"Gas lighting" or "hazing"

To post a reply, login or signup

Citronella
@citronella
last year
4 posts

If any have experienced this atrocity, please comment as to your handling thereof

updated by @citronella: 01/25/17 03:37:44AM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
786 posts
There's a guy from work who I befriended....he was very sick and I felt bad for him...but I got the feeling he wanted more...I didn't feel comfortable with him the few times we hung out...he invited me to his place...I went and even though I felt uncomfortable I chalked it up to my being shy...so...he then invited himself to my place. ..I hymed and hawed and I got a text saying...I think I know you enough by now (after one meeting) that even if you refuse I won't let you back out...you can count on me...and a red flag went up...the way he'd worded it was odd...so I agreed for him to come over...once here...we watched a couple of movies...no big deal...but...one time he reached out and ran his finger along the sole of my foot...he didn't ask if it was alright to touch me..he just did it...he then took my picture...the flash on his camera went off quite suddenly...I asked him about it..he denied taking the pic. ..now that shouldn't matter..except he'd asked me for a pic once and i'd refused to give him one...I don't like people having my pic...and he took one without my permission...and lied about it....I shoulda grabbed his phone..but this guy is a big guy...he finally left...and i'm never letting him come back....so...shortly after his visit he texted me...a few times that day...and I responded a bit to all but one...there wasn't much to them....and I didn't respond to it...wasn't worth respousing to...the next day I got these texts demanding why I didn't respond to that one text...that i'd responded to the rest..but why not that one...etc...he made a very big production out of it...and seemed to be trying to make me feel as if i'd dun something horrible...I barely know this guy and here he was picking at me over something so trivial...he told me at the beginning not to expect him to answer all my texts...that he was tired and sleeping all the time etc...that I had to make adjustments for him and his illness...etc...one rule for him one rule for me. He was freaked me out...I told him to stop what he was doing...it felt totally icky...he said no problem...he'd stop...but he kept it up a bit longer...and finally stopped...he was totally ignoring my discomfort even though I told him he was making me feel uncomfortable...he said he was just trying to make me laugh..except it didn't feel that way at all...he was purposely picking on me and I knew and felt it . .so I took him off my phone and have never responded to his text since then...he tried contacting me a few times...but I didn't respond....so..even at that early stage of this...friendship...he was trying to find the buttons to push..setting me up to start his abuse...so i'm not sure if this is gas lighting...but it had that feel to it...lol...and I caught it..so i'm not dumb...and I won't let it go on for long...he felt dangerous...
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
786 posts
Also..one of my dogs didn't like him...he kept growling at the guy...the guy didn't like that...and kept picking/instigating that behavior from my dog...I kept telling him to ignore my pooch and let him decide to approach or not...but he wouldn't listen...which was another red flag...he found the expression that triggered the growl and bad behavior from my pooch and kept looking at my pooch that way even when I told him to stop...
Citronella
@citronella
last year
4 posts

Really sorry to hear about your experience. Pets are excellent at sensing such "gremlins". They tell it like it is

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book