Being an Empath is truly a gift :)

To post a reply, login or signup

Daydra
@daydra
last year
172 posts

Hello my friends it's been a while since I've posted in the main discussion forum :) I hope everyone is having a lovely day. I have really grown since I made my first post, I believe it was summer of 2015 and since then I've come to learn so much about myself. I've come to understand that being an empath as it's called is truly a gift. What I've come to realize is we are all empaths (emotional beings) able to feel others emotions, energy, vibration which in a sense is all one in the same thing. I've come to understand this not only interacting with others who have gone through that first stage of realization as well which I believe a great amount of us have gone thorough which is '' Omg I'm not crazy and I know now that the emotions I'm feeling is not mine what a relief'' What I'm now realizing is that everyone on the planet is an "empath" but some have just not fully awaken to the idea of it as yet but more and more people are "waking up" and what does waking up really mean? I believe all that means is people are remembering who they really are that they are more than these physical bodies. What has come to help me in terms of knowing the difference between my emotions and others is always being aware of how I'm feeling and my aim is to always feel happy and joyful no matter what situation I'm in. Being in control of your own emotions helps you determine if the emotions you are feeling is yours or someone else. It takes a lot of practice but it does pay off :) I hope sharing this bit of information with you may have helped any new empaths who are just starting out on the journey. Also feel free to comment below if you have any questions for me or if you'd like to better understand something. I love to help and share :) Love the beautiful person you are my friends you are a beautiful gift <3

Love and Light xxxx Namaste

updated by @daydra: 07/22/17 12:07:09PM
Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

Thank you, Daydra. It is a gift, but I wish I'd known that when I was five. I wish they'd had empath classes for kids like me, and that '60s and '70s were not a hotbed of Freudian mother-blaming nurture-versus-naturists. We were born with this gift and we need to be trained from birth to use it properly. I wasted a lot of time in my life thinking I was just a depressive loser. I'm changing things around now. Thanks for letting me whine, though.

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Love this post, Daydra. I agree that being an empath is a gift. It's awakening to our true nature, so we're more advanced on the humanity timeline :)

I consider the awakening of a soul is a very personal and subjective transition/process. It is different for each soul! And that's the beauty of it :) It's a beautiful unfolding of a butterfly from a caterpillar...of a seed blossoming into a tree...of a lotus emerging from the muck and learning to fly... ;)

For some souls, it takes a day to happen (like Eckhart Tolle). For others, it takes weeks (like Buddha). For others, it takes a few decades (like Jesus). For some it takes thousands of years (like us humans :) ).

It is essentially a spiritual evolution, in my opinion, the waking up, the realizing that there is more to life than the daily grind and everything else that goes along with trying to find answers for our existence.

When, in reality, it's okay to not know why we're here or even who we are or our individual purpose or the meaning of life or if there is a God or if there is such a thing as evolution or if the big bang happened or...

It's okay to not know, to not understand. It's okay to just be. To enjoy our time here. To not know the future. To not have a plan.

It's all good and okay, just as is. And so are we :)

Peace and love~

Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
last year
82 posts

Not to be argumentative, as that seems to be how you read me, Lotusfly, but I do feel it necessary to point out the following:

Jesus took an unknown amount of time to become the greatest healer the world has ever known - not to become 'awakened'. I think you've sold the Buddha a bit short, also.

The 'awakening' of an empath (which I find a dubious concept) is not in any way the same as the great enlightenment, sudden or gradual, of a realised master.

Back on topic: My personal take on 'being an empath is truly a gift' is that it is a gift one cannot give back.

For many of us it is not all sunshine and rainbows and dolphins. I think there is a lot of confusion about what 'the gift' entails.

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Hi Daydra!

This is a really great post :) I agree with you that everyone has "empathic" potential, but that a lot of people don't know it or understand it. Also, it's interesting how highly sensitive people tend to be more empathic than those who aren't as sensitive. I think this is because we see so much that other's don't see, and we have the gift of being able to interpret this extra info. in lots of really amazing ways. I read others' body language without trying to, for example.

I also agree with what you said about controlling emotions. It does take a lot of practice, but it's worth it!

You are inspiring to me <3

-Kitkat

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

You are right, Lavender&rose, it was and still is a very turbulent ride for me. I am struggling very much and if you read my other posts, I have a lot describing what I'm struggling with. What you've seen here is less than 1% of what I've experienced in my life and possibly what I'm experiencing right now. I'm not perfect. I'm just trying to be honest according to what I feel at the time because that is part of my healing. Thank you for your comment and trying to figure out your way through your own stuff by questioning others. We're all doing the best we can :)

Daydra
@daydra
last year
172 posts

I'm so glad you agree with my post Gene :) thank you for commenting. I'm so happy to hear how you have come to understand and be in control of your emotions as well. What I've come to realize on this journey is we have the power to either entertain others ways which we do not like or we can choose to be the positive example, you were for sure the positive example in this situation which is amazing. We can not allow others to determine how we should feel. In every situation I decide that no matter what I will remain happy and feel good :) thank you for sharing Gene :) Love and Light xxx Namaste

Daydra
@daydra
last year
172 posts

Just be patient with yourself Sky and just trust and know that in time you will come to understand and be in such control. You will surprise yourself my friend :) I believe we have the power to do anything we but our minds to :) thank you for sharing xxx Sending love and light. Namaste <3

Daydra
@daydra
last year
172 posts

I agree fully Visitor it is a beautiful gift :) just be proud of yourself at this moment in time that you do now know and understand and go from there :) you are amazing for coming to this conclusion bask in that incredible power that you have within.. the power of knowledge :) sending love and light to you my friend <3 Namaste

Daydra
@daydra
last year
172 posts

Thank you for your comment Lotus this was so beautifully said <3 I couldn't agree more. It's okay if we don't know what is next for us, all we have control over is our NOW :) and with our now we can be happy, have fun, enjoy life and you said it perfectly ...just be :) these are beautiful times indeed to be alive and living and it's up to us to enjoy them. Life is suppose to be simple and easy especially since we have the power to create it as such :) yesterday I spend my day relaxing and watched some cartoons because that's what makes me happy lol :) I still truly believe we are all still children at heart but we have been caught up in the ways of the world and forgot how to enjoy life. If ever we forget just spend a few hours with a child they will for sure remind you how to have fun and be your authentic self lol :) Love and Light to you my friend :) <3 Namaste

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Thanks, Daydra. I have my good moments too and realized I should share them :) Loving light your way~

Daydra
@daydra
last year
172 posts

That's beautiful Lotus I'm so glad that you did :) I hope you have a beautiful weekend my friend <3 Love and Light xxxx

Daydra
@daydra
last year
172 posts

Hi KitKat thank you so much for your kind words I'm so glad that you enjoyed my post. I just felt it necessary to share my thoughts on it and I'm so glad so many people resonate with it :) I'm so happy to hear that you also feel it's a great gift which it is :) I also feel it is a stepping stone for us to do so much more with it. I'm open and excited as to what is in store for us :) I hope you have a beautiful weekend KitKat thank you again for sharing with me :) Love and Light xxx Namaste

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Anytime! Hope you have a beautiful weekend, too <3 Namaste :)

Daydra
@daydra
last year
172 posts

Thank you Kit Kat :) Namaste my friend :) <3 <3

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book