Sudden anxiety wave -- what is it?

To post a reply, login or signup

Snap
@snap
last year
103 posts

A couple of hours ago, I was meeting with someone and had a sudden wave of anxiety with a 'charged' feeling in the heart area. It came on strongly for a few seconds, subsided a bit, lingered for a couple of minutes, then I started feeling normal again fairly quickly.

Last time I had 'out of the blue' anxiety it turned out my son was very anxious at the time. He was absolutely fine but very anxious.

This time I can't find a cause in my family. I thought it might be the person I was meeting with but I watched her and she was clearly not the source. I guess it could be various other people. It certainly didn't feel like it was me -- no trigger, sudden onset and took me by surprise. It was like I was being engulfed in anxious energy with a strong focus in the heart region.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be much appreciated!

Steve

updated by @snap: 01/10/17 10:43:10PM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
787 posts
My guess is someone ...a spirit...tapped you on the shoulder. ..the vibrations may come across as anxiety to human beings..I have trouble telling the 2 apart too sometimes....
Snap
@snap
last year
103 posts

Interesting possibility. How do you know, in yourself, a spirit has tapped you? Is there anything else particular about it? I was trying to tune in but it was a bit hard because at first I thought a panic attack was coming on out of the blue, something which hasn't happened for many years.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
787 posts
From my own experience...when energy comes hits my aura...energy field...a few things happen...i'll sense it's approach...then it hits...and vibrates into my system..depending on the purpose of the energy...it flows into the Chakras. .where it vibrates thru...in my case I can sometimes hear what's in that energy...other times it manifests into a dream...or it's an entity/spirit...even a prayer is an energy movement...a friend of mine sometimes does the sweat lodge. ..and includes me in his prayer...I can feel that coming...it's a nice feeling as opposed to some thought forms that don't feel nice at all...we feel these as vibrations and our system isn't used to it...it can cause an anxiety/panic affect within the body because the vibrations are not normal to the human body ...so...I can have an anxiety attack..even though I really have nothing to feel anxious about...those are what are scarey if you don't know what's going on...then if it happens often enough you start thinking your sick in some way .....lol...so...it's good to know how your feeling at any given time...clear out links and memories...just keep tabs on all that...a spirit may touch a sensitive part of your energy field...ie a chakra...to get your attention...sometimes it feels like a Lil tickle...lol...I've actually been punched , it felt like being zapped by a bolt of electricity . .. in the heart Chakra by a spirit...hard...and it hurt...a lot...lol...knowing exactly how your mood is...if anything seems out of the ordinary after the energy hits...either right away...or anytime later...anyway..your doing great...
Snap
@snap
last year
103 posts

A lot of interesting food for thought there. I'm trying to recall the experience in light of what you say. Now I think back, it's possible that the odd 'charged' feeling in the heart chakra area came first then the anxiety after, which could be as a response to a wierd vibration/feeling as you say. The confusing thing is that it felt a bit like tightness in the chest that can accompany anxiety, though probably only "sort of". I was immediately thinking my son is freaking out because I felt what he felt around the chest on the previous occasion when he was freaking out (but fine). But I felt jittery for a while afterward that time. Yesterday, it came on quickly and passed just about as quickly.

There was definitely a ripple/wave through the outer part of my aura/field but again, I've had that with the onset of anxiety before. However, again when I think about it, there was an odd quality to it and, of course, maybe on previous occasions I didn't realise that this was a source of anxiety rather than a consequence, so to speak.

I didn't have any sensation of being touched though. In a house I lived in a long time ago, I felt touches in the shoulder and back almost every night going to sleep. I got the classic "chills" and goose-bumps in that house one evening, and had to get out and walk for 45 minutes. Yet most of the time it didn't feel like a negative presence. But no sensations this time, other I guess than in the heart region.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
787 posts

Actually my heart chakra hurts all the time...I've had so much happen to it that all sensations that go through it hurts...I think something's been damaged with all the energy that it's encountered...I know what you mean about the tightness and I'm not always sure about what's arriving...all I know something is and I wait to see what happens...and what I hear...

Snap
@snap
last year
103 posts

I'm a bit that way too, though it's more like discomfort than pain around the heart. Peridot and similar crystals right over the heart (pendant) ease it a lot for me. I could feel a 'release' straight away -- presumably the frequency of the crystals does something to energy patterns there.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
728 posts
Karen, very interesting. I pick up "things" quite often (anxiety, sadness, etc). I always attribute it to living humans, but sometimes I cannot figure out the source. It had crossed my mind that maybe I was picking up spirt energy but cannot tell the difference due to the fact that I can pick up on emotion from long distances. So in the end, I was always just chalking it up to the living....maybe I'm more sensitive than I first thought. Would love to figure out how to tell the difference. Any suggestions? I know everyone is different but maybe some direction :) I do sometime hear, see and smell things of spirt nature, but not all the time.
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
787 posts
You know what?...i'm having trouble answering that question...lol..I guess it's more a process of elimination and the type of energy...how the energy enters my system...does it fly in or do I walk through it...does it seem to linger...or follow me...if I go back later is it still there or did it move on....I keep tabs on all that i'm sensing....and am aware that some spirit can think at me so I hear actual words..use images to communicate but not words and use emotion to communicate...etc...it just takes time to develop your own recognition system....i'm not afraid to investigate anything I don't understand...until I can actually identify what I'm sensing...lol...there's and area in this city I have NO idea what's going on there..my friend felt it too since he was always afraid to go into it..so I dragged him back one afternoon because I felt the need to...turns out there was a spirit there who needed help...so we helped her...her spirit had been there for a long time and we helped her find her spirit family...who came and finally found her...was a very lovely thing...anyway...my friend says the whole area feels good and happy to him...at peace..but I went back and I still feel a heavy presence there...very oppressive...and I can't figure out why...so...energy comes in many forms....just keeping tabs at how it presents itself to your energy is a place to start....

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book