves.I have done it before.I move on to those who need and want it.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book