Anxiety, super sensitivity, high energy...oh my!

To post a reply, login or signup

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

I was going to post this in the anxiety group, but I see some posts on the main thread where people are feeling very "open" as I call it. Exposed, raw, vulnerable, anxious (especially in public).

I'm having one of those moments now. It's intense but I'm riding the wave. I feel energy on the surface of my skin, all over my body, like soft electricity, lifting the hairs on my arms and moving over my skin slightly. I also feel light energy flowing through my body, as if I'm an energy being (similar to the old expression when someone's nervous: "a ball of restless energy in the pit of the stomach," though this is my entire body). My hands are super cold (but it's 65 degrees F in here, which is a bit on the cool side anyway and I've been sedentary so my body temp is low).

I periodically affect electronics, depending on how intense my emotions are in this "open" state. My emotions change based on my thoughts and actions, and my emotions affect my energy, which is why the energy of intense emotions can "jump out" farther and conflict with electrical energy, in this state of openness (I believe this is good - to have open energy flow, as opposed to having blockages, though it could be flowing a little too much, but I don't know for sure).

My body feels tingly, very exposed (though I'm fully dressed), but actually, I think that it's more that I (my soul self, my true being) feel exposed, as if my awareness of my free flowing energy, from being so awake and aware and present, makes me feel as if other people are as aware of me as I am of me and can sense this intense anxiety, as if I'm wearing it like a costume and it's obvious. But really, they just pick up on how I feel through my mannerisms, tone of voice, etc., which is a reflection of my perspective of how I feel or what I'm thinking (all occurring inside me, though I will "show" some of this on the outside through my facial expressions, mannerisms, etc., which is what is visible to others).

So it's not necessarily that people are "reading" my energy. It's that they're noticing my reaction to my inner workings and responding to my reaction, depending on how observant they are and how open I am.

This anxious/super-sensitive state feels a little strange, uncomfortable, and awkward, but I know I'm safe and it will pass eventually, so I'm not going to add fear or any negativity to it to make it worse. Just breathe, do something different, listen to some good music, and allow the super sensitivity to pass on its own. Because it will. It always does.

It's like surfing/riding a wave at the ocean. I'm going to surrender to it and just float with it until the wave levels out. That's all. No need to add any hype to an already high-strung feeling ;)

As with everything, this too shall pass. And it passes quicker when I don't hold onto it and fight it, because that only makes it stick around for longer. I know I want it to pass as quickly as it's able, so I will not give it much attention and hopefully it will get bored and leave soon.

Peace to all~

updated by @lotusfly: 01/12/17 09:01:45PM
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
last year
1,185 posts

Hi Lotusfly,

I am not sure if you are asking anything here....is there a specific question?

If the question is does anyone else feel this, I do! I have been in this state more and more lately. I feel strongly it is related to something big happening soon, probably a natural disaster of some kind.

You are handling it much better than I am, if that helps. :-)

C. Cat

Austin1977
@austin1977
last year
20 posts
I find it helpful to just take a minute. Don't focus on stopping the feeling. Just breathe and recognize its there. A lot of times I think we have to feel these intense feelings. Our gift comes from a positive place. Therefore I believe we will be guided into positivity. Listen to what your feelings are telling you. Expose the feeling to effectively heal this suffering. Message me personally anytime if you need any kind of help. Sending positive vibes and light to you now!Austin
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

No question, just sharing what my anxiety is like and how I deal with it.

I have a feeling it's related to ascension, but if that's the case, I don't see how it will get better? I think my chi is flowing more freely, so it's not really a bad thing, just feels weird, like spiritual, and because I know few people in the regular world feel this, so I'm like a buzzing body and a bit self conscious about it, though people probably can't tell. It's just weird to be in this high state of being, spiritual, aware, and awake, and people aren't talking about it in public or are hush about it. I want the world to be more open and friendly with each other. That is how I am. I am not afraid to be me. I've become quite expressive, but then people stare. I can feel their eyes on me, trying to grasp the good energy. Or they make judgmental or controlling comments, and I want to run away and escape this horribly painful world. It's so hard to feel comfortable here when people are so nosy about what I'm doing. I don't care what anyone else does or says. It's none of my business. I just want to live freely, the way I want, without people imposing themselves on me.

I have huge things to accomplish in this lifetime and I feel like I'm not making much progress. I have forward moments, but the bad days bring me down, and it seems like I'm getting nowhere.

I have to do a lot of resting after long periods of activity, before I feel I have recovered and ready to go back out again. I suppose this is normal, but geez, it's frustrating. 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Thanks, C Cat. It's not easy to allow negative emotions (or stay in a negative situation) until they pass, but tomorrow is a different day :)

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Thanks, Austin!

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
last year
1,185 posts

I do hope very much that this is related to ascension and not a natural disaster like I am picking up. I would love to be wrong in this case.

Sounds like you have a great attitude. :-)

C.Cat

Anita
@anita
last year
1 posts
Lotusfly, What do you mean by ascecnsion? My first time posting.Peace and light,
Dice
@dice
last year
284 posts

Ground and let it flow through.

I recallthe strongest one when Ijoined here and it was a good thing that I had that topic discussion. It was the time when I learned the best grounding techniques for me. I learnedmore about myself andstarted to understandthe balance.

Deep Breathing was the best! I also love to have my feet in moving water.. it's the little things!

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Hi Lotusfly,

Those are really good tips for anxiety! :) I was just having anxiety about an hour ago. Only with me it feels like I'm suffocating :/ It's hard to describe, but I also have the feeling like my body has been plugged into an electrical socket.

Riding the wave is actually how my Mom has taught me to make it through pain and terrible symptoms, so I like how you said it that way. Believing that it will go away is powerful!

Kitkat

P.s. A tip I've heard for anxiety is to do "heart centered breathing," where you imagine your breath coming in through your heart and out through your abdomen. It has helped a little, because one of the major causes/symptoms of anxiety is having an irregular heartbeat.

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Hi Kit Kat,

I think worrying about the anxiety makes it worse. I'm not concerned about an irregular heartbeat. Ever heard the old sayings about a fluttering heart or my heart skipped a beat when someone thought about their crush? The heart is not going to beat at a perfectly constant rhythm all the time. It works with and responds to other factors both in and out of the body, so it adjusts to the rhythm and flow of life and change.

So it's not beneficial to worry about worrying :)

Thanks for your tip! Breathing definitely helps me to get through anxiety. Actually, I think we could all use more quality breathing in our life. It is our livelihood and we will feel better overall if we breathe better :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book